Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: I am building a wood fired (pizza) oven.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Correct. It is already giving me a headache.

And the thing is covered with a heating cable inside. One of those things used in terrariums.
    You could make Danke happy and cover it with Dutch bimbos...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You could make Danke happy and cover it with Dutch bimbos...
    It would make me happier as well. But I'm afraid Danke has to get his happy ending somewhere else.
    "I am a bird"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would make me happier as well. But I'm afraid Danke has to get his happy ending somewhere else.
    Most bimbos aren't watertight....

Most bimbos aren't watertight....
    No but they are replaceable.
    "I am a bird"

No but they are replaceable.
    Your brickwork isn't though, better to follow Bill Clinton's lead and keep your bimbos under the desk instead of over the pizza oven..

Your brickwork isn't though, better to follow Bill Clinton's lead and keep your bimbos under the desk instead of over the pizza oven..
    Yup, but that's taken care of.
    "I am a bird"

Yup, but that's taken care of.
    Bricks are in the dry for winter?

You know you could use bimbo cheeks for your tile pattern.....Living/organic mould(s)...

You'd have a one of a kind pizza oven cover.

Bricks are in the dry for winter?

You know you could use bimbo cheeks for your tile pattern.....Living/organic mould(s)...

You'd have a one of a kind pizza oven cover.
    lol
    "I am a bird"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Forgot to post this one... But here it is.
    Well, I can't give you any more rep for now.
    But, congrats. This looks great and I hope it serves many, many pizzas and other foods and things.

Now, we can all do a super secret illuminati dance around the pentagon shape and christen it with a sacrifice.

A sacrifice of pizza.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

First fire pics?

aummmmmmmm

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Thanks everyone

First fire pics?
    I need a chimney first.
    "I am a bird"

Thanks everyone

I need a chimney first.
    Excuses!

Excuses!
    Yeah, I know... The polycarbonate sheets on top of the roof were not my choice however.... If it were anything else, it would be easy to waterproof. This stuff sucks however. I am kind of done with this stuff. Everything I made works. Everything I still have to make is kind of $#@!ed up because of a lack of space because of a contractor who said he'd take that into account but apparently didn't. Turns out that if you want stuff done well, you have to do it yourself. (and this is the first $#@!ing oven I built lol)
    "I am a bird"

It has been my dream to have a wood fired oven at home, pizza taste way better when cooked in a wood fired oven

My electric pizza oven still going strong.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ighlight=Pizza
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, there u are..

Yes my oven still is not finished.......... It is very close however.
    I hardly have time to work on it, I could pay someone to finish it but nah. I want to do it myself.

I did get all the remaining bricks I need (last week)... So from now on I can spend some hours on it in the weekends. It's just normal brickwork left, no more firebrick domes :P.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I had pizza last night . I think it came from the electric oven in the kitchen , Mrs O brought it to my leather chair like she is supposed to . She must want something .

06-22-2014, 07:16 AM
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    06-22-2014, 07:16 AM
    Yes, yes, it has taken long to get this far and it's not done yet.
    I'm satisfied, that's all I care about really. Nobody is paying me to do this, unfortunately.
    "I am a bird"

Mohammed Is Most Popular Name For Newborn Boys In Holland For 2nd Year Straight

too many projects for natives to make babies

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-year-straight
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Mohammed Is Most Popular Name For Newborn Boys In Holland For 2nd Year Straight

too many projects for natives to make babies

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-year-straight
    Do Buddhist's all name the kids Buddha ?

loveshiscountry

By working on this project his countrys GDP has gone up. Granted nothing has been produced. Well, except for GDP.....

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's almost been 4 years, I was just wondering how the pizza oven is coming along.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's almost been 4 years, I was just wondering how the pizza oven is coming along.
    I made a fire in it quite recently. Works great.
    "I am a bird"

I made a fire in it quite recently. Works great.
    Did you stick a pizza in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Did you stick a pizza in there?
    No. Unfortunately I still need a solution for the chimney. I could pay someone to do it for me (as I have no time), but since I haven't found a good solution yet, I doubt I'll be happy with whatever that person would come up with nor the bill. The problem is these stupid polycarbonate sheets on the roof above. If they were flat I could use clamping force and lots of caulking stuff to make it waterproof, however, this stuff has ribs in it. The only way it can work decently is with a lot of custom made lead and stainless gutter that's made around the chimney(too small for any kind of normal stuff, has to be custom welded stainless). Bear in mind, I originally specified to the contractor who built this exactly what kind of chimney would go there, and where, but he put a beam in the way of my gutter.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-28-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast