Thread: "Paul denies report he compared NH tax evaders to Ghandi" - Boston Globe

"Paul denies report he compared NH tax evaders to Ghandi" - Boston Globe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wait, isn't this one accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by angrydragon View Post
    Wait, isn't this one accurate?
    They even say his statement on Fox News was consistent with his comments to the Boston Globe awhile back.

Sounds good to me. I think it's funny that he's getting all this attention for THIS, though.

Doofus

It's just really sad that people only hear what they want to hear. He did originally compare the Browns to Ghandi and MLK and in the Fox interview he again DID compare the Browns to Ghandi and MLK, saying that they were similar for practicing civil disobedience. He also said they were unsimilar because the Browns could be using force by threatening anybody who tries to take them to jail (even though he also said he doesn't know much about the case). This type of misunderstanding is typical if you're actively looking for a way to make it seem like somebody went back on their word or changed their mind. So far, I think we all know Dr. Paul is pretty good about that.

s/evaders/protesters/
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

Are the Browns really being broadcast that much in the MSM? Enough for most people to even know whats going on when Fox interviewed RP?

Or, will this just end up bringing more attention to Ron and add more blowback to the MSM attempts to hurt him?

I'm confused
    Everyone get behind Ron Paul and fight your guts out!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyurm View Post
    Are the Browns really being broadcast that much in the MSM? Enough for most people to even know whats going on when Fox interviewed RP?

Or, will this just end up bringing more attention to Ron and add more blowback to the MSM attempts to hurt him?

Nope, THE MSM are to dam Busy with there fantasies over that little Rich Mis Paris Hilton

The media dosent care what happens to the browns, case the MSM media cares only about the rich they dont care about the middle class

Man if ron paul wins the 08, i hope there will be bill in which it calls for the newsnetworks to be fair and truthfully.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    s/evaders/protesters/
    LOL.

Did I miss something? This article title says he denied it, but the article just goes on to explain that he did do it. Is this just sloppy article writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    Did I miss something? This article title says he denied it, but the article just goes on to explain that he did do it. Is this just sloppy article writing?
    Ron Paul said that he, Ron Paul, does not espouse violent protest. He was saying that he follows Ghandi's lead, and was not comparing the Browns to Ghandi. Go read the article again, a little bit slower.

If Ron wins the MSM be will deregulated and anybody will be able to have their own radio station

Many in the FreeRepublic think the original story was accurate, namely, that he linked Ghandi with the Browns.
    I've been out of politics for 10 years. Ron Paul brought me back

I think RP talking about the Browns helps the Browns. It's publicity for them, whether it's good or bad, maybe it will draw more people into digging deeper into their story.

Just watched the video on RPTV and he DID compare their civil disobedience to Ghandi's and King's, etc.

He basically said the Income Tax is bad law and I support those who want to exercise civil disobedience to oppose it, as long as they are aware of and prepared to face the possible consequences for their actions. He said he prefers to fight the battle legislatively.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I e-mailed the author (James Pindell) last night and he said he'd been "flooded" (his word) with e-mails from Paul supporters thanking him for setting the record straight.

Not really true. He compared people who challenge the tax law as heroic. He was speaking about others in the past, not necessarily the Brown's , but he may be speaking of people who challenge the tax laws in court and not people who support violent stand-offs.

Watch the original interview again carefully , the one fox is referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euMEXhWu4r4

Quote Originally Posted by denvervoipguru View Post
    Just watched the video on RPTV and he DID compare their civil disobedience to Ghandi's and King's, etc.

He basically said the Income Tax is bad law and I support those who want to exercise civil disobedience to oppose it, as long as they are aware of and prepared to face the possible consequences for their actions. He said he prefers to fight the battle legislatively.

I e-mailed the author (James Pindell) last night and he said he'd been "flooded" (his word) with e-mails from Paul supporters thanking him for setting the record straight.
    I think it's great to do this stuff to send the opposite message of the smear = negative spamming by RP supporters.

I think an equally effective strategy would be to wait a few days after the article is published and request more information about the author, mentioning OTHER articles you like, from his superiors (as a fan of his writing, not a fan of ron paul).

They get the message people like what he's doing, he gets the boost from his superiors.

We can control the market through light pressure and much praise.

And boycotts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zydeco View Post

So is he going to post a retraction publicly rather than privately?
    I've been out of politics for 10 years. Ron Paul brought me back

Ed and Elaine both still suffer as political prisoners and will most likely die in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ed and Elaine both still suffer as political prisoners and will most likely die in jail.
    Just proving that a "Ghandi" route isn't gonna do $#@!. With the exception of the few paying taxes is a noble and patriotic duty. Ghandi was able to garnish international sympathy for his movement. In America you'll be excoriated by both the left and the right.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just proving that a "Ghandi" route isn't gonna do $#@!. With the exception of the few paying taxes is a noble and patriotic duty. Ghandi was able to garnish international sympathy for his movement. In America you'll be excoriated by both the left and the right.
    Owe you rep...