Thread: Things will be quiet

Things will be quiet

Hey Guys with the run-off and the primary behind us, things are gonna be quiet until at least November.

The only really competitive seat is the one Konni Burton is running for. SD10 (Wendy Davis's seat) So, you want to still donate or volunteer there's your best bet. Other than that, it'll be until the next Legislative Session in January where we're REALLY gonna fight and push hard for Liberty.

Any questions, comments, or discussion post below.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the political offseason come join the RPF Fantasy Football league: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Football-2014

Is Shem's race over?

There are a couple of us running for small local offices as well.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Is Shem's race over?

There are a couple of us running for small local offices as well.
    He's talking about Texas, this is posted in the Texas subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

ahh Duh! LOL! Sorry! That's what I get for new posts and not looking at the sub-forum!

Sorry archer for the off-topic post!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Hey Archer, the Senate District 4 Special Election Runoff with Steve Toth is not until August 5th. I really hope Steve wins, he needs money more than Konni at this point. Also State Senator Robert Duncan is stepping down to head up Texas Tech as Chancellor, State Rep Charles Perry from HD 83 is running for that seat. The field is not settled yet for that race, the election will likely be held in November along with the General Election. So someone will be replacing Charles Perry as well. Charles endorsed T.J Fabby this cycle.
    Last edited by William Tell; 06-30-2014 at 06:55 AM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yea, that's true. Toth's race is going to be decided by who ever does a better GOTV race. No one will vote in that special election unless contacted by the campaigns.

And you're also right on Perry. That field hasn't settled yet, and that election will be near November as well.

Not to mention the special election that will have to be had after November to fill Senator Hegar's seat after he's elected comptroller. Kolkhorst will be the best in that race. She'll be more of a politically minded person in the senate with all the ideologues we're sending down there.

I'll edit my post. Don't know why those slipped my mind.

Steve is another good candidate? Ok great.

There is probably going to be an open seat once Glenn Hegar is comptroller. Does any1 know of any good candidates around his area?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Steve, He's a 'Conservative' Sarah Palin Tea Party type. But we usually work with those types better.

I posted earlier, but Lois Kolkhorst is going to be the best bet for that seat. Her district is in his. She more of a pragmatic political type committee chair, and knows how things work. Medina is in that district but I can tell you she's got 0 interest in running for that seat or anything political anytime soon because of how the comptroller race went.

Steve Toth lost.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Steve Toth lost.

He did. Creighton isn't bad. He'll just hang around with the "Country Club" Republicans rather than the Grassroots. Let me be clear though, Creighton is NOT bad. In this election we had two good/decent choices. In my opinion and in many others opinions (although not the opinions of those in the district) Toth was the better choice of the two. OH WELL.

In other news, Representative Lois Kolkhorst announced she will seek Glenn Hegar's Senate seat if he's wins Comptroller. Unless someone else jumps in that I don't know. Kolkhorst will be the best for that seat in terms of what "We" want.
    (Side note, Debra Medina lives in that district however as I've said before will probably NOT run for Hegar's seat)
    Last edited by archer1600; 08-07-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Claver from Raging Elephants says Creighton is a Straus bootlicker.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

No. That's becoming the new go to attack for those trying to win the hearts of the Grassroots. Creighton ain't awesome but he's no freaking Charlie Geren or James Keffer. I think it's dishonest to say he THAT bad. I respect those guys, but sometimes they're just a little too much. Remember, their BUSINESS is radio.

I could see if my friend in the military would seek Hegar's spot Hale has a chance. Uhh I think Chris Carmona for TX House wouldn't be too bad. We lost toth for the tx House correct? EmpowerTexans has Creighton at around 84 percent. That isn't too bad. It's not anywhere ideal. My cutoff is basically around there and above for local elections.
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 08-09-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Dude, it takes a lot of Money and a lot of boots on the ground to win a Texas Senate seat. Remember, there's more people in a Senate District than a Congressional seat. Your friend is better off not running. With what will be a special election and not a primary. Special elections are decided by who can turn out their supporters vs campaigning to an electorate who is certain to show. How do you do the former? Feet and Money. That's why Creighton V Toth was a route. He (Your friend) should put off running, at least for now and wait for a better chance.

Kolkhorst is our best bet. Her Chief of Staff is a straight up Libertarian. We'll need a pragmatic type who can see things in political terms. If you look at a map of who's districts overlap with Hegar's you get Phil Stephenson, John Zerwas, Lois Kolkhorst and Geanie Morrison. Out of all those, and if we're going by Empower Texans scorecard, Kolkhorst comes out on top with 63%. Not great, but It'll do since we're gaining so much this election with those like Bob Hall, Don Huffines and likely Konni Burton. All of whom are Freshman vs Kolkhorst an experienced former Chairwoman.

Lastly I have reason to believe John Zerwas (the most Liberal member of the Republican Caucus who sponsored the bill to expand medicaid and bring Obamacare to Texas) will jump in that race to replace Hegar with lots of money and backing from the Lobby and Straus. It'll basically be a pick up for the Democrats if he wins.

Carmona is going against a Democrat. It's a tight district so we'll see if he makes it.

Yes, Toth is out. But we got someone good in his seat since he gave it up to run for State Senate-Keough. Once again, good but not "us"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Charles Perry won.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe