Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 46

Thread: Ron Paul to make acting debut in Atlas Shrugged movie

  1. #1

    Ron Paul to make acting debut in Atlas Shrugged movie

    Ron Paul to Make Acting Debut

    Former congressman and three-time presidential candidate Ron Paul will make his acting debut in the third installment of the Atlas Shrugged film trilogy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The film also will feature several other prominent conservative personalities with little or no acting experience, including Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

    "Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it's much more than a story it's a philosophy," Paul said. "It's influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it's going to continue to influence a lot of people."

    Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? is based on the final third of Ayn Rand's 1957 novel, Atlas Shrugged, which tells the story of a U.S. economy in collapse due to taxation, overregulation and the demonization of those who have achieved more than their fair share of success.

    ...

    Kaslow says that several small parts in the movie were written with well-known political figures in mind, but also with the assumption that he'd allow them to ad-lib. Paul and Beck, for example, are TV commentators covering the aftermath of a speech by one of the primary characters, John Galt, played by Kris Polaha.

    ...

    "We told them it's better for us to be themselves, and we got some golden moments," Kaslow said. "We just showed Glenn Beck and Ron Paul our John Galt giving his speech, and told them to give their honest opinion."

    ...
    More:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...g-debut-712922



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    a bit of video...

    Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who is John Galt? Ron Paul Outtakes (1:11)

  4. #3
    Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? is based on the final third of Ayn Rand's 1957 novel, Atlas Shrugged, which tells the story of a U.S. economy in collapse due to taxation, overregulation and the demonization of those who have achieved more than their fair share of success.
    Geez, they just couldn't help themselves...

    No. They are demonized because they have achieved exactly their fair share.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  5. #4
    I wish he wouldn't do this. I respect Ayn Rand, but it's her most didactic and problematic book. And the movies are lousy.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Geez, they just couldn't help themselves...
    No. They are demonized because they have achieved exactly their fair share.
    Uhm, I guess you could interpret it that way; but its telling the plot line of the novel and in the book they are demonized because they achieved "more". I think its an accurate statement, not an ideological one.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Uhm, I guess you could interpret it that way; but its telling the plot line of the novel and in the book they are demonized because they achieved "more". I think its an accurate statement, not an ideological one.
    I disagree. I don't think it was intentional, but I think it's the way they view things and it slipped into the language. It's the "fair share" thing. Otherwise, the sentence would have just been "... demonization of those who have become successful."
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I disagree. I don't think it was intentional, but I think it's the way they view things and it slipped into the language. It's the "fair share" thing. Otherwise, the sentence would have just been "... demonization of those who have become successful."
    but do they really demonize success in the novels? or demonize people that have too much property?

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    but do they really demonize success in the novels? or demonize people that have too much property?
    I think you are missing the point. The article didn't say they had too much property, it said they had "more than their fair share" of success. That suggests that there is a "fair share" and these people in the novel were demonized because they exceeded it. Perhaps it is just semantics, but it says something about the writer to word it in that way.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9

    Ron Paul Movie Star - Atlas Shrugged Part III

    In part 3 of the Atlas Shrugged movie trilogy (September 12, 2014).

    http://youtu.be/9bN0kIJWalU

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ul-movie-star/

    "Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it's much more than a story it's a philosophy," Paul said. "It's influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it's going to continue to influence a lot of people."

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...g-debut-712922

  12. #10
    If you want to see Atlas Shrugged Part III, the first showing of it is on Friday in New Hampshire and it is free. If you aren't aware, many of the top leaders of the Atlas Society live in New Hampshire partly because of the Free State Project. There was a wonderful showing of Atlas Shrugged Part 2 in Nashua slightly connected to Liberty Forum. Now Atlas Shrugged Part III is making it's debut in New Hampshire as part of the 2014 Atlas Summit in Manchester, New Hampshire.

    Hopefully a lot of folks from this Forum will see it, as it is Ron Paul's start in acting and free.

    Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Premiere Moved to Larger Venue - Limited Free Tickets Available
    Friday 8:30pm Movie Screening moved to the Cinemagic Theater in Merrimack NH

    Based on the initial demand, we have moved Atlas Shrugged Part 3 to a large venue. There are a limited number of FREE tickets to this Friday's movie. Reserve Now!
    You will have an unprecendented and exclusive opportunity to view and offer feedback on Atlas Shrugged Part III as it is in the process of final production. It'll be like sitting in the producer's chair as you view a full-length preview of Atlas Shrugged Part III.

    The producers are interested in the reaction of fans as they prepare the film for public release September 12th. They know that Atlas Summit attendees can be expected to provide the insight of people who know and love the story of Atlas Shrugged and are eager to see the film succeed.

    The centerpiece of the night's events will be a full-length preview of the film, courtesy of the film producers. Not a trailer, not a few scenes, but the full movie in an early screening.

    A brief program before the event will include Associate Producer Scott DeSapio and consultant David Kelley. The speakers will share inside perspectives on the making and meaning of the film.

    Viewers will be able to enjoy the full sweep and drama of the movie even though in some respects the film will be in draft (some scenes may not be completed, or they may lack the final music and color correction). This will be the earliest complete screening of Atlas Shrugged Part III.

    Reserve Now!
    before we run out of tickets.

    In liberty,
    Aaron Day, CEO
    The Atlas Society
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlas-s...ets-9363549629
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

  13. #11
    So Bruno doesn't count?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    So Bruno doesn't count?
    He wasn't acting. He is acting in this movie, Atlas Shrugged Part III, that opens in New Hampshire on Friday for free.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    He wasn't acting. He is acting in this movie, Atlas Shrugged Part III, that opens in New Hampshire on Friday for free.
    I think you all are just discriminating against the LGBT community. I'm so tired of the anti-gay rhetoric on this forum.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I think you all are just discriminating against the LGBT community. I'm so tired of the anti-gay rhetoric on this forum.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  17. #15
    CaptUSA, are you still in Butler? If so, we are minutes apart. I tried to PM you but your box is full.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Not serious. Topical humor.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I think you all are just discriminating against the LGBT community. I'm so tired of the anti-gay rhetoric on this forum.
    Huh? According to Wikipedia, there are move self-described LGBT folks in New Hampshire per capita than any other state. It was the first state where the legislature legalized same sex marriage and the only state where a majority of Republicans in the house legislative body voted to have same sex marriage. NH was also the first state to try to get the state government out of marriage.

    As for the horrible part of a movie that Ron Paul was in where fraud was committed against him, he wasn't acting.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Huh? According to Wikipedia, there are move self-described LGBT folks in New Hampshire per capita than any other state. It was the first state where the legislature legalized same sex marriage and the only state where a majority of Republicans in the house legislative body voted to have same sex marriage. NH was also the first state to try to get the state government out of marriage.

    As for the horrible part of a movie that Ron Paul was in where fraud was committed against him, he wasn't acting.
    Did you hear the Wooshing! sound?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtBoyer25L View Post
    I wish he wouldn't do this. I respect Ayn Rand, but it's her most didactic and problematic book. And the movies are lousy.

    Agreed.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Did you hear the Wooshing! sound?
    I noticed that hijacking sound too.

    Now let's just go back to the pros and cons about getting Mouched out of things...

    If you can't have Liberty, it's still better to be a moocher (Economic Dictator) than a moochie, amIright?

  24. #21
    I liked the movies

  25. #22
    I barely got through part 1.
    I put on part 2 whenever I have trouble sleeping.
    I hope part 3 is better!

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    I noticed that hijacking sound too.

    Now let's just go back to the pros and cons about getting Mouched out of things...

    If you can't have Liberty, it's still better to be a moocher (Economic Dictator) than a moochie, amIright?
    That wasn't hijacking that was simply irreverence with respect to the topic at hand.

    In that vein, if you want to label it as such, if I were to post on 99% of RPF threads I would hijack them all. Especially this one, if I were so inclined, which deals with RP's social life.

    Discussing Ayn Rand is pointless just as discussing all the rest of the dead heros of this movement. There is nothing left to learn. We've got "edu-ma-cation" in this movement bleeding out our eyeballs. Action is about as far as it can be from this movement.

    What's left is the die hard Christians waiting on God to use this earth like an etch a sketch and reboot it (I count myself among these) and intellectuals who like to marvel at their own words.

    Over the last few years I feel that everything I want to post belongs in the vent. This world is rotten and corrupt in every sector and the only "hope" I have is that this is the way God intended it to go down.

    Anyway, like I said, should probably be in the vent. I kind of took the hijacking and irreverence up a notch.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

  27. #24
    And I'm sure he'll immediately improve the collective acting abilities of the cast 100 times over. (The first two movies were mind-numbingly poor).



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    If you want to see Atlas Shrugged Part III, the first showing of it is on Friday in New Hampshire and it is free. If you aren't aware, many of the top leaders of the Atlas Society live in New Hampshire partly because of the Free State Project. There was a wonderful showing of Atlas Shrugged Part 2 in Nashua slightly connected to Liberty Forum. Now Atlas Shrugged Part III is making it's debut in New Hampshire as part of the 2014 Atlas Summit in Manchester, New Hampshire.

    Hopefully a lot of folks from this Forum will see it, as it is Ron Paul's start in acting and free.

    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlas-s...ets-9363549629
    New update from the CEO of the Atlas Society. This is current as of 10 minutes ago. There are only 6 free tickets left to the premiere of the top pro-liberty movie of 2014. The only movie of 2014 with Ron Paul in it. If you like movies and Ron Paul, this is your once chance in your life to do this. Don't let the amazing moment pass you by...
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ifthenwouldi View Post
    And I'm sure he'll immediately improve the collective acting abilities of the cast 100 times over. (The first two movies were mind-numbingly poor).
    I don't really understand... I thought the first one was surprisingly good, haven't seen the second one yet. I would like to have seen it on an unlimited budget, but I expected it to be really bad and was surprised.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    If you want to see Atlas Shrugged Part III, the first showing of it is on Friday in New Hampshire and it is free. If you aren't aware, many of the top leaders of the Atlas Society live in New Hampshire partly because of the Free State Project. There was a wonderful showing of Atlas Shrugged Part 2 in Nashua slightly connected to Liberty Forum. Now Atlas Shrugged Part III is making it's debut in New Hampshire as part of the 2014 Atlas Summit in Manchester, New Hampshire.
    That is awesome. I wonder if it's at the theater that a Ron Paul supporter owns? We had a Ron Paul 2008 meeting at a theater, think it was in Nashua, maybe Manchester. That's where I met Ron Paul the 2nd and 3rd times. It was a fine-arts type theater that played independent films that don't make it to the big box office theaters.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    I barely got through part 1.
    I put on part 2 whenever I have trouble sleeping.
    I hope part 3 is better!
    meh, I rather enjoyed them both.

  33. #29
    I hope one of his lines involves something about "Tex-mess."

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    So Bruno doesn't count?
    That was my thought too. I guess it doesn't count. I thought he was great. Oscar material definitely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Ron Paul Movie Star - Atlas Shrugged Part III
    By PAF in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 11:58 AM
  2. Atlas Shrugged Movie
    By KEEF in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 05:50 PM
  3. Atlas Shrugged movie
    By Elwar in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
  4. Atlas Shrugged Movie: On the Set....
    By BamaFanNKy in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
  5. Atlas Shrugged Movie and Ron Paul
    By graystar in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 09:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •