http://watchdogwire.com/colorado/201...rental-access/

. Mrs. Kiesecker commented, “First, CDE said that they do not share student’s personal identifying information, with name, birth date, address, SSN, then we found their policy and video on how they do share it. Now CDE tells us that we can’t see the data or who it has been shared with? It seems crazy to me that complete strangers and vendors can have access to my children’s data, but I cannot.”

Jefferson County parent Natalie Adams was given a similar response by CDE. After personal requests to both State Commissioner of Education Robert Hammond and his Special Assistant Elliot Asp, Adams was told there was no way to connect her with her kids’ data, so she could not get data from the state.

Said Adams, “The state collects personally identifiable information about my child, that it gathered from my district, then CDE strips the parent from the record, which now allows CDE to have complete control over my child’s information and what happens to it.”
And yet, if a parent kept information that the District wanted I'm sure they would have a signed order from a judge so fast it would make the parent's head spin. Clearly the servant-master roles have been allowed to be reversed.

XNN