Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: I am building a wood fired (pizza) oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's almost been 4 years, I was just wondering how the pizza oven is coming along.

Give him time.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Give him time.
    At least you understand.
    "I am a bird"

It's almost been 4 years, I was just wondering how the pizza oven is coming along.
    If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months.
    "man?"

He's Dutch. Don't make Germans laugh.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Yeah I know, unfortunately my time has become too valuable.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Yeah I know, unfortunately my time has become too valuable.
    Au contraire!

All the time all these people put into egging you on is at least equally valuable and we want some $#@!ing results....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Au contraire!

All the time all these people put into egging you on is at least equally valuable and we want some $#@!ing results....
    Well, if any of you are coming over, just to eat pizza... Then I'll probably feel obligated to finish it.
    "I am a bird"

It's still not done?!?!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"man?"

He's Dutch. Don't make Germans laugh.
    Why do Germans refer to themselves as Dutch?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Why do Germans refer to themselves as Dutch?
    Germans refer to themselves as Deutshes. (pronounced "douches")

jk
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had pizza last night . It was a thick crust though and the crust sucked . I ate two pc.'s anyway .
    Do something Danke

Not all scientific research takes place in labs. Just ask food anthropologist Sergio Grasso and physicists Andrey Varlamov and Andreas Glatz, who had the tough job of sampling Margherita pizzas across Rome in the lead up to their paper, "The Physics of Baking Good Pizza." The pizzaiolos of Italy have the process down pat, relying on curved brick ovens heated to 625 degrees Fahrenheit to perfectly bake the pie of tomato, mozzarella, and basil on all sides in two minutes, the authors found. They also learned duplicating this process in your standard electric oven would turn a pizza to "coal" since metal conducts heat much better than brick, reports Live Science. There is a solution, however.

Per Particle, the authors developed a mathematical formula to show how a pizza could be baked to near-perfection in an electric oven. They recommend baking a pie at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 170 seconds, or slightly longer if the chosen toppings have a high water content "as the pizza will return more heat to the oven via evaporation," per Live Science. Broiling the top at this point would work, too, per Reader's Digest. While you may not get the even cook of a brick oven—if necessary, pizzaiolos lift the pizza base from the oven while allowing the toppings to continue cooking with radiant heat for about 30 seconds—the pie should be similar to Rome's pizza, the authors say
    http://www.newser.com/story/266898/s...a-at-home.html
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I was thinking about pizza tonight , but , Nah going to go with fried shrimp and onion rings .
    Do something Danke

I had leftover pizza for lunch from my pizza warmer .
    Do something Danke

I think @Danke should do something about this, if he managed to build a pizza oven first it might shame the OP into finishing the project.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think @Danke should do something about this, if he managed to build a pizza oven first it might shame the OP into finishing the project.
    Did.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did.
    A wood fired one not an electric one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would eat a pc of pizza but I have no frozen pizza . Maybe Danke will loan me one . All I have are twenties and I cannot make change .
    Do something Danke

I skipped breakfast today to go to the white kings wicked moneychanger to pay property tax , I could go for some pizza .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I skipped breakfast today to go to the white kings wicked moneychanger to pay property tax , I could go for some pizza .
    @Danke has a pizza oven and he can fly, I think he should bring you a pizza by airmail.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

People eating grasshoppers are worried about where they're sourced?

Grasshoppers on pizza? New menu item at Las Vegas pizzeria is taking the world by swarm

LAS VEGAS – In the kitchen of a Las Vegas pizzeria, there’s a new ingredient landing atop New York-style slices.

And you might call it chicken of the desert: grasshoppers.

“The Canyon Hopper” pizza at Evel Pie hit the menu this week after a biblical-level migration of pallid-winged grasshoppers swarmed Sin City’s neon lights and sidewalks – an invasion so thick it looked like a storm on weather radar.

"It's hit the world by swarm," Branden Powers, Evel Pie's managing partner and creator, told the USA TODAY Network.

If you stop into the parlor at 508 Fremont St. in downtown Las Vegas, a slice will cost $5.50. But supplies are selling out fast.

Where did the grasshopper toppings come from?

“Everybody’s worried we’re taking a shovel outside,” Powers said.

He actually ordered them on Amazon Prime. They arrived in bags from Oaxaca, a Mexican city known for grasshoppers – or “chapulines.”

The endeavor started with a few 4-ounce bags of bugs. But soon after the Canyon Hopper hit the menu, the kitchen ran out of grasshoppers.

“We had to scramble and go all around the city. Went to Ethiopian markets, Thai markets,” Powers said. “Eighty percent of the planet eats insects, except us. We eat a couple pounds a year, and we don’t know it.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rm/1909124001/

He actually ordered them on Amazon Prime. They arrived in bags from Oaxaca, a Mexican city known for grasshoppers – or “chapulines.”
    Hey, I think that's where Bob Higgs lives now.

In June 2016, I requested a recipe for an easy thin crust dough recipe. OP was gracious enough to share with me. We made it the other day. It is truly best after a few days of resting. It was absolutely fantastic! Here it is:

1000grams flour ('pastry flour', in the US. Not all purpose flour)
    650grams/ml water, cool/not cold but certainly not warm!
    20grams salt
    A little bit of yeast, you don't need much. Couple grams. As little as 5g/kg of flour is fine.

First mix all of the water with about 1/3 of the flour and the yeast. Mix it a bit, let it stand for 15-20mins. Nice bubbles should form. Add the rest of the flour and use a spoon or something to mix it until it's less sticky. Then you knead it by hand until it's a ball. Add the salt to your workspace and further knead the dough while incorporating the salt. It should 'sweat' a bit or feel as if it's becoming more moist after you add the salt, then it should turn into an elastic dough. Once it's elastic and smooth enough. You let it rest. I've got a granite counter-top so I simply leave it on there with a damp towel on top.

Then after about an hour, you divide the dough into individual dough balls. I generally make 6 small pizzas out of this recipe or 4 larger ones. Now you could use the dough after resting it for about another hour. I prefer to make the dough in advance and then put my dough-balls on a plastic cutting-board with a moist towel/cloth on top of it in the fridge for 24hrs. This really develops the taste in the dough.

Never add oil, never add sugar. There's no need for it. Oil will make it more biscuit like.

Keep it simple and let it rest. It tastes best on day 3. It starts to become something like a sourdough.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Alabama

I was thinking about pizza tonight , but , Nah going to go with fried shrimp and onion rings .
    How about pizza with shrimps and onion rings?

I had pizza last night . It was a thick crust though and the crust sucked . I ate two pc.'s anyway .
    Nice. I guess I can eat two pizzas at time too. By the way, what pizza did you have? I think the crust could be a bit raw and the issue could be with oven. Check this article, some ovens can heat up just for 3750 F max which may be not enough for some recipes.
    Last edited by Dundelionn; 04-10-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast