Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: I am building a wood fired (pizza) oven.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What's on it, who made it, you know the drill.

Now that I'm thinking about it we are missing @heavenlyboy34 in here...
    I got your signal. What do you ask of me, comrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "We?" Speak for yourself.
    You always miss me. I know it. ~hugs~
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I got your signal. What do you ask of me, comrade?
    You always seem to have a positive influence on Danke... So I ask of you nothing...
    I was hoping the natural way the universe works would be good enough. No major central planning went into that previous post.

Just know that if I'm president I'll nominate you to be minister of hugs.
    "I am a bird"

Took the form out, didn't collapse, yay. The refractory mortar isn't dry yet. I filled in some of the empty parts from the bottom and cleaned up a bit.

That's what it looks like from the inside. Don't think I'm going to make it to 17 pics though.

Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-20-2016 at 05:10 AM.
    "I am a bird"

Hot damn that looks sharp!

Italian chefs set new Guinness World Record with pizza over a mile long

Italy may not have the world’s best pizza but it can now officially say it has the longest.

On Wednesday, 100 chefs gathered in Naples, Italy to create a pizza stretching over 6,082 feet—that’s 1.15 miles long. Guinness World Records has officially proclaimed it as the longest pizza ever made.

Related Image

werwer3455dsf353543.jpgExpand / Contract
    The pizza, which stretches over a mile long, can't even be viewed in its entirety. (Guinness World Records)
    It took the pizza masters 11 hours to create the pie from over 4,400 pounds of flour, 3,300 pounds of tomato sauce, 200 liters of olive oil and 4,400 pounds of cheese.

Once the portions were assembled, the Neopolitan style pie was cooked using five specially-made portable wood fire ovens.

Impressive aerial footage showcases the pizza in all of its glory as it stretches along the seafront harbor.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...ver-mile-long/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You always seem to have a positive influence on Danke... So I ask of you nothing...
    I was hoping the natural way the universe works would be good enough. No major central planning went into that previous post.

Just know that if I'm president I'll nominate you to be minister of hugs
    Cool gig! What's the pay?

Cool gig! What's the pay?
    Unlimited pizza I think.
    "I am a bird"

So I made the second arch today. For some reason the mortar stuff works ok with wet/moist stones when it's warmer. I don't know how that works but I'm not complaining. (I'd have figured that it would dry more slowly since there has been a lot of rain and were about to get some thunderstorms so the air is very moist and this is air-drying stuff. Water soluble until you fire it. Which is why I don't want ANY water to get on it, the stuff simply becomes as soft as it was before. Which is why I don't worry about getting anything on my tools, it simply washes off.)

This is the start of the smoke channel, the distance between the arches will remain the same all the way up, the width will slowly decrease, in a nice arc so the smoke will hopefully flow smoothly upwards.

And yes, I have figured out that I'm going to have to lay inside of it completely to do the last bit on the inside of the dome... So be it, I've measured my shoulder width and I should barely fit through if I squeeze myself a little. Once inside I've got room to work.

If I don't fit for some reason, I'm going to have to find someone that does fit and is willing to crawl into the oven for me, it will probably be some kind of nephew or something... I hope I fit myself though.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-22-2016 at 06:45 AM.
    "I am a bird"

I want pizza. I may have to drive in town and pick up some Nancy's - best pizza in Atlanta. I don't get the Chicago style, I like the rustic crust.

http://www.nancyspizza.com/menu.html
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Somehow I'm going to get to 17 pics.... Almost looks like a pizza oven.
    "I am a bird"

Unlimited pizza I think.
    Make it unlimited meals from Carlos O'Brien's or Black Angus Steakhouse and it's a deal. ~hugs~

Make it unlimited meals from Carlos O'Brien's or Black Angus Steakhouse and it's a deal. ~hugs~
    Ok, well, you get me elected president, then I'll get you unlimited food from there. Deal.
    "I am a bird"

This is the part where a bunch of weird cuts go in to make the chimney and preferably make it nice and strong.

It's much harder to make odd cuts like this since saws generally aren't made to do this kind of thing. So I tilted my brick, cut into it as far as I could and cleaned it up with a handheld grinder.

BTW, I have a little under 100 bricks left, I hope it's enough!
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-24-2016 at 04:32 AM.
    "I am a bird"

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll keep spamming those pics..

At this height in the chimney some kind of stainless steel rod will be placed from which stuff can be suspended to be smoked or whatever. It will be a removable thing, how, not yet entirely sure. I was thinking of using Pythagoras to rotate it into place with a little notch or something it can fall into.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-24-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Ok well, that's done. Enough pics for now.

Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-25-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Time to wrap this up. Or I'm gonna have to close this thread soon.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Please leave it open until we see a pizza.

This is MY safe-space. Take your complaints to yours.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Please leave it open until we see a pizza.
    Just one !? What if it's not perfect ?! Then it will seem like all the effort was for nothing !?
    "I am a bird"

Just one !? What if it's not perfect ?! Then it will seem like all the effort was for nothing !?
    You have a good point. Let's leave it open until luc bakes the perfect pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Let's leave it open until luc bakes the perfect pie.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...03#post6206903
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hah, I my shaping disc ran out of diamonds.. I was wondering when that would happen. The only thing it does now is give lots of sparks, which is fun too but not very useful.

Delays, delays... But you guys aren't paying me enough to do this fast.
    "I am a bird"

Hah, I my shaping disc ran out of diamonds.. I was wondering when that would happen. The only thing it does now is give lots of sparks, which is fun too but not very useful.

Delays, delays... But you guys aren't paying me enough to do this fast.
    I'll pay you to stop posting about your pizza oven project.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I'll pay you to stop posting about your pizza oven project.
    I am a pragmatic individual, how much is your starting bid ? I'd say, start bidding at around 100k, then I could buy a toy that would assure you I would never post here again.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 06-03-2016 at 06:40 AM.
    "I am a bird"

I am a pragmatic individual, how much is your starting bid ? I'd say, start bidding at around 100k, then I could buy a toy that would assure you I would never post here again.
    Done, where do you want your 100k of Zimbabwe banknotes sent?

How about some Stroopwafels? I got a s**t load of those I like to unload, along with some tulips.
    Last edited by Danke; 06-03-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Done, where do you want your 100k of Zimbabwe banknotes sent?
    Wrong currency. I can only spend Euro's here so it would obviously be 100k Euro. Doh.
    "I am a bird"

Wrong currency. I can only spend Euro's here so it would obviously be 100k Euro. Doh.
    That's not even Real money, that's funny money.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That's not even Real money, that's funny money.
    Well, bad luck for you... Got a new disk. It was only 10$. Which worries me a bit when were talking quality... It seems however that there are plenty of diamonds in it so we will see.
    "I am a bird"

Well, bad luck for you... Got a new disk. It was only 10$. Which worries me a bit when were talking quality... It seems however that there are plenty of diamonds in it so we will see.
    It seems my worries where wholly misplaced. It is a great disc.
    "I am a bird"

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast