Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDaniel seeking to overturn election results

McDaniel seeking to overturn election results

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...-thad-cochran/

Volunteers working for tea party challenger Chris McDaniel in Mississippi say they have already found 20 percent of the invalid double-votes they need to cancel Sen. Thad Cochran’s business-funded runoff victory.

“We’re finished with Hinds County, and we’re up to 1,500” invalid votes, said Noel Fritsch, Daniel’s press aide.

That’s critical because McDaniel can force another runoff if he can find more invalid votes than Cochran’s roughly 7,000-vote margin-of-victory on June 24. Votes are invalidated if voters cast ballots in both the Democrats’ June 3 primary and the GOP’s run-off on June 24.

However, McDaniel can also force another election even if he can’t find 7,000 invalid ballots, said Fritsch.

“We don’t have to prove that we have 7,000 [invalid] votes…. all there needs to be is enough doubt about the election, and we’re confident about that,” he said.

That “cancel by doubt” strategy gives the McDaniel campaign an incentive to collect evidence about possible vote-buying and other potentially unethical behavior by Cochran’s campaign.

So far, there are many reports about shady outreach to Democratic voters supposedly undertaken by Cochran and his allies, particularly done by relatives of former Gov. Haley Barbour.

For example, The Daily Caller reported that Henry Barbour, the head of the Mississippi Conservatives PAC and the nephew of Haley Barbour, paid Democratic operative Mitzi Bickers “to make paid calls to potential Cochran supporters.” Those calls may have spurred many loyal Democrats to cast invalid votes.

In the search for improper votes, GOP officials who are affiliated with Cochran’s campaign are trying to block McDaniel’s search for invalidated votes that are recorded in the poll books, Fritsch said.

“They’re stalling in at least half of the counties across the state,” he said.

Some are “asking for large fees, and throwing up every roadblock you can imagine to stop us from seeing the poll books,” Fristch stated.

That resistance “tells us they don’t want us to see the poll books,” he added.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sic 'em!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I also read somewhere that Cochran's sister-in-law is on the state elections board. Nope, no conflict of interest there.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

I anticipate more violence in this situation...My family is from Mississippi, I know how it works there.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I anticipate more violence in this situation...My family is from Mississippi, I know how it works there.
    What do you think about the alleged tea party suicide there? Foul play?

The more I get involved in MS politics, the more I understand that statement.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

I am very suspicious of anyone who cares so much about getting elected. It makes me think he is looking towards the senate less as an opportunity to make a difference, and more as a future career.

Are these volunteers also checking for invalid votes on the McDaniel side?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Uhm, exactly how would you do that? There is only 1 side in this: either the person was legally allowed to vote or they were not, they aren't checking to see WHO the person voted for as we supposedly still have a private ballot voting system.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It does not work that way, they are looking for Illegal Voters, not individual votes for Cochran. If they find 7000, it does not matter who they voted for, there are surely some who voted for McDaniel illegally as well. But the vast majority would be for Thad, because he reached out to the Dems.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Their surname isn't Snopes by any chance?

I am very suspicious of anyone who cares so much about getting elected. It makes me think he is looking towards the senate less as an opportunity to make a difference, and more as a future career.
    Uhh... he can't vote to make a difference if he isn't elected
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The odds that this gets overturned are zero. U.S. courts simply don't overturn election results, even in close cases such as Franken-Coleman, Murkowski-Miller, Bush-Gore or Gregoire-Rossi. It's sad to see these supposed Tea Party-types, Miller in Alaska and McDaniel here, acting like Al Gore circa 2000.

McDaniel probably committed voter fraud himself, if you hold him to his own standards:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...it-voter-fraud

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It's sad to see these supposed Tea Party-types, Miller in Alaska and McDaniel here, acting like Al Gore circa 2000.
    Hell no... I want someone to fight! We need more people calling BS on shenanigans.

Politics, a filthy nasty business full of corruption. Senator Harry Reid did the exact same thing in Nevada's Clark county. If you let criminals get away with their crimes, they will continue to do it again AND share their fraud and theft with establishment cronies... these people are "Thick as Thieves".

Go get'em McDaniel!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-01-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

So, someone who wants to make a difference shouldn't run in the first place? Or having gone to all that trouble, they should just roll over and take being robbed to prove to you that they don't have ulterior motives? Do their contributors and volunteers count, or should he allow them to be robbed with him? Again, do the needs of all those people, who really want the person to make a difference, not outweigh your need to not have to wonder if he's in it for the civic service or the brib--er, I mean campaign contributions?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Shrewdness in public life all over the world is always honored, while honesty in public men is generally attributed to dumbness and is seldom rewarded.'--Will Rogers
    Sorry if you consider a desire to win to be unseemly in everyone who is seemly, and only seemly in those who are unseemly. Hope you don't mind if I tell you that I don't care, I just want to see Congress packed with human beings for a change.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-02-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.

Last edited by ctiger2; 07-01-2014 at 09:46 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Breitbart News Network

FNC Report: Haley Barbour Tied to Race-Baiting, Anti-Tea Party Radio Ads in MS

The spot urges listeners to participate in the vote and warns if voters fail to do so, it will result in the loss of entitlement benefits and funding for black universities.
    "If someone tells you that by voting today, you cannot vote in November - it’s just a Tea Party, bald-faced lie." Are you going to let the clock run out on today? By not voting, you are saying 'take away all of my government programs, such as food stamps, early breakfast and lunch programs, millions of dollars to our black universities.’ Everything we and our families depend on that comes from Washington will be cut. Mississippi will never be the same. The question is, will you spend $5 on gas to vote, or allow the Tea Party to send us back to the good ol’ bad days? Vote against the Tea Party. Vote Thad Cochran."

Earhart identified the group responsible for the ad to be a group called Citizens for Progress, which according to Earhart is a group tied to former RNC chair and Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS).

C Stern Strategic Marketing in Brandon, MS | 118 Waterwood Dr, Brandon, MS

Did Thad Cochran and Hailey Barber family campaign use a Liberal/Progressive 527 EIN group to attack McDaniel in Mississippi?

There's aNorth Carolina 'Citizens For Progress',they targeted the Republican Governor. (Liberal/Progressive Group)
    http://www.followthemoney.org/databa...phtml?ie=12616

Rank Contributor Total
    1 Democratic Governors Assn $2,946,682
    2 National Education Assn $413,358
    3 IUPAT Political Committee $5,000
    4 Pvc Inc $500
    4 GlaxoSmithKline $500
    4 WCI Partners, Lp $500
    7 Falls Village Veterinary Hospital $200
    8 Bailey & Dixon $150
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-01-2014 at 10:32 PM.

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Are we getting to the tipping point yet?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The odds that this gets overturned are zero. U.S. courts simply don't overturn election results, even in close cases such as Franken-Coleman, Murkowski-Miller, Bush-Gore or Gregoire-Rossi. It's sad to see these supposed Tea Party-types, Miller in Alaska and McDaniel here, acting like Al Gore circa 2000.

McDaniel probably committed voter fraud himself, if you hold him to his own standards:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...it-voter-fraud
    That's not true. Please research Mississippi election laws. The Hattiesburg, Mississippi election of 2013 was redone because of irregularities. All McDaniel has to do is show enough doubt of the election's validity for a new election to be called.

Less than 1/2 of MS counties examined - 3,300 irregular votes found!

Right now, volunteers are only counting instances where a person who had already voted in the Democrat primary on 6/3, also voted in the Republican primary run-off - illegally. In addition, there are still over 18,000 absentee ballots to examine.

by MATTHEW BOYLE 1 Jul 2014

...“Our volunteers on the ground have found over 3,300 irregular votes after examining fewer than half of Mississippi's counties, and that total does not include the Delta counties or even the more than 18,000 absentee ballots, which are sure to include many more irregularities, since that was the prime focus of Cochran's Get Out the Democrat Vote strategy,” McDaniel spokesman Noel Fritsch told Breitbart News.

Breitbart News has not independently verified any of the ballots the McDaniel campaign says are illegitimate.

Election integrity group True The Vote alleges, in a new lawsuit filed on Tuesday against Mississippi GOP chairman Joe Nosef and Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, that the two are not cooperating with McDaniel’s campaign’s or other independent groups’ efforts to verify the election results. True The Vote’s lawsuit seeks a federal judge to order the state government and party officials to share election records to be inspected for ineligible votes.

For McDaniel to launch a solid challenge against the election outcome—in which Cochran beat McDaniel by just under 6,700 votes—McDaniel would need to be able to cast doubt on the legitimacy of at least the number of votes that comprised that margin of victory, if not more. Right now, the effort is focused specifically on identifying those votes from Democrats who voted in the June 3 Democrat primary in addition to the June 24 GOP primary runoff.

McDaniel may be able to find enough votes in just those places to make up the margin by which Cochran won, but if he cannot, there are other ways to get the numbers he needs to call for a new election. Other possibilities for McDaniel and his team to drive up the number of allegedly ineligible votes include, for example, the challenging of absentee ballots—which saw a massive spike heading into the runoff, as well as any other instances of alleged fraud or irregularities.

“The campaign is focusing primarily on ineligible votes cast in the June 24th Republican primary runoff by voters who participated in the June 3 Democratic primary, but there are other types of irregularities voters all over Mississippi keep sending in to us which we're collecting for such time as a legal challenge is filed,” Fritsch said...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-For-Challenge

State Executive Committee met at GOP HQ in Jackson

MS's state executive committee met at GOP Headquarters in Jackson yesterday. Also attending were 3 members from each campaign. State Senator Michael Watson says 3300 voting irregularities have been found. 38 counties examined so far.

Video at WAPT (01:10)
    http://www.wapt.com/politics/gop-mee...6748314#!7g6YD

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I also read somewhere that Cochran's sister-in-law is on the state elections board. Nope, no conflict of interest there.
    The corruption within this benighted land is sickening. The United States needs to be purged with flame.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Right now, volunteers are only counting instances where a person who had already voted in the Democrat primary on 6/3, also voted in the Republican primary run-off - illegally. In addition, there are still over 18,000 absentee ballots to examine.
    Same old gang stick together...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_NosefPolitical career

Nosef's first political involvement was with the Hinds County Republican Party, where he has served on the executive committee since 2000.[3]

He served as the Chief Counsel to Governor Haley Barbour from 2004-2006[3] until he resigned to run Barbour's 2007 re-election campaign.[5] In 2008, he served as Chief of Staff to Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant,[3] and led the gubernatorial transition campaign after Bryant was elected governor in the 2011 election.[5]

In 2012, Mississippi Republican Party chairman Arnie Hederman resigned. Nosef was elected for the remainder of Hederman's term on January 11, 2012,[4] and elected to a full four-year term in May 2012.[5]

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

1986 Alabama Democratic primary runoff results thrown out by court:

ALABAMA DEMOCRATS' RUNOFF FOR GOVERNOR IS THROWN OUT

By WILLIAM E. SCHMIDT, Special to the New York Times
    Published: August 2, 1986

A special three-member panel of Federal judges today threw out the results of the Alabama Democratic Party's gubernatorial primary runoff June 24, saying the winner had violated Federal voting laws.

The judges overturned the selection of the Alabama Attorney General, Charles Graddick, as the Democratic nominee, and told party officials that his opponent, Lieut. Gov. Bill Baxley, must be certified as the nominee or a new primary must be held.

Mr. Graddick won by 8,756 votes over Mr. Baxley among nearly a million votes cast in the primary to choose the party's nominee to succeed Gov. George C. Wallace, who is retiring when his term expires in January.

The Hendersons charged that Mr. Graddick had violated the Civil Rights Act of 1965 by refusing, as the state's chief law-enforcement officer, to enforce a 1979 party rule that bars Republican voters from crossing over to vote in the Democratic primary.

Instead, the suit charged, Mr, Graddick abused his authority as Attorney General by encouraging the illegal crossover voting.

The judges concluded that this action by Mr. Graddick represented a change in Alabama voting procedures that was illegal because it had not been reviewed in advance and cleared by the Justice Department as required by Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act.

More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/1986/08/02/us...hrown-out.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's rewind to: April 16, 2014

Mississippi crony Hailey Barber-Thad Cochran GOP chairman: Joe Nosef

This is the GOP Chairman attacking GOP candidates... I think we all know by now, it's the party of elite criminals vs. the people.

Tea Partiers Livid State GOP Wants Clarification On White Supremacy Ties

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Let's rewind to: April 16, 2014

Mississippi crony Hailey Barber-Thad Cochran GOP chairman: Joe Nosef

This is the GOP Chairman attacking GOP candidates... I think we all know by now, it's the party of elite criminals vs. the people.

Tea Partiers Livid State GOP Wants Clarification On White Supremacy Ties
    I'm glad I am able to put a face with the name Nosef now. At the 2012 primaries he was an arrogant $#@! once everyone realized us RP delegates didn't have enough people to run away with it. After we had our initial count to see if we could seize control (which he threatened to not allow) he commented that "apparently the nays sound like more people than they are" or something along those lines and all but laughed out loud at us falling short. Constantly sighing any time a RP delegate wished to comment and tried to block (by omitting the vote for) an addition to the states Republican platform submitted through the proper channels to include something about supporting a balanced budget. Luckily once it was read out loud even the establishment supporters couldn't say no to including it in the platform (even if they don't support candidates who actually live up to it). At no point during the delegate process from precinct to the state level did I feel more like an outsider and targeted than when this guy took the mic. His attack of McDaniel is no surprise.

He has been great motivation for me. I'm just glad I'm able to connect the name and face now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I am glad that Hannity is taking such an interest in this. I know that he is terrible on most things but when he does something like this that can help me then I will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Same old gang stick together...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_NosefPolitical career

Nosef's first political involvement was with the Hinds County Republican Party, where he has served on the executive committee since 2000.[3]

He served as the Chief Counsel to Governor Haley Barbour from 2004-2006[3] until he resigned to run Barbour's 2007 re-election campaign.[5] In 2008, he served as Chief of Staff to Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant,[3] and led the gubernatorial transition campaign after Bryant was elected governor in the 2011 election.[5]

In 2012, Mississippi Republican Party chairman Arnie Hederman resigned. Nosef was elected for the remainder of Hederman's term on January 11, 2012,[4] and elected to a full four-year term in May 2012.[5]
    That is the way MS is.

Abigail Adams

A girl I know says her mom watched people illegally vote for Cochran in Mississippi.

nastiness

nastiness
    And I'll bet not a damn thing happens...

And you wonder why some of us are cynical and distrustful of the political process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast