Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the price system is bad for economic productivity and jobs

the price system is bad for economic productivity and jobs

An economy COULD produce more if it wanted to, but it won't because of the free market's mechanism of finding the correct price.

The above illustration shows that a quantity of 50 COULD be produced (which means more productivity and more jobs), but it won't because of the price.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boshembechle View Post
    An economy COULD produce more if it wanted to, but it won't because of the free market's mechanism of finding the correct price.

The above illustration shows that a quantity of 50 COULD be produced (which means more productivity and more jobs), but it won't because of the price.
    Are you aware that we don't currently operate in a free-market?
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

And yes, a slave always could produce more...

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    And yes, a slave always could produce more...
    Who said anything about slavery?

Ok, this convinces me. This is someone's sock puppet just having fun. Nobody is really this stupid.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Who said anything about slavery?
    Either you are free to set the price of your own labor/goods or you are not...

And why do you refuse to recognize that we don't currently live in a free-market?

Now THAT is stupid.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ok, this convinces me. This is someone's sock puppet just having fun. Nobody is really this stupid.
    How so? Is it true or is it not true that the price determines how much is produced? Our economy could easily produce more cars, clothing, etc but will not because of price. It makes no sense. Why not use ALL of your resources you have available?

How so? Is it true or is it not true that the price determines how much is produced? Our economy could easily produce more cars, clothing, etc but will not because of price. It makes no sense. Why not use ALL of your resources you have available?
    Funny. Is this fun for you? Pretending to be an idiot? Andy Kaufman would be proud.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Great, the world can produce 20 Trillion cars and 13 tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Tonight, there is at least one unemployed, self-centered, really, really, lazy ass who demands that somebody give him a job.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

You should sue the economy for being such a dick. Tell that bastard to start producing more like a good communist economy would. There is a reason that all of the greatest economies in the world are communist and this stupid free market economy we are stuck with is an $#@! for keeping people from having jobs.

You know what I really hate about our economy? It's how the economy doesn't care about the poor. I mean if you look at the communist nations in the world, they don't have poor people. But here in America our economy just doesn't seem to give a $#@! about the poor.

Please sue the economy and end this injustice now! Don't turn your back on the poor. Only you can prevent poverty.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Great, the world can produce 20 Trillion cars and 13 tires.
    I have about four or five tires in case of that

Your understanding of economics sucks really badly, I am sorry to inform you. If you knew how wildly wrong you are, you would wear a paper bag over your head both publicly and privately for the next 5 years.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yall posting in a fire11 thread?

And here's my unlabeled X shaped graph proving your unlabeled X shaped graph is all wrong:

X
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ben Bernanke trolling RPF's. lol

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Yes you are, for consumers determine the price

I would rather make intelligent and prudent choices about how I spend what I earn than expect everyone else to work harder so I can have more stuff.
    Last edited by euphemia; 06-30-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I would rather make intelligent and prudent choices about how I spend what I earn than expect everyone else to work harder so I can have more stuff.
    You would expect them to work harder, and they would expect you to work harder. Seems like a fine system that ensures mutual destruction of scarcity.

You would expect them to work harder, and they would expect you to work harder. Seems like a fine system that ensures mutual destruction of scarcity.
    I work hard every day . I care not if others work at all so long as they get nothing from my labor , as it should be .Ticks .

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    yall posting in a fire11 thread?
    Nah , they would ban him and encourage more commies instead .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. People work harder to produce more stuff so you can work harder to earn it.
    #NashvilleStrong

Yes you are, for consumers determine the price
    I agree that for an exchange to take place the consumer must be willing and able to pay the asking price. If we assume we're dealing with a rational consumer this is setting the upper bounds of pricing. The individual offering the product is the sole determinate of the lower bounds. Supply and demand or equilibrium pricing is a business's pricing mechanism. Just as cost of production theory of value could be a business's pricing mechanism. As arbitrarily setting prices could be. Free markets have no pricing mechanism. They are markets free of force. The rest is left to the individual actors.

What your graph shows you is that consumers are only willing to buy 50 units if the price is 1, and producers are only willing to produce 50 units if the price is 5. So neither will do either, and those resources will be fortunately directed elsewhere. Social welfare is opitmized at the clearing price of 3 and an output of 30. This maximizes consumer surplus and producer surplus and social welfare. Any beginning principles text in micro will cover this in the first few chapters.
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-01-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What your graph shows you is that consumers are only willing to buy 50 units if the price is 1, and producers are only willing to produce 50 units if the price is 5. So neither will do either, and those resources will be fortunately directed elsewhere. Social welfare is opitmized at the clearing price of 3 and an output of 30. This maximizes consumer surplus and producer surplus and social welfare. Any beginning principles text in micro will cover this in the first few chapters.
    Exactly. The price system makes it uneconomical for actors in a market to produce at a level that creates abundance. If the price was 0, and the firm was owned by an entity that didn't have to deal with costs, there would be much more production. (enough to solve the scarcity issue)

Who doesn't have to deal with costs? Raw materials, technology, and labor cost something.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Who doesn't have to deal with costs? Raw materials, technology, and labor cost something.
    Only in free markets

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast