Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on State of the Union w/ Candy Crowley 6/22/14

[Video] Rand Paul on State of the Union w/ Candy Crowley 6/22/14

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3LISn3hGQ

--

Last edited by jct74; 06-22-2014 at 01:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Setting my DVR for this one.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

replays at noon ET if anyone missed it

Nah, i will just wait for the tube.

Bump

Video at link...

Paul: 'I'm not willing to send my son' into Iraq

Washington (CNN) - One U.S. lawmaker firmly believes the United States should keep its sons and daughters out of Iraq's increasingly tangled and bloody conflict.

"I'm not willing to send my son into that mess," Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, told CNN chief political correspondent Candy Crowley on Sunday.

Appearing on "State of the Union," Paul acknowledged that while the chaos in Iraq intensifies by the day, he believes advances by jihadist Sunni militants on Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's Shiite government forces do not pose an immediate threat to U.S. national security. Though he refused to rule out some kind of U.S. assistance, Paul said absent that threat, President Barack Obama's administration should not send ground troops to assist al-Maliki's government.

"Let's not be involved in the Iraq civil war," Paul said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...son-into-iraq/

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Nah, i will just wait for the tube...
    LOL "entitlement psychology" rears its ugly head.

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    That is one of the most beautiful thing I have ever heard Rand say about our Middle East policy. I think a tear just dropped.

Good $#@!ing job Rand, keep calling out the Obama administration for causing the current problem by deciding to arm the jihadist in Syria. The American people will side with you because they do not want to arm jihadists.

Oh that is going to deny the warmongers a wargasm

i think that 'the past is the present is the future' is a great response for people who like to use that line 'but past is past, what would you do right now'

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That is one of the most beautiful thing I have ever heard Rand say about our Middle East policy. I think a tear just dropped.

Good $#@!ing job Rand, keep calling out the Obama administration for causing the current problem by deciding to arm the jihadist in Syria. The American people will side with you because they do not want to arm jihadists.
    +1 and +rep. But the biggest +rep goes to Rand himself

Anybody who accuses Rand of pandering just isn't listening.

here's the full 9 minute interview, he talks about voting rights stuff and minority outreach / war on drugs at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3LISn3hGQ

Rand needs to work on getting to the point more quickly on the foreign policy issue. It's a little bit annoying to watch him dance around with Hannity and Crowley for awhile blaming our past actions, before he can finally start answering the question of what we should do right now. On content though it was another good interview.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

He avoids answering about air strikes. I think it's safe to say that he doesn't want air strikes.

Speech was insane
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 06-22-2014 at 02:03 PM.

$#@!ing brilliant Rand.

"The past is 6 months ago"

"The past is the present"

I'm so happy I donated and phonebanked for this guy. No matter what the eventual outcome is, what he's managed to accomplish in politics to date is absolutely astounding.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @ 2:10, did Crowley just say "we aint got time for dat!"

Why the $#@! are we afraid of jihadist fighters if USA has enough nukes to blow up the middle east 200x over and enough firearms to arm every american. We are pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Why the $#@! are we afraid of jihadist fighters if USA has enough nukes to blow up the middle east 200x over and enough firearms to arm every american. We are pussies.
    They're not afraid of them. They're just looking for any excuse to start another war.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    They're not afraid of them. They're just looking for any excuse to start another war.
    And the faster the better, we aint got not time to debate it. I mean, its not like its a life or death decision.

bringin back ron in that interview !!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And the faster the better, we aint got not time to debate it. I mean, its not like its a life or death decision.
    In reference to Rand Paul's Sunday's interview, Washington Post's propaganda Zionist MOUTHPIECE, Ruth Markus, was the guest mouthpiece on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell REPORTS today. In their scripted-staged encouter, Markus ends the show with this statement,
    “I have to say, choosing between Dick Cheney’s foreign policy and the isolationism of Rand Paul are terrible choices."
    WaPo's Ruth Markus is also the media propagandist who also taken a media vendetta upon Eduard Snowden and Glenn Greenwald releasing of the NSA's Stasi spying files.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Rand needs to work on getting to the point more quickly on the foreign policy issue. It's a little bit annoying to watch him dance around with Hannity and Crowley for awhile blaming our past actions, before he can finally start answering the question of what we should do right now. On content though it was another good interview.
    Rand is using the techniques from, Rules for Patriots.

Listen to Tom Woods and Steve Deace discuss the book here.