Thread: A Conversation with David Friedman on Anarcho-Capitalism, part 1

A Conversation with David Friedman on Anarcho-Capitalism, part 1

For anyone who might be interested, here's a warm up part 1 of my recent interview with David Friedman on Anarcho-capitalism.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'm always amazed at how much info he has crammed in his head and how naturally he recalls it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

part 2: Natural Rights vs Consequentialist Anarcho-capitalism

A Conversation With David Friedman - part 3: Limitations of the NAP & Protecting the Unprotected

A Conversation With David Friedman - part 4: Private vs Public Land Ownership

A Conversation With David Friedman - part 5: Protection Agencies vs Protection Rackets & Defense

"Ask not what the government can do for you. Ask what the government is doing to you." - David Friedman

A Conversation With David Friedman - part 6: Resolving Court Complaints, NAP & Children, Zero Role for State

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Conversation With David Friedman - part 7: Keynesianism, Chicago School, Austrian School, & Anarcho-Capitalism

A Conversation With David Friedman - part 8: Bringing the Machinery of Freedom Into Fruition & Ways of Advancing Libertarianism in General

The End!

//bookmark
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I've been reading Friedman's material and listening to speeches, Q&As, and the like. I find myself enjoying his works to a much greater degree than I did 4 or 5 years ago, when I first happened upon them. This interview included. Thank you for the upload, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism