Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I am building a wood fired (pizza) oven.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Quitcherbellyachin!

You'd only eat one piece and fill up on wine anyway........
    That's true, I would but I'm ready for a pizza party, damnit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'll bring some of the last batch of sausage I made, it kicks ass!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Donnay will have to chaperone AF or there's no tellin' what he'll show up with.......

Donnay will have to chaperone AF or there's no tellin' what he'll show up with.......
    I would be so disappointed if he didn't come like this...

I'm far more worried about some of his friends from Wal-Mart.........

The Empire State building was built in just a little over one year. I guess the Dutch are slow.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Coming up.

Tell us your secrets.

I'm far more worried about some of his friends from Wal-Mart.........
    They won't get past security.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The Empire State building was built in just a little over one year.
    You didn't build that.

I guess the Dutch are slow.
    Nope, just tall and handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Another one?
    Obviously.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Tell us your secrets.
    Deer, pork, fennel seed fresh garlic and stuff..

They won't get past security.
    Better to just build a narrow gate......

I'd probably be refused entry by "security"....

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deer, pork, fennel seed fresh garlic and stuff..
    So a bit like a bolognese sauce ?

Better to just build a narrow gate......

I'd probably be refused entry by "security"....
    Anybody wider than 3ft isn't coming in.

But you surely would get in, I've got good security.
    "I am a bird"

So a bit like a bolognese sauce ?
    No I season and grind raw meat.......

No I season and grind raw meat.......
    I think I'm getting blind, I swear I read sauce....

But lol sausage makes a whole lot more sense as you were talking about that earlier this week.
    "I am a bird"

I think I'm getting blind, I swear I read sauce....

But lol sausage makes a whole lot more sense as you were talking about that earlier this week.
    Just took 3# out of the freezer, son's got a friend over and we're having extra sausage pizza in a conventional oven tonight...

Just took 3# out of the freezer, son's got a friend over and we're having extra sausage pizza in a conventional oven tonight...
    3# of sausage on a pizza? Take muh money!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    3# of sausage on a pizza? Take muh money!
    2 pizzas.............

Summer kicked in today... We're having a long holiday weekend here. First we had the war memorial day on may 4th to remember those who have fallen four our freedoms here. Which includes you, your fathers and grandfathers who kicked Nazi ass. Then the day after is sort of our 4th of July, most people just like to party. I helped out a friend building something. Then today I cut a bunch of bricks, they are drying now.. Thanks nice weather. I don't know how much time I have over the weekend since It's likely I'll be imitating birds.
    "I am a bird"

Italian chefs planning to break world record for longest margherita pizza

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...a/?intcmp=hpff

They’re gonna need a bigger stove.

In fact, chefs in Naples will use five wood-burning stoves- on-wheels to bake a 1.2-mile pizza this month – the world’s longest margherita pie.

The current record-holder was a mile-long version of the Neapolitan classic, which was baked last year during Milan’s food-themed Expo, The Local reported.

“It’s absolutely a point of pride for our city, which is the home of pizza,” Alessandro Marinacci from Naples’ Pizza Village, which is organizing the attempt along with flour producer Caputo, told the site.

On May 15, hundreds of pizza makers from around the world will be rolling in dough for 11 hours to bake a 16-inch wide, 1.2-mile long pie along the city’s waterfront.

The ingredients will include 2 tons of flour, 2 tons of mozzarella, 3,300 pounds of tomato sauce, 6,800 ounces of oil and 66 pounds of fresh basil.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Italian chefs planning to break world record for longest margherita pizza

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...a/?intcmp=hpff

They’re gonna need a bigger stove.

In fact, chefs in Naples will use five wood-burning stoves- on-wheels to bake a 1.2-mile pizza this month – the world’s longest margherita pie.

The current record-holder was a mile-long version of the Neapolitan classic, which was baked last year during Milan’s food-themed Expo, The Local reported.

“It’s absolutely a point of pride for our city, which is the home of pizza,” Alessandro Marinacci from Naples’ Pizza Village, which is organizing the attempt along with flour producer Caputo, told the site.

On May 15, hundreds of pizza makers from around the world will be rolling in dough for 11 hours to bake a 16-inch wide, 1.2-mile long pie along the city’s waterfront.

The ingredients will include 2 tons of flour, 2 tons of mozzarella, 3,300 pounds of tomato sauce, 6,800 ounces of oil and 66 pounds of fresh basil.
    Italians are awesome. They know how to have a dinner party...
    "I am a bird"

Italians are awesome. They know how to have a dinner party...
    Gotta wonder how many barrels of wine-n-beer it'll take to wash down 1.2 miles of pizza..........

Gotta wonder how many barrels of wine-n-beer it'll take to wash down 1.2 miles of pizza..........
    I don't think they worry about that as long as they have enough .
    "I am a bird"

So, the most difficult part is done.

Looks neat enough imo. Sounds like solid ceramic when I tap it.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-11-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Thought I might start working on the chimney/oven entrance area. This is a pretty damn easy part, as everything is straight for a change. Yay.

The chimney consists of two arches from left to right, 8cm wide, 16cm of empty space in between for the smoke to rise upwards. These are going to be shallower arches. Approximately the sketched line on the oven entrance.

Some of that glass/fiber tape stuff in between the chimney and dome. I tapped the bricks solidly against the tape so it's tight but there's room for a bit of movement without cracks forming. I hope.

On top of this will be some fancy cuts. It will be great. So much winning. I mean, so much pizza.

http://s32.postimg.org/ezp8qlypg/IMG_3460.jpg
    "I am a bird"

I wonder which will be finished first. Your pizza oven project, or the European Union.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I wonder which will be finished first. Your pizza oven project, or the European Union.
    I sure hope it's the EU but I'm very much afraid that it will be my oven that's finished first.
    "I am a bird"

So, the most difficult part is done.

Looks neat enough imo. Sounds like solid ceramic when I tap it.
    Looks like an igloo. Just kidding, it looks awesome. Great job, luc!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently there's some kind of holiday going on today because the stores normally opened on Sundays are closed. Therefore I was unfortunately not able to get a piece of plywood to make the mould from for these arches. (w=490mm h=100mm r=350mm)

Anyways, it's probably more clear now what the chimney is going to look like, if not, wait some more.

Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-15-2016 at 11:55 AM.
    "I am a bird"

I once gave a gal a Dutch oven, she wasn't very appreciative.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I once gave a gal a Dutch oven, she wasn't very appreciative.
    She called the EPA on your ass?
    "I am a bird"

I was given a scrap piece of stainless steel, cut some notches in it. In theory it should help keep some more heat in the oven floor, who knows if it works. Maybe it's like that cloud-elevator thing or maybe not. We'll see, I think it looks cool anyways.

"I am a bird"

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast