Thread: Ted Cruz: Attack ISIS in Iraq and Syria to protect Israel

Ted Cruz: Attack ISIS in Iraq and Syria to protect Israel

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am SOOOO glad he's taking a different stance than Rand on this!

If you talk to the average voter they do NOT want to send in troops.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

It is not our job to defend Israel, any more than it is our job to defend Iran.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-...gious-freedom/

Ha ha, his handler$ finally told him what to say, lol

Quote Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
    It is not our job to defend Israel, any more than it is our job to defend Iran.
    Iran is an Islamic republic, Israel is a Jewish state. It is our duty before God to protect His Chosen People. The US was founded on Judea-Christian values and we are forever bound to defend the Jewish people. We failed at that in WWII, we must never repeat that mistake. Never again, I say.

Israel is our most vital ally in the world, they are the only free democracy in the Middle East and are a beacon of liberty in a sea of tyranny. If Israel falls, the entire world will be overrun by Islamic radicals. Do you want to live under Sharia law? I sure don't!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Iran is an Islamic republic, Israel is a Jewish state. It is our duty before God to protect His Chosen People. The US was founded on Judea-Christian values and we are forever bound to defend the Jewish people. We failed at that in WWII, we must never repeat that mistake. Never again, I say.

Israel is our most vital ally in the world, they are the only free democracy in the Middle East and are a beacon of liberty in a sea of tyranny. If Israel falls, the entire world will be overrun by Islamic radicals. Do you want to live under Sharia law? I sure don't!
    We should have no allies. The modern nation of Israel has little to nothing in common with the Israel of the Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Please tell me that you are joking with this neocon bull$#@!.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Fearmongering 101

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Please tell me that you are joking with this neocon bull$#@!.
    This is Eduardo.... Does it matter?

Nobody takes him seriously anymore, Gunny did recently and I had to call him on it. It is what it is, he's mostly a harmless ol' chap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Always good to know who's our "leaders" really serve. I think Cruz might be dealing up for a presidential bid. Gotta pander to that rapture freak base.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Don't know what got you banned, but come back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Don't know what got you banned, but come back soon!
    I hope it's permanent this time.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I hope it's permanent this time.
    Aww, have a heart!

Okay. I'm no fan of Ted Cruz, but he in no way said in that clip what the thread title claims. He stated that our priorities should be to 1) safeguard Americans still on the ground. (About 2000) 2) Look at the possibility of "degrading the lethality" of a group who's stated aim is to "set up a caliphate" from which to "attack Jordan, Israel and the United States and 3) we shouldn't partner with Iran.

Well..not sure what he means by "degrading the lethality" of ISIS. That could mean an attack on ISIS in Iraq and Syria. It could also mean recognizing that, for our purposes, the civil war in Syria is over and Assad won and we will no longer give any aid to any rebel groups for fear of further (inadvertently?) helping ISIS. As for doing this "to help Israel", if ISIS is intent on attacking the U.S., does the fact that they also (supposedly) want to attack Israel mean that their hatred of the U.S. should be ignored?

Again, not a Ted Cruz fan.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. I'm no fan of Ted Cruz, but he in no way said in that clip what the thread title claims.
    You're right. I made the thread to counter handle compromise post of the same video with a bs title that made Cruz sound like a non-interventionist. A mod changed his blatant misinfo thread title but mine stayed the same. You had to be there I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    As for doing this "to help Israel", if ISIS is intent on attacking the U.S., does the fact that they also (supposedly) want to attack Israel mean that their hatred of the U.S. should be ignored?

Again, not a Ted Cruz fan.
    Lots of countries hate the U.S. We seem to ignore it just fine. Should we just go ahead and bomb everyone who says they hate us then?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You're right. I made the thread to counter handle compromise post of the same video with a bs title that made Cruz sound like a non-interventionist. A mod changed his blatant misinfo thread title but mine stayed the same. You had to be there I guess....
    Fair enough. The interview was not non-interventionist.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Lots of countries hate the U.S. We seem to ignore it just fine. Should we just go ahead and bomb everyone who says they hate us then?
    I didn't say bomb anyone. I merely pointed out that there is a difference between saying attack someone who has threatened the U.S. and Israel and saying attack someone to protect Israel. That said, the first thing we need to do to counter the ISIS threat is to quit funding the Syrian opposition.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Ralph Ted Cruz, when are you going to speak up for these Palestinian children?

Caught on camera: Palestinian children harrasing Israeli soldiers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-Jk2iJL0k
    Ummm....okay. Had to stop watching that 3 minutes in. I was getting to pissed at the Palestinians for the way they were using their children. Good God! At 2:30 in the little boy is pushed by some teenage girl into the Israeli soldiers. Sorry, but that's not the way to win sympathy for your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    Always good to know who's our "leaders" really serve. I think Cruz might be dealing up for a presidential bid. Gotta pander to that rapture freak base.
    Cruz did a short interview that aired on MTP. He was framed against a backdrop of a Reagan painting. Reagan's face was literally right next Cruz'. It was so obvious I laughed. No question he runs in 2016.

So was this objective achieved?

Related

Will Kerry, McCain, Rafael Ted Cruz succeed in selling Syria military intervention?

“We know Assad has used these weapons, and there is good reason to suspect the al Qaida-affiliated rebels would use them as well if they could get their hands on them. This poses an intolerable threat not only to our friends in the region, but also to the United States. We need to be developing a clear, practical plan to go in, locate the weapons, secure or destroy them, and then get out. The United States should be firmly in the lead to make sure the job is done right.”- Rafael Cruz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...83YwkLAp0#t=39

As it happens, MAGA currently has troops both in Syria and Iraq to fight ISIS.

Syria was bombed recently also.
    Trump is pulling out of Syria and there were troops in both places when he became POTUS.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump is pulling out of Syria and there were troops in both places when he became POTUS.
    That doesn't contradict what was stated.

But another point you missed is that the Senator in OP news is still in Senate and might be a hardcore puppet of Deep Neocons/Foreign Firster gloablist money bagging lobbies. Many peope may have forgotten due to fakenews media pushed makeups and coverups.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But they got to be easy over this right:

US troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, says Pentagon chief
    20 October 2019
    All US troops withdrawing from northern Syria are expected to be relocated to western Iraq, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed.
    Mr Esper told reporters that, under current plans, about 1,000 soldiers would be redeployed to help stop the resurgence of Islamic State (IS).
    bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50117765

Who would have thunk that a POTUS would be following AIPAC favored Ted Cruz's 2014 advice in 2019 still:

Ted Cruz: Attack ISIS in Iraq to protect Israel
    06-23-2014

But they got to be easy over this right:

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50117765

Who would have thunk that a POTUS would be following AIPAC favored Ted Cruz's 2014 advice in 2019 still:

Ted Cruz: Attack ISIS in Iraq to protect Israel
    06-23-2014
    Nope.

The troops are coming home:

The Iraqi government's efforts to expel what it increasingly considers an 'unauthorized' American occupation have just escalated dramatically, as Baghdad is now urging the United Nations to expel US troops from sovereign Iraqi territory.
    As we noted previously, Baghdad officials rejected a Pentagon plan to relocate some 1,000 US troops now exiting Syria to US bases in western Iraq, saying the additional troops had "no approval to stay".
    On Wednesday Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi announced he's taking “all international legal measures” over the entry of U.S. troops from neighboring Syria, again underscoring the Pentagon had no authorization for such a move, and that the troops are "not allowed" to remain in the country, but only "transition" on their way to other US bases in Kuwait and Qatar.

“We have (already) issued an official statement saying that and are taking all international legal measures. We ask the international community and the United Nations to perform their roles in this matter,” Abdul Mahdi’ said.
    He said that any American forces coming from Syria have four weeks to leave Iraq, as reported by the AP.

The firm 'red line' assertion came immediately after the prime minister met with US Defense Secretary Mark Esper, who arrived earlier in the day on an unannounced visit, apparently to negotiate a compromise.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...forces-country

American forces coming from Syria have four weeks to leave Iraq

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

U.S. will leave up to 600 troops in northeastern Syria to prevent ISIS resurgence

Related

Israeli forces kill another young Palestinian man ‘for no reason’ in Hebron refugee camp

Yumna Patel on November 11, 2019
    Mourners surround al-Badawi's body at his home in al-Arroub on Monday, November 11, 2019 (Photo: Mosab Shawer/APA Images)

Israeli forces shot and killed a young Palestinian man outside his home today in the al-Arroub refugee camp in the southern occupied West Bank district of Hebron.

Omar al-Badawi, reported to be 22-years-old, was shot in the abdomen near the front steps of his home in the camp during protests commemorating the death of revered Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
    Eyewitness reports said that al-Badawi was exiting his home in an attempt to put out a small fire that had started nearby as a result of clashes between Israeli forces and local protesters.

A video, published by Quds News Network, shows al-Badawi slowly exiting an alleyway next to his home and waving a white towel — seemingly to indicate to soldiers that he meant no harm.

But just as he approached the street, a shot is fired and al-Badawi falls to the ground in front of several journalists who had been recording the clashes.

Screams can be heard coming from al-Badawi’s house, while al-Badawi rolls around on the ground gripping his abdomen, covered in blood.
    The video ends just after journalists and bystanders load al-Badawi into a civilian vehicle. Reports indicated that he was transported to a Hebron hospital where he succumbed to his wounds.

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/11/israe...-refugee-camp/

UN publishes database of companies profiting off human rights abuses – not on Israel, but Myanmar

Allard de Rooi on November 7, 2019

Israeli settlement near the Palestinian village of Al Maasarah, just south of the West Bank town of Bethlehem on February 19, 2011. (Photo: Najeh Hashlamoun/APA Images)

In March 2016 the United Nations Human Rights Council mandated a database of companies profiting from Israel’s settlements. Originally due in 2017, its publication remains in limbo as the release was delayed several times. Conversely, a similar database on Myanmar was ordered in September 2018 and completed a year later.
    During the last session of the HRC in September the 110-page report “The economic interests of the Myanmar military” was released. It was researched and written by an independent international fact-finding mission to Myanmar. The document follows a September 2018 report on human rights violations and abuses by the Myanmar military, commissioned by the HRC in 2017.

The new report lays bare the “business model” or economic infrastructure that enables the Myanmar military to commit human rights violations and abuses. It contains a practical 40-page database, listing all companies fostering direct and indirect business ties with the military. Companies involved in this model – mostly Asian, also European, some others – are named in full; their activities and ties to the military are described in detail. Incidentally, two Israeli firms are mentioned.

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/11/un-pu...l-but-myanmar/