also owns:
    http://iamnotanarchist.us/

Kevin Craig
    Libertarian Candidate for U.S. House of Representatives
    Missouri's 7th Congressional District
    Promoting "Liberty Under God."

Summary of this website.
    Audio Introduction
    If someone tells you not to vote for Kevin Craig because "he's an anarchist," that person is trying to tell you that Kevin Craig is a person of bad moral character, or that his political policies would lead to crime and chaos. Whoever says such a thing is either a liar, or else a victim of educational malpractice, ignorantly repeating political slander.
    The English word "anarchist" comes from two Greek words: "a" (not) + "archist"
    Q.1: What is an "archist?"
    An "archist" is someone who believes he has a right to
    impose his will on others by force.
    The use of "force" includes a threat to do harm or violence, a threat to infringe on the other person's life, health, wealth, liberty, or obstruct the other person's pursuit of happiness.
    This may confuse you. You might ask, "If that's an 'archist,' what's the difference between an archist and an anarchist?"
    Americans have been trained in government-approved schools to believe that an "anarchist" is:

• a bomb-throwing
    • assassin
    • who rejects the doctrine of private property,
    • seeks to foment disorder, chaos and riots in order to overthrow the government by force and violence
    • and establish some dreadful political ideal like "the dictatorship of the proletariat," where everyone is his own god and criminals run wild.

This man is an "archist"
    I am 100% opposed to such things. I hope you are too.

U.S. House (MO)
    District 7
    (Running)
    Libertarian

Jim Evans

U.S. House (MO)
    District 7
    (Running)
    Democratic

Notes:
    http://jimevansforcongress.com/platform.html

Jim Evans believes in a government “of the people, by the people and for the people,” which serves the purpose of protecting “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” He believes that we have a right to fair participation with accurate information regarding the operations of government.
    Only effective government can protect personal liberty and establish a fair economic playing field.

Jim Evans, progressive conservative and Eisenhower Democrat, seeks to take that truth to Washington and serve as a true representative of the Ozarks values of the Seventh District.
    Jim Evans believes that all law-abiding American citizens should be free from unwarranted invasions of their communications and safe from un-Constitutional searches, in whatever form, of their persons and property. He also believes that contemporary conditions require vigilance as regards our personal and collective security.
    Benjamin Franklin once proclaimed that those who would trade liberty for security deserved neither. However, existential threats which did not exist in Franklin’s era, such as nuclear and chemical/biological weapons, caused most freedom-loving Americans to willingly consent to “national technical means” for monitoring the activities of adversaries during the Cold War and afterward. Today, the very real experience of non-state terrorism visited upon our soil has caused many truly conscientious citizens to very reluctantly accept the collection of “metadata” and similar infringements on pure privacy as, paradoxically, necessary for the preservation of a broader freedom.

The phony choices given to the public of genuinely universal intrusive “1984”-like surveillance or complete abdication of any responsibility for protecting the physical safety of the citizenry are both wholly unacceptable.
    The real issue is that of trust, or lack of same, in the authorities utilizing such methods. The absence of a reliably independent judicial oversight in such matters is at the heart of such concerns. What is desperately needed is the creation of a courts infrastructure, not subject to ‘capture’ by the various executive, intelligence and law enforcement agencies, to objectively monitor, authorize and, when necessary, restrict government activity.
    Government derives its powers from the people and its legitimacy from the consent of the governed. It is therefore not acceptable that any governmental activity be exempt from the eye of responsible representatives of the people.

He is troubled by the corrosive effect of partisan political ideologies on the quality of government. He is dismayed by a political system that responds to lobbyists and big money special interests rather than the general welfare of citizens.

An improved Medicare for All system, such as that promoted by groups like Physicians for a National Health Program and National Nurses United, will be the best means of assuring that all Americans, regardless of age or income, have an equal opportunity for a long, healthy life.
    Veterans benefits also must be improved and fully funded. The excruciating physical toll of America’s recent wars, in which improved battlefield and surgical techniques saved many lives but left many permanently injured in traumatic ways previously largely unknown, will also exact a fiscal toll that is unprecedented.
    As a start toward essential fairness and rewarding work, he will fight to make the minimum wage a living wage. The increased spending power this will provide to low income workers and the new floor it will establish for other workers will generate a surge in revenues for local businesses and additional jobs in the local economy. This is the bottom-up “rising tide that lifts all boats” approach to economic growth that helped to build shared prosperity in the past.

It is precisely the reverse of the recent history of top-down redistribution of income and wealth to a very few in the vain hope that some of it will “trickle down” to the rest of us.
    The current IRS code is a bloated and arcane set of documents that serves as full employment program for tax attorneys and accountants but fails to serve the public interest.
    He will therefore seek greater regulation of current practices such as “mountaintop removal” for coal and hydraulic fracturing or “fracking” which permanently scar the landscape and poison both ground and surface water. He opposes marketing North American fossil fuel reserves on international markets when we still lack energy independence.
    The revolving door between the Legislative and Executive branches and lobbying firms taints all legislation and regulation. When past and/or future lucrative employment dictates decision making by elected officials, their staffs or regulators, the public loses every time.

The present system is thoroughly corrupt. Minor reforms and tinkering along the edges will not be sufficient to restore a government worthy of its citizens.
    Jim Evans is committed to systemic change that fundamentally alters the crooked campaign finance system, sharply restricts the power of lobbyists and revives the Founders’ concept of the citizen legislator.

Billy Long

U.S. House (MO)
    District 7 Incumbent
    (Running)
    Republican

Notes:
    http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/123401/billy-long#.U62cqZRdUSs

May 30, 2014 H Amdt 763 Prohibits Funds from Being Used to Require Journalists to Disclose Sources Amendment Adopted - House
    (225 - 183)
    Nay

May 22, 2014 H Amdt 676 Repeals Indefinite Military Detention Provisions Amendment Rejected - House
    (191 - 230)
    Nay
    May 22, 2014 H Amdt 680 Repeals Military Force Authorization Amendment Rejected - House
    (191 - 233)
    Nay
    May 22, 2014 HR 3361 USA FREEDOM Act Bill Passed - House
    (303 - 121)
    Yea
    Feb. 26, 2014 HR 3865 Stop Targeting of Political Beliefs by the IRS Act of 2014 Bill Passed - House
    (243 - 176)
    Yea

Oct. 29, 2013 HR 3361 USA FREEDOM Act House Co-sponsor

Dec. 20, 2012 HR 4310 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 Conference Report Adopted - House
    (315 - 107)
    Yea

Genevieve Williams

U.S. House (MO)
    District 7
    (Running)
    Democratic

Notes:
    http://genforcongress.com/the-issues/

Affordable Health Care

I support the Affordable Care Act. I want to encourage cooperation and collaboration to continue to work toward our common goal of ensuring the availability of affordable health care for every American. Although it is an issue being dealt with by the Missouri State Legislature, I also support Medicaid Expansion and urge the State Legislative Body to vote both for Medicaid Expansion and participation in the insurance exchange subsidy offered under the ACA.
    Firearms
    I am a proud supporter of the Second Amendment. I believe our founding fathers intended this to be a nation of gun owners. This intention has been decided time and again by the Supreme Court. I also believe that we need to work to ensure that this is a nation of responsible gun owners. Firearms need to be secured when not in active use. Furthermore I do not believe bringing an assault rifle to get ice cream is protected by the Second Amendment.

Minimum Wage Increase
    I was previously on record as supporting a $9 an hour minimum wage. I know this plan would increase wages for literally millions of Americans, and at the time I felt the risks to the job market were too great to do something more drastic. New reports are now available that make it clear to me that a minimum wage of $10.10 is the only sensible proposal.

Marshall Works

U.S. House (MO)
    District 7
    (Running)
    Republican (Ran as Democrat in 2012 according to ballotpedia)

Notes:
    http://www.neoshodailynews.com/article/20140401/News/140409943
    Ballotpedia: http://ballotpedia.org/Marshall_Works

Marshall Works, 60, said he filed as an “ask not what your country can do for you, but rather what you can do for your country,” independent Republican.
    He proposes a progressive flat tax as a way to revamp the country’s tax code and allow taxpayers at all income levels to pay their fair share.
    He said Long, who is concluding his second two-year term, went in as a Tea Party candidate, and continued, “I’m not sure those people ever intended really to do any negotiating once they got there. It’s basically, ‘Here’s our line in the sand, and we’re not crossing it.’”
    Works concluded, “My way or the highway is not negotiating.”
    Last edited by nayjevin; 07-20-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.