Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taser gun used on 10-year-old girl who 'refused to take shower'

Taser gun used on 10-year-old girl who 'refused to take shower'

The officer had been called to the girl's home in Ozark, Arkansas, by her mother because she was behaving in an unruly manner and refusing to take a shower.

In a report on the incident the officer, Dustin Bradshaw, said the mother gave him permission to use the Taser.
    When he arrived, the girl was curled up on the floor, screaming, and resisting as her mother tried to get her in the shower before bed.

"Her mother told me to take her if I needed to," the officer wrote.

The child was "violently kicking and verbally combative" when he tried to take her into custody and she kicked him in the groin.

The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, who is divorced from her mother, said the girl showed signs of emotional problems but did not deserve to be "treated like an animal".

He said: "Ten years old and they shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this.
    "If you can't pick the kid up and take her to your car, handcuff her, then I don't think you need to be an officer. She doesn't deserve to be treated like a dog. She's not a tiger." Local Mayor Vernon McDaniel said the FBI should investigate.
    The local Police Chief Jim Noggle said no disciplinary action was taken against Bradshaw.

"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child, just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," he said.

He said if the officer tried to forcefully put the girl in handcuffs, he could have accidentally broken her arm or leg.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ke-shower.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Geez, with a Mom like that I don't doubt the kid has emotional problems. Dad needs to get her outta that house asap, sounds like he has some sense.

As far as the cop goes, he's scum too. Really? A taser on a 10 year old girl? WTF, mom & the pig should be in jail for child abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Geez, with a Mom like that I don't doubt the kid has emotional problems. Dad needs to get her outta that house asap, sounds like he has some sense.

As far as the cop goes, he's scum too. Really? A taser on a 10 year old girl? WTF, mom & the pig should be in jail for child abuse.
    If a fellow citizen, one without special immunity, had used a tazer for compliance with an unruly child one could imagine the outcome.

The girl's father, Anthony Medlock, who is divorced from her mother, said the girl showed signs of emotional problems but did not deserve to be "treated like an animal".
    If a munane had done that to an animal they would most likely be facing charges.

My first instinct would probably have been to drag the kid outside and turn the hose on her. Teach her that showers are the enjoyable alternative...

Dads pissed about the taser, but okay with handcuffing her and hauling her off. What a dick.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Show me a kid that doesn't raise hell here and there when it's bath time. It's what they do for Christ's sake!

1. Mom calling the friggin cops on a 10 year old child for throwing a tantrum?
    2. Cop electrocuting the kid?
    3. Dad thinking it would have been OK had he just handcuffed the kid and hauled her to a jail cell?

This entire story makes me ill.
    I hope this woman is properly shunned by her friends and family. Of course, instead she'll be told how "brave" she is for calling for "help".

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Dads pissed about the taser, but okay with handcuffing her and hauling her off. What a dick.
    Oh I miss read, I thought the Mayor said that, oops. In that case, I agree, Dad's an $#@! too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh I miss read, I thought the Mayor said that, oops. In that case, I agree, Dad's an $#@! too.
    Ha! I figured you misread it. If it had been someone I didn't like I probably would have jumped all over that $#@!.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Ha! I figured you misread it. If it had been someone I didn't like I probably would have jumped all over that $#@!.
    Thanks, I'm a little slow sometimes.

So much fail, I don't even know what to say.

Gosh. It pains me to read reports like this that are popping up on these boards more and more every day. The girl is probably going through some tough times and on the surface it seems like mom is a gem alright. A real peach.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    So much fail, I don't even know what to say.
    Get OUT of the cities.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Get OUT of the cities.
    Yeah, no doubt. I'm working on it.

Excuse me as I send electricity through your body, it's for your own damn benefit after-all.

Mother gave cop permission.

10 year old girl.

Is this real life?

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post

Is this real life?
    People do stupid things,, always have and very likely will in the future.

It is yet another reason why the Police should not even exist.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Child abuse by the parents.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OMFG. /speechless If this is the Glorious Future our Fearless Dear Leaders envision for us, I'm getting off this ride...
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-29-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Imagine the outrage if some parents were letting their kids play unsupervised. that would be deserving of arrest of the parents.

Mother calls taser corps on her 10 year old. Fine.
    No - No - No - No

Excuse me as I send electricity through your body, it's for your own damn benefit after-all.

10 year old girl.

Is this real life?
    It's okay they called for a brave officer to subject their child to state sanctioned discipline....

I had 'emotional problems' too...until I heard dad's belt coming unbuckled. I wonder who instigated the divorce; if it was dad, he needs to STFU.

10 year old girl.

Is this real life?

Its kind of like a rite of passage these days... electrical shock... few days in jail... forced psyche meds. I thought everybody gets some. What's the big deal?

Last edited by presence; 06-29-2014 at 04:25 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Celebrate "freedom", idiots...

And while Alex was getting that "treatment", I'm sure you all recall what became of his fellow Droogs...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Its kind of like a rite of passage these days... electrical shock... few days in jail... forced psyche meds. I thought everybody gets some. What's the big deal?

I think most of us can remember being 10 yrs old--would it really have taken a taser to get you in line? Jesus, a stern look from my dad did the trick.

WTF is wrong with people?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I think most of us can remember being 10 yrs old--would it really have taken a taser to get you in line? Jesus, a stern look from my dad did the trick.

WTF is wrong with people?
    Meds in teh municipal water supply?
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

What is this "father" person you people are talking about?

"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child, just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," he said.
    "We knocked her down and inflicted severe pain, so she would not get hurt."

Jesus wept...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And while Alex was getting that "treatment", I'm sure you all recall what became of his fellow Droogs...
    "Treatment" has such a negative connotation comrade. We're discussing this child's necessary aversion therapy here aren't we?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    "Treatment" has such a negative connotation comrade. We're discussing this child's necessary aversion therapy here aren't we?
    That's what my Newspeak dictionary says.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Show me a kid that doesn't raise hell here and there when it's bath time. It's what they do for Christ's sake!

1. Mom calling the friggin cops on a 10 year old child for throwing a tantrum?
    2. Cop electrocuting the kid?
    3. Dad thinking it would have been OK had he just handcuffed the kid and hauled her to a jail cell?

This entire story makes me ill.
    I hope this woman is properly shunned by her friends and family. Of course, instead she'll be told how "brave" she is for calling for "help".
    It takes a village to raise a child. Oh, and a tazer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast