Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: I am building a wood fired (pizza) oven.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    It seems my worries where wholly misplaced. It is a great disc.
    Can't tell, you've failed to post pictures again....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yeah I know. My camera is acting up. The one in my phone broke. I don't feel like taking a laptop and trying to make pics with that.
    "I am a bird"

Here you have some pics.

50 degrees incline now..

The arch is now covered. Some slight funny business going on to the left but I hope to correct that dip this course.

Some funny business around the arch as well which I corrected 'neatly' since I didn't want to take anything apart to do it again. It's enough work already.
    "I am a bird"

Your pics worked and your oven is beautiful. Nice job!!!

Here you have some pics.

50 degrees incline now..

The arch is now covered. Some slight funny business going on to the left but I hope to correct that dip this course.

Some funny business around the arch as well which I corrected 'neatly' since I didn't want to take anything apart to do it again. It's enough work already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Your pics worked and your oven is beautiful. Nice job!!!
    Thanks, now the 11th course is going to be interesting. Right now I have 36 bricks in a diameter but I really don't want to cut that many small ones. So I'm going to reduce the number to 24 (or so) by using wider bricks again that overlap an entire brick below. Taking out 1/3 of the number of bricks. I suspect they will get smaller again pretty quickly so I can reduce the number again.
    "I am a bird"

I took out the floor, oh noez .

I didn't like how these bricks, even though they are made for this, are slightly coarse. So I've ordered chamotte tiles which are for industrial baking ovens so much more durable. I already have one in my regular oven and that won't wear out in years/decades. I was afraid little bits and pieces would slowly come off the regular bricks and not that it matters for the oven floor but my teeth don't like that.

But damn!. Took 10 minutes to take everything out... Right now I'm raising the floor by 3/4" because those tiles are less than 2"... And I want to have a little over 2" floor thickness. It takes longer to put back in.

I'm getting hungry for pizza again so I might as well finish the thing now.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 07-22-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    "I am a bird"

Pictures?
    Pizza?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

April 7, 2014, soon after the demolition of the Metrodome, pit dig, and start of construction
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The stadium was substantially completed six weeks before the ribbon-cutting ceremony, which was held on July 22, 2016.

Last edited by Danke; 07-22-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The stadium was substantially completed six weeks before the ribbon-cutting ceremony, which was held on July 22, 2016.

Ugly as hell.

Wheres muh money Danke ?
    "I am a bird"

Ugly as hell.

Wheres muh money Danke ?
    That was only if you stopped posting in this thread.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Ugly as hell.

Wheres muh money Danke ?
    No kidding...looks like:

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No kidding...looks like:

it is supposed to be modeled after a Viking ship.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

it is supposed to be modeled after a Viking ship.
    Jawas were Vikings?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

We were talking about pizza tonight. The boys want me to take them to Nancy's before the UFC fight Saturday night. We got tickets - Yay, I guess. I don't care about it but I don't want them driving downtown that late at night.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We were talking about pizza tonight. The boys want me to take them to Nancy's before the UFC fight Saturday night. We got tickets - Yay, I guess. I don't care about it but I don't want them driving downtown that late at night.
    Just think, in a few more years you might just be able to travel to Holland, and eat fresh pizza from a homemade oven.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Danke needs a wood fired oven attached to the kitchen , extra heat in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke needs a wood fired oven attached to the kitchen , extra heat in winter.
    And a squaw to fetch the wood. Or should I say, "pick some up."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

And a squaw to fetch the wood. Or "pick some up."
    Good idea .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good idea .
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Just think, in a few more years you might just be able to travel to Holland, and eat fresh pizza from a homemade oven.
    I've already planed to get shipwrecked there once the oven's finished. Luc said I could crash at his place.

"I am a bird"

^^^^Beautiful work!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^Beautiful work!!!
    4 bricks since the last photo........

4 bricks since the last photo........
    It's been raining.

It's been raining.
    It'll be snowing soon.......

"I am a bird"

It'll be snowing soon.......
    Nah, global warming.
    "I am a bird"

Nah, global warming.
    At this rate you'll be under water.....

Actually it's lookin' good.