Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck attacking Rand for not blaming Obama about Iraq

Thumbs down Glenn Beck attacking Rand for not blaming Obama about Iraq

hxxp://www.glennbeck.com/2014/06/23/huh-rand-paul-blames-iraq-war-supporters-not-obama-for-current-crisis/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He has no clue how stupid his disconnect makes him seem.

Wasn't he just telling democrats they were right on Iraq??
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Huh? Wasn't Beck just saying a few days ago that he was wrong about Iraq and that we shouldn't get any more involved there?

He's coming around.

For a long time, I thought Beck was just some media whore who just says what ever he needs for some ratings but now after stating he thought the "liberals were right about Iraq", I'm starting to think he's sick. He should be an advocate of medical marijuana. I hear medical marijuana can help with bipolar disorders.

Beck is right. It was a stupid thing to say. The architects of the Iraq War need to be blamed loud and clear, but absolving Obama from all blame entirely is wrong on the merits and disastrous in terms of politics. Obama chose to intervene in Egypt. Obama chose to intervene in Libya. And Obama chose to intervene in Syria. Obama is merely a continuation of Bush's foreign policy. It seems like ever since the Southern Avenger got the boot Rand has lost his ability to speak in a way that makes principled arguments without alienating the very people he needs to win the nomination. I wonder if there is any connection or if it is just a coincidence? If Rand had simply criticized first Bush and then Obama Beck would singing Rand's praises right now and there would be virtually no Conservative blow back. Don't understand why he chose to do it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Beck is right. It was a stupid thing to say. The architects of the Iraq War need to be blamed loud and clear, but absolving Obama from all blame entirely is wrong on the merits and disastrous in terms of politics. Obama chose to intervene in Egypt. Obama chose to intervene in Libya. And Obama chose to intervene in Syria. Obama is merely a continuation of Bush's foreign policy. It seems like ever since the Southern Avenger got the boot Rand has lost his ability to speak in a way that makes principled arguments without alienating the very people he needs to win the nomination. I wonder if there is any connection or if it is just a coincidence? If Rand had simply criticized first Bush and then Obama Beck would singing Rand's praises right now and there would be virtually no Conservative blow back. Don't understand why he chose to do it differently.
    Because it is not cliche at all for a GOP member to blame Obama. Kind of how the Dems always blamed Bush. Hell Rand Paul could go out tomorrow and blame Obama for cancer, alien crop circles and the extinction of the Do Do bird and the GOP faithful will say, "hell yeah!! I knew it!!" Remember the ridiculous obsession GOP members had about Obama's use of a teleprompter? A fking teleprompter lol! It's just a tool and somehow Fox news was able to turn that into a reason he wasn't a good president when there are about a million reasons why he isn't a good president.

Stop playing the Red team vs. Blue team game. It's getting old. If Bush and Cheney didn't invade Iraq, there would be NO mess in Iraq. Plain and simple.

He puts some of it on Obama in some interviews. They are mad that "because Obama" is not the first thing out of his mouth when asked about any crisis anywhere in the world. In the past Rand has said GOP are going to have a hard time winning elections if all they do is criticize.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He really needs to be more vocal about the failures of Obama. He probably just hates the fact that this is all people like Cheney's fault and wants America to know that. At the same time, a lot of it is Obama's fault as well.

Iraq was Bush's war. When it comes to Iraq, the only thing you can really criticize Obama for is not bringing the troops home more quickly than he did (which, he should be criticized for). Obama's foreign policy in other countries should be criticized though, as Rand has done, and the current situation in Iraq has a lot to do with Obama's policy actions in Syria and possibly Libya, which Rand did point out and both the liberal and neocon media chose to pretend he didn't say.

My only critique of Rand is he should have realized he was handing the media an easily-distortable soundbite. Then again, maybe that was a good thing because the result of that has been Rand vs. Dick Cheney plastered all over the news, and that is arguably a good thing.

Obama did supply weapons being used against Iraqis by supplying Syrian rebels.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Piss on Glenn Beck. He's the worst establishment shill of them all as far as I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Because it is not cliche at all for a GOP member to blame Obama. Kind of how the Dems always blamed Bush. Hell Rand Paul could go out tomorrow and blame Obama for cancer, alien crop circles and the extinction of the Do Do bird and the GOP faithful will say, "hell yeah!! I knew it!!" Remember the ridiculous obsession GOP members had about Obama's use of a teleprompter? A fking teleprompter lol! It's just a tool and somehow Fox news was able to turn that into a reason he wasn't a good president when there are about a million reasons why he isn't a good president.

Stop playing the Red team vs. Blue team game. It's getting old. If Bush and Cheney didn't invade Iraq, there would be NO mess in Iraq. Plain and simple.
    Yeah, there would be. Because Obama would create it. See, you are playing the red vs. blue game too. Go back to you saying that Obama was a continuation of Bush...
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, there would be. Because Obama would create it. See, you are playing the red vs. blue game too. Go back to you saying that Obama was a continuation of Bush...
    If he wanted to create it, why doesnt he just attack iraq now? Cheney would. Mccain would. Obama is a continuation of Bush but the Iraq mess still isn't his fault. You are a die hard Team Red so I doubt your mind can grasp that. Blame Obama for Syria? Sure! For Libya? Sure! for Yemen? Sure. For Iraq? Nope.

A large part of the mess is the treatment of the Sunnis in the north by the U.S. installed government, namely Maliki whom is a Shia. They were heavy handed and this is the blowback they are receiving for it. But hey at least you and McCain and the rest of the neo-cons are in agreement over this. THIS IS OBAMAS FAULT!!! He should have kept more troops back!! GO TEAM RED!!
    Last edited by twomp; 06-25-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Given how many times the Obama Administration has fumbled on the foreign policy front, Glenn wondered why Paul chose to defend the President.

“Do you not understand how the world works at all, Mr. President? Really,” Glenn asked. “I mean, and Rand Paul doesn’t think he’s responsible for anything? Rand, is this your first day at the bakery here? Is that your first day smelling a really bad cake? What the hell is wrong with you?”
    Glenn Beck has been so irrevocably wrong on foreign policy his opinion is along the lines of "Stu['s]" (his cheerleader who quite possibly is the most annoying semi-conservative personality around). Criticizing Ron Paul's foreign policy approach in one sentence and later adopting that same policy as his own. The man is a propagandist. He speaks now as if he has any ground to stand on after endorsing the worst of the worst, and what were his words regarding that endorsement, exactly?

Someone ought to drop Glenn Beck a pop quiz live on air. His expertise on anything less than demagoguery would be a joke to anyone even remotely following current affairs. That these people are respected in certain circles is laughable. To call Obama fumbling, yet being himself no doubt unable to describe US policy in Yemen, Somalia, Tunisia, Kenya, Ethiopia et al. absent cheap sound bites and "cake's" spastic exhortations is a disservice to radio.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    He really needs to be more vocal about the failures of Obama. He probably just hates the fact that this is all people like Cheney's fault and wants America to know that. At the same time, a lot of it is Obama's fault as well.
    The narrative pimped by certain propagandists with a stake to claim is that Obama's fault lies within the fact that he too hastily pulled troops out of Iraq.

That is ignoring of history for a promotion of a certain profitable and convenient dismissal of facts.

"We" are still in Iraq. The withdrawl of troops meant little. Mercenary forces trained within the United States in current aspects of torture, counterintelligence, and the retaining of the coup promoted de facto puppet governance are destined to be there for decades. The weapons procurement, rigged election, and no bid contracts to the tune of billions as well.

An "embassy" comparably as large as the Vatican. What might you figure it costs to deliver Whoopie Pies and other trivialities up a related Highway of Death? What were the profits on building it? What are the contracts on arms afforded to a government soon to be overthrown?

Simply another expensive piece to the hegemonic puzzle.

If one is to condemn Obama, condemn him for his war crimes. Does Glenn Beck promote a trial?

No.

Simply petty redirects when Beck himself is one of the most ignorant regarding foreign policy afforded a soap box.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Beck is right. It was a stupid thing to say.
    Beck is wrong. It was not a stupid thing to say. It was exactly and precisely correct.

The architects of the Iraq War need to be blamed loud and clear, [...]
    Yes, they do - and none of those "architects" were Obama.
    They were all Bushites (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Rove, etc.)

[...] but absolving Obama from all blame entirely is wrong on the merits and disastrous in terms of politics. Obama chose to intervene in Egypt. Obama chose to intervene in Libya. And Obama chose to intervene in Syria.
    How has Rand "absolved" Obama for "all blame" for Egypt, Libya, Syria?
    Indeed, when has he "absolved" Obama of any blame for those things?

I must have missed it ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    If he wanted to create it, why doesnt he just attack iraq now? Cheney would. Mccain would. Obama is a continuation of Bush but the Iraq mess still isn't his fault. You are a die hard Team Red so I doubt your mind can grasp that. Blame Obama for Syria? Sure! For Libya? Sure! for Yemen? Sure. For Iraq? Nope.

A large part of the mess is the treatment of the Sunnis in the north by the U.S. installed government, namely Maliki whom is a Shia. They were heavy handed and this is the blowback they are receiving for it. But hey at least you and McCain and the rest of the neo-cons are in agreement over this. THIS IS OBAMAS FAULT!!! He should have kept more troops back!! GO TEAM RED!!
    It's his fault for not getting out of there right after he was elected like he promised.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

In my view, this is a hit piece on Rand, shouldn't we move this out of his forum? Everyone should know by now that anything Beck is toxic.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

So Glenn Beck's weakness is is foreign policy? smh

Can someone please tell me how Obama is not to blame for what is going on in Iraq right now? His foreign policy of regime change and destabilization is causing all this problem we are seeing now. So yes, Obama is not to be blame for the Iraq war but he and his foreign policy team is responsible for everything going on in Iraq right now with regards to ISIS invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    In my view, this is a hit piece on Rand, shouldn't we move this out of his forum? Everyone should know by now that anything Beck is toxic.
    It is relevant to the forum, we should know were major media figures stand on Rand.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

lol!
    "Rand is soft on Obama"

Not like THIS guy:

(in Barry's defense, he is probably just caught in Christie's gravitational field)
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    He's coming around.
    ...and around.....and around.....and...

You spin me
    Ride round baby
    Ride round
    Like a record baby
    Round round
    Ride round
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He puts some of it on Obama in some interviews. They are mad that "because Obama" is not the first thing out of his mouth when asked about any crisis anywhere in the world. In the past Rand has said GOP are going to have a hard time winning elections if all they do is criticize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Obama did supply weapons being used against Iraqis by supplying Syrian rebels.
    All of that, cos he should have put more emphasis on the effects Obama's disastrous regime change campaign and support of revolutionaries in the ME. That is not playing red vs blue, its calling a spade a spade. The way its being reported, it just looks like what McCain does when he wants the MSM to see him as a maverick i.e. when he attacks his own party for no other reason than to garner attention

“Do you not understand how the world works at all, Mr. President? Really,” Glenn asked. “I mean, and Rand Paul doesn’t think he’s responsible for anything? Rand, is this your first day at the bakery here? Is that your first day smelling a really bad cake? What the hell is wrong with you?”
    Beckstabber strikes again...
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

It's hard to admit you're wrong when your entire career is staked on interventionist wars abroad. These guys would have to admit they've been dead wrong for an entire decade or more! It's a piece of reality they'd rather just avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    ...and around.....and around.....and...

You spin me
    Ride round baby
    Ride round
    Like a record baby
    Round round
    Ride round

That didn't jive with how I recalled the lyrics so I had to look it up.

You spin me right round, baby
    right round like a record, baby
    Right round round round
    You spin me right round, baby
    Right round like a record, baby
    Right round round round

http://www.metrolyrics.com/you-spin-...-or-alive.html
    http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/thewe...ikearecord.htm

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Can someone please tell me how Obama is not to blame for what is going on in Iraq right now? His foreign policy of regime change and destabilization is causing all this problem we are seeing now. So yes, Obama is not to be blame for the Iraq war but he and his foreign policy team is responsible for everything going on in Iraq right now with regards to ISIS invasion.
    Despite what John McCain tells you, the ISIS invasion isn't really an "invasion." The Shiites (Malaki and the Iraqi government) were heavy handed and mistreating the Sunni population who dominate the north. So when ISIS (Sunnis) took over then northern areas (Sunni towns). They were welcomed by the local population because they were standing up to the Iraqi government (Shiites). The Iraqi army recognizing that they couldn't fight ISIS AND the local population, tuck tail and ran off.

So please tell me, what you wanted Obama to do to stop that. Yes, he did arm the rebels in Syria, but that alone isn't enough to take over all of north western Iraq. If it was, why couldn't they do the same in Syria? The reason ISIS is more successful in Iraq than Syria is not because of weapons, it's because of the support of the Sunni population in the north. Despite what Glenn Beck and John McCain says. As someone earlier said, if Obama has any blame, it's that he didn't leave soon enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast