Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick Cheney’s new group is all about Rand Paul

Dick Cheney’s new group is all about Rand Paul

Dick Cheney’s new group is all about Rand Paul

BY PHILIP BUMP
    June 18 at 11:09 AM

The op-ed penned by former vice president Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz that appeared in the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday is probably what you'd expect from the Cheneys. It argues that President Obama's administration has weakened America's global standing; Obama, they write, "seems determined to leave office ensuring he has taken America down a notch." The crux of the argument:

It is time the president and his allies faced some hard truths: America remains at war, and withdrawing troops from the field of battle while our enemies stay in the fight does not "end" wars. Weakness and retreat are provocative. U.S. withdrawal from the world is disastrous and puts our own security at risk.

Cheney's opponents on the left wasted no time in responding. The Atlantic's James Fallows compared the piece to Cheney's arguments for going into Iraq in the first place. Jonathan Chait at New York magazine suggested that the Cheneys want to call Obama a traitor, but never quite get there.

It should be apparent, though, that the Cheneys' target audience wasn't really America at large, and almost certainly wasn't liberals who are unlikely to reconsider their existing opinions of the former VP. Instead, the audience is Republicans. More specifically, Republicans inclined to support a 2016 candidacy by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

read more:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...out-rand-paul/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember when people were mad that Randal endorsed and supported Mike Enzi? Can you imagine if this wench had gotten her talons into the senate instead? Good call Sen. Paul.

I didn't realize Cheney was such a down home everyman. I have a hard time understanding the words but he just feels like me. Yeah, war I guess. /sarcasm
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

On CNN this morning, the left pundit was deflecting criticism of Obama in the Cheney screed by saying that it is really aimed at Rand Paul. They may be right about that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The neoconservatives are on the march again, calling for more war. No surprise there. Deja vu, all over again. Wrong then, wrong now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

CAKE
    WALK
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The Cheney name is political poison. They have nerve saying $#@! like this.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Even neocons are getting sick of the wars.

Cheney and his ilk have an uncontrollable bloodlust and can't wait to run their fingers over the wood grain of coffins. They want to feed them to the MIC like wood to a wood chipper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Cheney-down-34 i found this old thread on the RPFs here.
    i partially blame myself for this. when on FB i opined about the senate run of a citizen from Wyoming,
    if this got the poor woman's pappy livid, his "plumbers unit" traced me and TaftFan back here quicker
    than y'all can utter prayers for the late LARRY O'BRIAN like a good Irish Catholic. i even had said i was a
    very distant relative of our former Veep. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/0...enate-bid-cnn/ I think
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Facebook-page the FB page is down, but was up a while back.
    Last edited by Aratus; 06-18-2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: the candidacy of the Veep's daughter was fleeting & brief due to ARATUS + TAFTFAN as well as the wise VOTERs!!!!!

Instead, the audience is Republicans. More specifically, Republicans inclined to support a 2016 candidacy by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).
    What in the world made them think that any of us would listen to Dick Cheney?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    What in the world made them think that any of us would listen to Dick Cheney?
    They didn't. Which is why they are trying to covertly poison the wells against Rand Paul but overtly pretending to diss Obama. $#@! Cheney knows if he comes right out against Rand Paul he will all but guarantee Rand's election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Tricky Dick should be rotting away behind bars for countless war crimes.

Last edited by anaconda; 06-18-2014 at 05:02 PM.

They claim that they want to reverse Obama's policies:

We are forming the Alliance for a Strong America, a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization, because we know that America’s security depends upon reversing President Obama’s policies.
    Then they call for strengthening his policies though neocon code words:

• advocate for the policies needed to restore American power and pre-eminence;
    • provide information to citizens, policymakers and candidates about the critical national security issues facing the nation;
    • explain the indispensable role America and American power must play in the world in order to defeat the broad array of threats we face today;
    • fight to restore the strength of America's military -- the greatest fighting force and the greatest force for good the world has ever known; and
    • ensure that national security issues are a critical part of America’s national debate and discussion in the coming years and beyond.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    They claim that they want to reverse Obama's policies:

Then they call for strengthening his policies though neocon code words:
    Yes, but don't you understand? When Cheney does it, it's good because it's Team Red.

$#@! you Cheney Obama is following your lead again $#@! you.

Notice how the video has the comment section disabled,

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Comment section is open on the WSJ article....but I have to warn you: they're pretty disturbing. http://online.wsj.com/articles/dick-...ine-1403046522

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yes, but don't you understand? When Cheney does it, it's good because it's Team Red.
    I forgot, Republicans start wars to fight for muh freedoms! When Democrats fight wars, they do it for nation-building.
    Stop believing stupid things

We are forming the Alliance for a Strong America, a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization, because we know that America’s security dependsupon reversing President Obama’s policies.
    So I see the IRS didn't have any problem delaying the 501(c) status and organization for one of the most wanted of 'Crimes Against Humanity' & War Crimes.

WTF?
    'Alliance for a Strong America, a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization'
    Should be a wake up call there's a party of one (Elites & their Fasacist partnerships) and enslavement/imprisoning standard for the American mundanes. Where's the outcry; TEA PARTY, CONSTITUTIONALISTS, LIBERTARIANS, CONSERVATIVES, etc?

Dick & Liz establishment criminal Fascists get an immediate 501(c) rubberstamp approval from the IRS? Oh, how convenient Dick and Liz Cheney even state they are attacking Obama and to donate to their 'rigged game', and didn't have years of waiting like Tea Party, Constitutionalist, etc groups. You don't need to be hit in the head with a Ball Bean Hammer to realize this country's government is run by organized crime syndicate and the people are cattle to the government.

Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 06-18-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

#DickCheneyFilms trending on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/hashtag/DickCheneyFilms?src=tren

"I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Remember when people were mad that Randal endorsed and supported Mike Enzi? Can you imagine if this wench had gotten her talons into the senate instead? Good call Sen. Paul.
    Not that I support Cheney, but Enzi was pushing for an Internet Sales Tax.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Cheney-down-34 i found this old thread on the RPFs here.
    i partially blame myself for this. when on FB i opined about the senate run of a citizen from Wyoming,
    if this got the poor woman's pappy livid, his "plumbers unit" traced me and TaftFan back here quicker
    than y'all can utter prayers for the late LARRY O'BRIAN like a good Irish Catholic. i even had said i was a
    very distant relative of our former Veep. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/0...enate-bid-cnn/ I think
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Facebook-page the FB page is down, but was up a while back.
    I have no idea what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    Tricky Dick should be rotting away behind bars for countless war crimes.
    Don't worry. The next heart attack will be the last heart attack and Cheney will go to someplace much worse than jail. And he won't get out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yes, I knew exactly what she represented. Cheney had to be defeated at any cost. We don't need her ilk infecting the Senate and media for the next 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    $#@! this war criminal!
    Not even if it was ten feet long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not that I support Cheney, but Enzi was pushing for an Internet Sales Tax.

“One game at a time, my friend.”

More hate for Cheney here than there would be for Satan himself lol.

No, no need to explain to me
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    More hate for Cheney here than there would be for Satan himself lol.

No, no need to explain to me
    Nah, he's just a really, really close 2nd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast