Thread: Happy Custer Massacre Day!!

Happy Custer Massacre Day!!

Today is US Army Incompetence Day
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ompetence-day/
    Ryan McMaken (25 June 2014)

Writes James Bovard on his Facebook page:

On this day in 1876, Gen. George Custer led his 7th Calvary regiment into their destruction at the Little Big Horn. Custer had a long history of committing atrocities against Indians and southerners. He played a key role in the burning of the Shenandoah Valley – a policy explicitly aimed at starving the South into submission. And he was involved in the hanging of captured Confederate soldiers in my old hometown, Front Royal, Va. – an atrocity that should have gotten Custer branded as a war criminal.

It is often forgotten that Custer’s loss at Little Bighorn was just the latest defeat for the US Army at that time. The US Army usually lost to the Sioux and Cheyenne in military engagements. Indeed, the Sioux Wars lasted decades, and during that time, the United States Army rarely won on the battlefield. Sioux and Cheyenne warriors, though constantly hunted, starved, and persecuted by the US government, were consistently superior to American soldiers.

It was only after the US government wiped out the Buffalo herds and repeatedly destroyed the Sioux food supply that the tribes finally surrendered, after more than 20 years of fighting.

Indeed, starvation campaigns seem to a favorite past time of the US Military.

Reason to Celebrate Today
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...lebrate-today/
    Thomas DiLorenzo (25 June 2014)

Today is “Happy Custer Massacre Day,” the day that the raping, civilian-murdering, house-burning, property-stealing, city-bombing, Indian-women-and-children killing General George Custer met his demise at the Battle of Little Big Horn. What a shame that his pals Grant, Sheridan, and Sherman were not with him that day. (Thanks to Jim Bovard).

Happy Custer Massacre Day!
    http://jimbovard.com/blog/2014/06/25...-massacre-day/
    James Bovard (25 June 2014)

On this day in 1876, Gen. George Custer led his 7th Calvary regiment to their demise in Montana. The Battle of Little Big Horn was one of the biggest defeats suffered by the U.S. Army in the war against the Indians. It is only in recent years that proper attention has been paid to the role of atrocities by Custer and other military leaders in stirring up the wrath of oppressed Indians.

I visited the Little Big Horn Battlefield National Monument 45 years ago during a cross-country trip as a 12-year-old boy to a Boy Scout Jamboree in Idaho. Like most Scouts, I subscribed to the Patriotic Version of American History. After visiting the battlefield, I scribbled (or copied) a note that the Seventh Calvary’s “heroic defense made the nation yearn for details that no white man lived to tell.” Many years later, I learned that Custer’s men were wiped out in part because the Army Quartermaster refused to permit them to carry repeating rifles – which supposedly wasted ammo. The Indians didn’t have a quartermaster, so they had repeating rifles, and the rest is history.

Custer also played a leading role in the 1864 desolation of the Shenandoah Valley, where I was raised a century later. After failing to decisively vanquish southern armies in the battlefield, Lincoln and his generals decided to win the war by brutalizing civilians. In August 1864, Gen. U.S. Grant ordered the destruction of all the barns, crops, and livestock in the Shenandoah Valley. The etching to the left shows his troops after torching much of the town of Mt. Jackson, Virginia. The population of Warren County, my home county, fell by 20% during the 1860s. Did anyone who refused to submit to Washington automatically forfeit his right to live? The desolation from the war and the systemic looting in its aftermath (ironically labeled “Reconstruction”) helped keep the South economically prostrate for generations.

During the 1864 campaign, Custer was under the command of Gen. Phil Sheridan. Sheridan later became notorious for slaughtering Indians as a top commander out west. He is best known for telling an Indian chief in 1869: “The only good Indian is a dead Indian.” He apparently felt the same way about Southerners – or at least “secessionists” and their wives and children.

[ ... continued at link: http://jimbovard.com/blog/2014/06/25...-massacre-day/ ...]

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no terrorism like governmemt terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I don't celebrate anyone's massacre.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    There's no terrorism like governmemt terrorism.
    Ain't that the bloody truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.
    I came here to post McMaken, Dilorenzo, and Bovard as well, basically the same exact post!

The unit's commanding officer, Hal Moore, vividly recalls in his book We Were Soldiers Once… and Young that he was standing there with Plumley, looking at the piles of wounded and the untenable position they were in, and he was like, "Jesus Christ, it's Little Bighorn all over again!"

Plumely just looked at him, no emotion at all, and said, "Custer was a pussy. You ain't."