Thread: Privacy box for cell phone?

Question Privacy box for cell phone?

Had the idea to make a privacy box to keep your cell phone inside that you could see inside if someone had called but could prevent the mic in the phone from being used against you...

A quick google shows that supposedly a former FBI agent has patented the idea and is sitting on it refusing to make any such boxes for anyone but the elite...

Anyone have some thoughts on how to make some home made versions of these and disseminate instructions across the internet?

http://www.theprivacybox.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fish Tank?

Faraday Cage?

Microwave Oven? (Doubles as a Faraday Cage as long as you dont cook your phone)

Glass Jar?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

No, this isn't to keep the electromagnetic radiation out, or there'd be no point in being able to see if you missed a call.

You want something clear but soundproof. Most plastics will at least muffle sound, so any clear plastic box with thick sides would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

There's specialized MDF laminate with rubber inside.

This stuff is used in boats to isolate the engine room from the rest of the ship from sound/vibration.
    I assume that you could make your own laminate with materials like styrofoam, which is also pretty good at dampening sound.

But the best way is probably to have a white noise generator inside the box you put your phone. If they turn on the mic they will only hear white noise....

If it's transmitting a signal it is still tracking you.

Take out the battery. Forget the phone at home.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    If it's transmitting a signal it is still tracking you.

Take out the battery. Forget the phone at home.
    The box wouldn't be concerned about tracking... The box would be preventing the mic from listening to audio inside your home...

Then I'd go with a glass jar so you can see the phone, just cant hear it ring.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

“The Privacy Box” is the brainchild of one of the FBI’s top investigators together with the head of an intelligence service. It allows you to keep your phone on, and with you, during sensitive meetings, without the threat of people listening in. Once you place your device into our patented “The Privacy Box,” and switch on the machine, anyone listening in will just hear noise, and not your conversations. Through the stylish glass case, you’ll still have secure access to your phone, and be able to see if anyone is trying to reach you or new messages have come in.

For the last two years, “The Privacy Box” has only been available to a small group of individuals. These include heads of state, individuals on the Forbes 100 rich list and their staff, and intelligence operatives. Now, for the first time, we are making “The Privacy Box” more widely available.
    Sounds like marketing BS.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, don't have the box play white noise, have it play this:

Liberty people still wear their cattle tags? Man I ditched mine years ago.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Liberty people still wear their cattle tags? Man I ditched mine years ago.
    In some occupations, there is no practical way around it anymore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ConeOfSilence.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	2646
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin