Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Kokesh: Vegas Killers Were ‘Victims,’ Murdering Cops Saves Lives

Adam Kokesh: Vegas Killers Were ‘Victims,’ Murdering Cops Saves Lives

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/ad.../#.U5obRY1dXk1
    A libertarian gun activist — who was convicted on weapons charges after he carried a loaded shotgun in downtown Washington, D.C. — this week defended two people who recently went on a shooting rampage in Las Vegas, killing two police officers and another person.

On his Wednesday Internet show, Adam Kokesh blasted the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for noting that Jerad and Amanda Miller had been inspired by his gun activism.

“You’re not going to get away with it this time USA Today and SPLC,” Kokesh insisted, arguing that the shooters had acted because “authority has become a homicidal institution against freedom.”

Kokesh asserted that the slaying of the two officers was not “murder” because police are likely to kill people.

“Let’s say someone is going around stabbing people, like just stabbing people,” he opined. “It’s not murder to kill someone in that situation. And has been pointed out about the Vegas shooting, when you have police officers that are going around and doing violent things all day long, and then they take a break for lunch, well, it doesn’t mean all of the sudden they’re innocent or they’re being peaceful because they’re taking a break from all of their other anti-freedom, rights-violating violence.”

“Think of how many lives might have been saved by this incident. How many people would these cops have killed had they not been killed?” he asked. “We can only hope that some of the officers in America are listening — if you care about your own safety — to understand that you are hurting people, and you can only push them so far before they hit a breaking point.”

Kokesh argued that blaming Jerad and Amanda Miller was “kind of like blaming the victim,” adding that they could have been thinking about the time his home was raided after he posted the video of himself loading a shotgun in downtown D.C.

After a 15 minute rant about the SPLC, Kokesh concluded that the civil rights group may have confused his time as a “violent psychopath” working for the U.S. Marines with his current anti-government beliefs.

“And they want to say that I’m the guy that has some responsibility for this, that they need to associate me with the Millers. And there is an association, there is. Yeah. There is certainly something to be learned from this connection,” Kokesh said. “Violence begets violence. Turning to the institution of government to deal with these problems, an institution that is based on violence is guaranteed to make the problem worse.”

In the end, Kokesh called the killing “not necessarily unjustified violence,” even if it was “crazy and stupid.”

Watch the video below from Adam Vs. The Man, broadcast June 11, 2014.
    Yup, he's lost it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well, at least i can't call Adam a bootlicker.... right?

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Your viewership, you mean?

I don't think you're the target audience. I think that's the people who have been similarly shoved around and see this situation for what it really is.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Yup, he's lost it.
    What would you say if somebody killed some German Concentration Camp officers back in WWII when they were on their lunch break?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What would you say if somebody killed some German Concentration Camp officers back in WWII when they were on their lunch break?
    keep in mind that the average German citizen probably would have been disgusted by it even then
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Yup, he's lost it.
    And some around here were confused on WHY many figures in the movement distanced themselves from him
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    keep in mind that the average German citizen probably would have been disgusted by it even then
    most german citizens were unaware of the camps i believe, but yeah, we can't be killing our masters attack dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    And some around here were confused on WHY many figures in the movement distanced themselves from him
    not sure i ever heard Ron say anything about Adam.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kelly Thomas agrees with Adam.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Kelly Thomas agrees with Adam.
    willing to bet there are more Kelly Thomases than people in Matts 'movement'...

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Keep in mind that the average American citizen doesn't read AF's threads.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Shooting Someone in the Back of the Head is...

Last edited by presence; 06-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Your viewership, you mean?

I don't think you're the target audience. I think that's the people who have been similarly shoved around and see this situation for what it really is.
    I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that Adam said this, or the fact that compromise is offended by it.

Despite having never been personally bullied by cops, I get the logic. And I get why someone would think that way. But I still think its wrong.

Here's the problem, not every cop goes around stabbing people. And when the crime gets less, the issue gets tricky. Say we're talking about a pickpocket who goes around picking people's pockets. Is it right to shoot him to stop him from pickpocketing. It might be justifiable to stop him in the act (Even then it could be iffy, but it could be justified under the NAP.) But it wouldn't be justified to execute him as a vigilante sanction, or any other kind of penal sanction. Then again, I know its tricky because most cop crimes are "legal" or at least ignored. Even still, we shouldn't be going around shooting cops. Specific cops who have committed specific heinous crimes I can understand, but run of the mill cops? I don't think they're so evil that they deserve to die. That said, the run of the mill cop should probably be exposed to Adam's argument, so they be made to understand what they are really doing.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that Adam said this, or the fact that compromise is offended by it.

Despite having never been personally bullied by cops, I get the logic. And I get why someone would think that way. But I still think its wrong.

Here's the problem, not every cop goes around stabbing people. And when the crime gets less, the issue gets tricky. Say we're talking about a pickpocket who goes around picking people's pockets. Is it right to shoot him to stop him from pickpocketing. It might be justifiable to stop him in the act (Even then it could be iffy, but it could be justified under the NAP.) But it wouldn't be justified to execute him as a vigilante sanction, or any other kind of penal sanction. Then again, I know its tricky because most cop crimes are "legal" or at least ignored. Even still, we shouldn't be going around shooting cops. Specific cops who have committed specific heinous crimes I can understand, but run of the mill cops? I don't think they're so evil that they deserve to die. That said, the run of the mill cop should probably be exposed to Adam's argument, so they be made to understand what they are really doing.
    Excellent post.

I think what the Vegas shooters did was feed the beast where as I feel we need to be starving it.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Meh, of course the anti-Kokesh contingent will be quick to side with SPLC and throw him under the bus.

But consider this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t=Chris+dorner

Excellent post.

I think what the Vegas shooters did was feed the beast where as I feel we need to be starving it.
    I just saw a post about a cop who stole from a terminally ill 3 year old. I have a hard time not wanting those types of cops to get shot. I don't care that they aren't technically at the level of a capital crime, they used their position to use aggressive violence against the helpless, knowing that police protect their own and that nothing will ever happen to them. Those types of cops deserve anything that we the citizenry decide to throw at them. My personal threshold to where I'd be willing to use lethal violence in protection of myself or my family is high, but not extraordinarily high. I am not under the impression that anybody has the right to do horrible things to other people just becuase they wear a blue uniform, and I admire anybody who's willing to put themselves out there to avenge something horrible done by the same when they are otherwise untouchable.

On the other hand, I know there are a lot of cops who just show up for work every day and enforce the law. They think doing so is "keeping us safe" and so forth. They haven't realized the moral disconnect in "just doing your job." Keep in mind that the common German soldier was not nurembered either, and while this could perhaps justly have been done, I'm glad that it wasn't. I feel similarly about the average cop that doesn't "get it." He's not good and his evil should be exposed. But he's not a monster and he certainly doesn't deserve the death penalty.

I'm not so worried about feeding the beast at this point. If the officers who killed Kelly Thomas were "murdered" I would say that that action was justified, even though pragmatically it would probably feed the beast since the average idiot would side with the officers. I'm also currently not certain of any strategy that I feel is likely to lead to us winning.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent post.

I agree with Grigg, to an extent.

But I also feel there is something to be said for pushing the beast into the corner and making it act like the rabid savage it is, thus exposing it.

Now, that can backfire in a big way, when you misjudge how much tyranny the average idiot AmeriKan wants and will tolerate.

In fact, with the current crop of Boobus running around, I would say it is likely.

I still say it's better than this insufferable and interminable, daily, maternal, nanny state, "Chinese Water Torture" of soft tyranny we are exposed to every day: the daily dog killing, the loss of a freedom here and there, the SWAT raids, cop assault, the roadside blood draws, the "Compliance Shuffle" we are forced to do at airports, large gatherings, bus and train stations, or the usual political outrage.

Defecate or remove thyself from yon bedpan.

Or, as we discussed in another thread, stop being pansies about it and oppress me like a man, god damn it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-12-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Specific cops who have committed specific heinous crimes I can understand,

but run of the mill cops?

I don't think they're so evil that they deserve to die.

Last edited by presence; 06-12-2014 at 04:32 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Meh, of course the anti-Kokesh contingent will be quick to side with SPLC and throw him under the bus.

But consider this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t=Chris+dorner
    This is why I think compromise's waving dismissal is just as dangerous as Kokesh's statement. I think Kokesh is wrong but not crazy. And I'd hang with him over the SPLC any day.

How about our military?They kill civilians.Would anybody here mind if these two heroes sneaked up behind younger,uniformed Glen Bradley,Ron Paul or Adam Kokesh himself and blew their brains out their foreheads?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I agree with Grigg, to an extent.

But I also feel there is something to be said for pushing the beast into the corner and making it act like the rabid savage it is, thus exposing it.

Now, that can backfire in a big way, when you misjudge how much tyranny the average idiot AmeriKan wants and will tolerate.

In fact, with the current crop of Boobus running around, I would say it is likely.

I still say it's better than this insufferable and interminable, daily, maternal, nanny state, "Chinese Water Torture" of soft tyranny we are exposed to every day: the daily dog killing, the loss of a freedom here and there, the SWAT raids, cop assault or political outrage.
    I don't think the average person actually wants these kinds of abuses. I just think the average person has been brainwashed, whether with misinterpretations of Romans 13 or with secular slogans such as "Obey the law and you won't have to deal with cops" and "nothing to hide and nothing to fear". These brainwashings make boobus easy to manipulate. Its not that they actually want people to be exposed to invasive air security measures or that they actually want the government to spy on everyone or that they actually want people in foreign countries to be dead and so forth. Rather, boobus values safety MORE than he values freedom or ethics, which again, makes him easy to manipulate into accepting things that he believes will make him safe as "lesser evils."

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    How about our military?They kill civilians.Would anybody here mind if these two heroes sneaked up behind younger,uniformed Glen Bradley,Ron Paul or Adam Kokesh himself and blew their brains out their foreheads?
    ...seems Kokesh is doing his best to distance himself from that crowd.

Kokesh concluded that the civil rights group may have confused his time as a “violent psychopath” working for the U.S. Marines
    Last edited by presence; 06-12-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Ron Paul was a medic. So he definitely didn't kill civilians. I am not saying that Glen Bradley or Adam Kokesh did either. Not every active duty soldier murders civilians (and not every active duty cop does either.)

I guess the only difference I can see is that the active duty soldier that manages to avoid a combat zone is probably doing nothing harmful, while the active duty cop still has to steal (writing tickets) and kidnap people (victimless crimes arrests.) Even still, I'd need something more than that before I'd be willing to say "execute."

So now Kokesh supports "pre-emptive" murder? Murder to save the rest of us from murderers? How is this situation any different from the foreign policy excuse of "pre-emptive" war? Got to get them before they get us right? Off to Syria, off to Iran, and off to Russia! Bombing
    for peace!

It seems Kokesh's hatred for the government and it's policies have now caused him to become more like the very thing he claims he hates.
    Last edited by twomp; 06-12-2014 at 04:37 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The article doesn't do the video justice.
    I just watched the whole thing and can't find anything i disagree with.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I only read the article. Maybe he clarifies in the video. All that said, I doubt that Matt Collins or compromise could even articulate what was wrong with what was said. I bet they just want to say "that's crazy" and expect everyone to believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    So now Kokesh supports "pre-emptive" murder? Murder to save the rest of us from murderers? How is this situation any different from the foreign policy excuse of "pre-emptive" war? Got to get them before they get us right? Off to Syria, off to Iran, and off to Russia! Bombing for peace!

I always thought super man should take out lex luther just because he knew he was about to hatch an evil plan. super man's weakness was his honor. he couldn't pound lex's head into the ground because lex wasn't doing anything physically aggressive towards him.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I only read the article. Maybe he clarifies in the video. All that said, I doubt that Matt Collins or compromise could even articulate what was wrong with what was said. I bet they just want to say "that's crazy" and expect everyone to believe them.

watch the video, i am interested in your perspective afterwards.

I'm not so worried about feeding the beast at this point... I'm also currently not certain of any strategy that I feel is likely to lead to us winning.
    Has anyone else ever met the kind of person who says, 'I don't know how to rid my house of cockroaches, or even if it can be done. But there's no way I'm going to clean my kitchen up'?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    So now Kokesh supports "pre-emptive" murder? Murder to save the rest of us from murderers? How is this situation any different from the foreign policy excuse of "pre-emptive" war? Got to get them before they get us right? Off to Syria, off to Iran, and off to Russia! Bombing for peace!

It seems Kokesh's hatred for the government and it's policies have now caused him to become more like the very thing he claims he hates.
    Um, and how does that make him different now from when he was a Marine?

Different target, same loose cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Libertarian Republic is Austin Petersen's 'news' website. He never misses an opportunity to slander any libertarian who doesn't worship the troops and cops to play kiss ass with the Republican Party leadership. Although I have some problems with Kokesh, Petersen's a real piece of worthless $#@! and a wart on the ass of the liberty movement.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast