Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Court convicts Adam Kokesh; could serve 15 years in prison

Court convicts Adam Kokesh; could serve 15 years in prison

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...217_story.html

Gun rights activist Adam Kok*esh, who was convicted of drug and gun charges Thursday in a Fairfax County court, did not contest the allegations, but he called the raid that led to his arrest “political persecution.”

Kokesh, 32, entered an Alford plea in Circuit Court to two felonies related to his possession of hallucinogenic mushrooms while possessing a gun. In an Alford plea, a defendant does not admit guilt but acknowledges that prosecutors have enough evidence to obtain a conviction.

Kokesh faces a maximum of 15 years in prison when he is sentenced Sept. 5.

Kokesh was arrested in July when federal and local authorities raided the Herndon home he shared with other activists.
    Prosecutors said Thursday that police found 10 guns and drugs, including LSD, marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy and mushrooms.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dang. Party huh?

Stuff like this is why I don't shed any tears over the Vegas cop-killers. It's unfortunate that the shooters were not reacting in self defense though. I don't cheer for such things but I also don't care.

But the officials involved in a case like in the OP; Yes, everyone of them deserve it from the top (judge and DA) to bottom (arresting officers and prison guards).

Arresting, prosecuting, and punishing someone for possessing weapons and/or drugs is insane.

I don't agree with Adam on every thing and he has certainly made multiple tactical blunders. But screw what your average non informed person has to say about him...at least he has a mind and a pair of balls. That's more than I can say about 95% of the people I meet these days. Although my situation is different, I know how it feels to be betrayed and jailed for a victimless crime...I'm going in for a year the 13th of august and I promise it will only make my convictions stronger. Bless Adam and all the men who aren't afraid to be men.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

At no other time in your posting history, Matt, would you have been likely to post even a snip of the article in question.

Except in this case, in order to gloat over Kokesh possibly going to prison.

Enjoy your schadenfreude Matt, while you can.

All the rest of you as well.

Because in the end, we're all going to prison.

SMMFH in disgust...

Matt does that because he doesn't like an online web site dedicated to RON PAUL to be inhabited by the likes of 'people' who may hold more 'radical' views...and as an example, behold Matts 'focus' on Adam Kokesh...

makes no sense to me why anybody would disparage someone like Adam due to other people supporting Ron Paul.

seems oppressive to me.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 06-13-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    he doesn't like an online web site dedicated to RON PAUL to be inhabited by the likes of 'people' who may hold more 'radical' views...
    No, just people who make the movement look bad. We have to police our own and keep the riff-raff out.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, just people who make the movement look bad. We have to police our own and keep the riff-raff out.
    By riff-raff, you mean hobbits?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    riff-raff (noun)

1) an individual that does not play politics because they see it as useless.
    2) an individual that seeks to educate for social change as opposed to working within a corrupt and unchangeable system.
    3) an individual that does not support financially the efforts of those that claim to work within a corrupt and unchangeable political system.
    4) an individual that is unacceptable because they are perceived to have low political status.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-13-2014 at 07:04 PM.

I'm riff-raff. You just broke my heart there Matt -and I forgive you -you're young. I pray that you get an easy clue.

Not everyone resists in the same way, and God help me if I ever think I know the best way for another individual to resist.

The word of the month a lifetime? Conscience.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

So the American Bolsheviks want to send the anarchist agitator to Siberia on trumped up charges? Shocking!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is bad. He didnt hurt anyone.

I hope he doesnt go to jail... I also hope that he doesnt die while barricaded in his home resisting when they come to send him to jail.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    riff-raff (noun)

1) an individual that does not play politics because they see it as useless.
    2) an individual that seeks to educate for social change as opposed to working within a corrupt and unchangeable system.
    3) an individual that does not support financially the efforts of those that claim to work within a corrupt and unchangeable political system.
    4) an individual that is unacceptable because they are perceived to have low political status.
    5) an individual that posts MLM schemes in an effort to bilk fellow liberty minded folk out of what they can.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Now, there's a winning strategy...

Listen, I'm not really a fan of Kokesh. I think he's troubled and needs help. I think he could be an extremely valuable part of this movement if he could focus his energies.

But, at least he's doing something. Everyone has to do it in their own way, but dammit, don't shut them down when they do something. Liberty isn't just for those who share your opinions about how the strategy should work. Somehow, Matt, you think it's part of your job to sit in here and snipe at those that you think are doing it wrong. I see this as what I call "LP Syndrome". I was a member of the Libertarian Party for a couple decades, but they are afflicted with your same problem. They don't understand how infighting is far more damaging than simply allowing others to act in the manner they find most useful.

Matt, you're working your angle. That's great. But to think that your angle is the only one that should be pursued is just arrogance. And it is the same arrogance that is displayed in those who seek power. Understand a little more about this, and you will be more valuable to this movement yourself.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

You seem to think you are something else-- don't flatter yourself. You think YOU make the movement look better by gloating about the misfortune of others? You remind me of those self-righteous neocons who pound their puffed out chest shouting, "LAW and ORDER!" Until they get caught breaking the very unconstitutional law they were all for.

Disgusting, really. With people such as yourself in this movement, I am becoming a political atheist more and more.
    Last edited by donnay; 06-13-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

by the way everyone, this thread isn't about Adam Kokesh, its about Matt Collins...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You seem to think you are something else-- don't flatter yourself. You think YOU make the movement look better by gloating about the misfortune of others? You remind me of those self-righteous neocons who pound their puffed out chest shouting, "LAW and ORDER!" Until they get caught breaking the very unconstitutional law they were all for.

Disgusting, really. With people such as yourself in this movement, I am becoming a political atheist more and more.
    this is Matts goal...to push the voices that infer a 'radical' ideal out of Ron Paul forums...

too bad Rev9 bailed, but i understand his frustration...

Somehow, this seemed fitting.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

I think people who endorse Mitt Romney for president while Ron Paul is still in the race make this movement look bad.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Somehow, this seemed fitting.
    If by power lust she also means greed, then yes. There is nothing wrong with power, just like there is nothing wrong with money. People rationally should seek to acquire both.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I think people who endorse Mitt Romney for president while Ron Paul is still in the race make this movement look bad.
    Ron was no longer in the race at that point, he couldn't win, and wasn't running. Remember, he dropped out just before Rand made the endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    At no other time in your posting history, Matt, would you have been likely to post even a snip of the article in question.

SMMFH in disgust...
    He expects to be spared for being a good toady.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

SMMFH in disgust...
    "Because in the end..."

Quoted for truth.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." B.F.

That's not a suggestion, it's a fact. That is wisdom that comes with experience.

It is certainly the strategy (twisted) that the opposition is employing -and isn't it telling when the opposition throws someone under the bus?

Doubt and fear is a killer.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

See this, Matt? THIS is the result of your division. It returns apathy to those who would be your allies.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron was no longer in the race at that point, he couldn't win, and wasn't running. Remember, he dropped out just before Rand made the endorsement.
    No matter how many times you type this out, it still doesn't make it true.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Napoleon complex on display her folks.
    ClydeCoulter on the Liberty Movement:
    Yeah, they'll argue over roads and religion, but there are certain themes that bind, among those are freedom and the search for truth and justice.

Listen, I'm not really a fan of Kokesh. I think he's troubled and needs help. I think he could be an extremely valuable part of this movement if he could focus his energies.

But, at least he's doing something. Everyone has to do it in their own way, but dammit, don't shut them down when they do something.
    Wrong, when someone actively damages the movement and hurts our chances at winning because they give ammo to the opposition to use against us, they need to be distanced. Guilt by association is a very viable tactic in politics which is why one must be careful about ones associations.

And it is the same arrogance that is displayed in those who seek power.
    Everyone who wants to change things should seek power. There is nothing wrong with seeking power, just like there is nothing wrong with acquiring money.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    No matter how many times you type this out, it still doesn't make it true.
    Ron sent out an e-mail saying that he was no longer seeking the nomination. A day or two later Rand endorsed Romney. Are you incapable of remembering the facts? If so, go look it up.

See this, Matt? THIS is the result of your division. It returns apathy to those who would be your allies.
    He seriously doesn't care. There is a serious disconnect inside.
    ClydeCoulter on the Liberty Movement:
    Yeah, they'll argue over roads and religion, but there are certain themes that bind, among those are freedom and the search for truth and justice.

You think YOU make the movement look better by gloating about the misfortune of others?
    1- I am not gloating at all.

2- This wasn't "misfortune" as if he got hit by a tornado or something. This was the direct consequence of his own ill-conceived actions

I am becoming a political atheist more and more.
    I guess your rights don't mean anything to you then.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast