Thread: FreedomWorks Endorses Tom McMillin in MI-8

FreedomWorks Endorses Tom McMillin in MI-8

The next Dave Brat...

FreedomWorks PAC Endorses Tom McMillin in MI-8
    By Jacqueline Bodnar
    46 minutes ago

FreedomWorks PAC announced its endorsement of Tom McMillin for U.S. Congress in Michigan’s eighth district. After a thorough review of the candidates in the race, FreedomWorks PAC believes Tom McMillin is the clear choice for Michiganders looking to preserve individual freedom. McMillin will go up against Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop in the August 5 primary.

McMillin served three terms as a state representative, where he worked to block Michigan’s ObamaCare exchanges, stop Common Core, and lower taxes. He understands the importance of protecting individuals from federal overreach, and sponsored a bill to restrict government drone use and prosecute NSA officials for lying about alleged illegal spying.

FreedomWorks PAC President Matt Kibbe commented, “Voters have a clear choice between another establishment candidate that will toe the party line, and Tom McMillin, a man who will stand up for civil liberties and fight for his constituents. McMillin doesn’t just identify the problems in government, he takes action to come up with proactive solutions. He would undoubtedly be a valuable thought leader for liberty in the House.”
    More:
    FreedomWorks PAC Endorses Tom McMillin in MI-8
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand, Ron, and Ted need to endorse him

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

FreedomWorks Endorses McMillin

FreedomWorks endorses Tom McMillin: http://www.freedomworks.org/content/...-mcmillin-mi-8

FreedomWorks PAC announced its endorsement of Tom McMillin for U.S. Congress in Michigan’s eighth district. After a thorough review of the candidates in the race, FreedomWorks PAC believes Tom McMillin is the clear choice for Michiganders looking to preserve individual freedom. McMillin will go up against Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop in the August 5 primary.

McMillin served three terms as a state representative, where he worked to block Michigan’s ObamaCare exchanges, stop Common Core, and lower taxes. He understands the importance of protecting individuals from federal overreach, and sponsored a bill to restrict government drone use and prosecute NSA officials for lying about alleged illegal spying.

FreedomWorks PAC President Matt Kibbe commented, “Voters have a clear choice between another establishment candidate that will toe the party line, and Tom McMillin, a man who will stand up for civil liberties and fight for his constituents. McMillin doesn’t just identify the problems in government, he takes action to come up with proactive solutions. He would undoubtedly be a valuable thought leader for liberty in the House.”

FreedomWorks PAC is a grassroots service center to millions of activists nationwide who are dedicated to fighting for lower taxes, less government, and more freedom in every Congressional district in America. For more information about the PAC, please visit www.FreedomWorksPAC.org or on twitter @FreedomWorksPAC. For more information about the endorsement process, please contact Jackie Bodnar at JBodnar@FreedomWorks.org.

Great! Anyone in Michigan have a feel of this race as it stands?
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    His opponents events looked like ghost towns this weekend. The establishment is in bad shape, methinks!

he might just be the next Dave Brat!

A lot of people, including our local county party chair who I'd consider local establishment, were waiting on State Senator Joe Hune to make a decision to run or not. Hune is running for re-election instead. Some of the Hune supporters are backing Bishop and some of them are backing McMillin. I think the "Hune Republicans" who generally have some tea party leanings in ideology but do not always support the tea parties themselves will be deciding the race. A lot of them don't really know either candidate.

Livingston party leadership is generally staying out of the primary. I called up the county chair and he said "We're backing the winner."
    Last edited by Independent Republican; 06-20-2014 at 05:17 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's who's endorsing Bishop:

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Republican View Post
    A lot of people, including our local county party chair who I'd consider local establishment, were waiting on State Senator Joe Hune to make a decision to run or not. Hune is running for re-election instead. Some of the Hune supporters are backing Bishop and some of them are backing McMillin. I think the "Hune Republicans" who generally have some tea party leanings in ideology but do not always support the tea parties themselves will be deciding the race. A lot of them don't really know either candidate.

Livingston party leadership is generally staying out of the primary. I called up the county chair and he said "We're backing the winner."
    Thanks. Seems like the establishment isn't all-in on opposing McMillin which should give him more than a good shot here.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Thanks. Seems like the establishment isn't all-in on opposing McMillin which should give him more than a good shot here.
    Another one for the taking here + establishment support rather than sabotage. Moneybomb coming up, folks.