Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cochran Camp Estimates 35,000 democrats crossed over to aid them

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Cochran Camp Estimates 35,000 democrats crossed over to aid them

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The only fair response to these acts is for all the people who supported McDaniel to vote for the opponent most likely to beat Cochran in the general. What's good for the goose...

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The only fair response to these acts is for all the people who supported McDaniel to vote for the opponent most likely to beat Cochran in the general. What's good for the goose...
    That would be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That would be illegal.
    Nay, it is the intent at the time of the primary that matters. All McDaniel's voters originally intended to vote for the Republican in the general, to a person (which can't be said to be true of his opponent's voters).

That would be illegal.
    No, voting in a primary can not legally bind your vote in the General Election. Besides voting is private screw the establishment, let them think you voted for their dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Nay, it is the intent at the time of the primary that matters. All McDaniel's voters originally intended to vote for the Republican in the general, to a person (which can't be said to be true of his opponent's voters).
    Yes, I always vote 'republican' when I see Republican I use the small r definition.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This entire McDaniel fiasco reinforced my point about supporting Grimes over McDonnell. Burn it all down.

fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No, voting in a primary can not legally bind your vote in the General Election. Besides voting is private screw the establishment, let them think you voted for their dumbass.
    Well, I coulda sworn I saw a law about that posted yesterday. But I don't want to give em any ideas, next you know they will alter the law so that if you vote in the primary you can't vote in the general and your primary vote automatically converts to the general vote for the same party...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, I coulda sworn I saw a law about that posted yesterday.
    You probably did, but it is still not legally binding.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    That is one of the dirtiest $#@!ing things I've ever seen.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Yeah, no one should feel obliged to vote for a dirty, corrupt politician like Cochran. What are the options in the General?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Holy fking sht

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Holy fking sht
    And this most likely came from the NRSC. Chew on that.

http://www.beaufortobserver.net/Blog...primaries.html

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

BTW if this guy had any balls he would resign from the NRSC after what happened last night!

Sen. Ted Cruz, NRSC Vice Chairman for Grassroots Outreach

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beck is throwing a tantrum on his show this morning.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    Beck is throwing a tantrum on his show this morning.
    Betcha Mark Levine will have an aneurism on his show today. I might actually listen in today.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Cochran Camp Estimates 35,000 democrats crossed over to aid them
    Actually, there is nothing inherently wrong with voters in Open Primaries and General Elections "crossing over" Party lines.

On the other hand, if it's a closed Primary (or closed run-off), then it might be illegal.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Mississippi election rules seem to be pretty screwed up and ambiguous.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-25-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Just have to make sure all those votes were from people who actually voted properly.

If each of those 35k votes were actual people voting properly then this is just a wake up call for how future elections should be handled, especially in areas that have open primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Just have to make sure all those votes were from people who actually voted properly.

If each of those 35k votes were actual people voting properly then this is just a wake up call for how future elections should be handled, especially in areas that have open primaries.
    Even if all those votes are legitimate, resorting to this tactic to gain an decisive advantage over an intraparty opponent is the kind of thing that breaks coalitions. If this is not repudiated, it's game over for the GOP as an institution.

It makes no sense to have an open GOP run-off. It's specifically GOP. An Open Primary followed by a General Election with the top 2 makes sense, but not what they did in Mississippi. It seems that this system was set-up with the intent of this type of manipulation.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-25-2014 at 11:21 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even if all those votes are legitimate, resorting to this tactic to gain an decisive advantage over an intraparty opponent is the kind of thing that breaks coalitions. If this is not repudiated, it's game over for the GOP as an institution.
    Agreed. This could be the tipping point for a tsunami if the grassroots plays these cards right!

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/i...d-cochran-win/
    Keep in mind, though, that the pre-election polls had McDaniel ahead by around 8 points. It seems plausible that the reason they got the race wrong was because they were modeling an electorate that looked a lot more like the first round of the GOP primary instead of the runoff. That certainly makes sense given what I found. The analysis here suggests that Cochran may very well have won because he was able to get traditionally Democratic voters to cast their ballots for him.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It makes no sense to have an open GOP run-off. It's specifically GOP. An Open Primary followed by a General Election with the top 2 makes sense, but not what they did in Mississippi. It seems that this system was set-up with the intent of this type of manipulation.
    I Disagree. Who is paying for the runoff election? Should not all taxpayers have a say if they are having to pay for it?

One reason I prefer the caucus system where it is paid for by the private organizations.

It's one thing for the OTHER party to chide and coerce their followers to wreak havoc in their OPPONENTS primary (ie: Limbaugh in 2008).

It's a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME when the party begs the OTHER PARTY to keep them in power.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I Disagree. Who is paying for the runoff election? Should not all taxpayers have a say if they are having to pay for it?

One reason I prefer the caucus system where it is paid for by the private organizations.
    You have a point there, especially if it's just for a specific Party to have a run-off. The Party should sponsor (and pay for) their own run-off. But it's a bit of a separate issue. I can think of many other taxpayer funded things I'd like to have a vote on. Authorization of use of military force is just one.

It would be fair if all candidates were included in the run-off. In other words, the GOP, Democrats, Libertarians, etc should all be on the run-off ballot, and the top two can go to the General.

The Supreme Court ruled earlier this month that lying is not illegal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast