Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Brat Money Bomb thread

Dave Brat Money Bomb thread

Let's pick a theme, pick a date, and get some art going by Friday. Suggestions?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    suggestions are you will need a web designer ( a good one) a facebook guru and a twitter guru and someone who can string some serious words together, plus everyone pulling to promote

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    suggestions are you will need a web designer ( a good one) a facebook guru and a twitter guru and someone who can string some serious words together, plus everyone pulling to promote
    Thanks Casey. I will go through some old RP moneybomb threads to see who has volunteered for what in the past and PM them directly. In the meantime, is it asking too much to sticky this thread so that it will be brought to the attention of anyone browsing?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

stickies get ignored as everyone uses new posts or just straight up ignores them, if it has a chance it will stay bumped, and as for who volunteered in the past they are all gone we need new blood

day shift bump.

H.L. Mencken

Here is his CV in case anyone is interested:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...um-vitae/1036/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I can help by getting the story reported on where significant eyeballs will see it.

People keep posting the #MakeDCListen hashtag on a lot of the articles about the defeat.

I'm wondering if we can use some of the same rebel themes/ideas from Amash.

Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Be careful, that would send a dangerous message and may encourage other rebels to try to unseat more establishment tools.
    May the Force be with them!

I suggest that you purchase a domain name and find some hosting.

If you find a ready-made wordpress template that is purpose-built, then you don't have to worry about a $#@!ty designer like myself screwing it up.

Here is an example of a ready-made template for this purpose that you can just fill up with your own content:

http://chimpgroup.com/wp-demo/aidreform/

In case you need a way to collect campaign money then there is also this ready-made purpose-built donation plugin right here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/fund...or-nonprofits/

Following this sort of path is the easiest way to end up with very decent results.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Things like a twitter and facebook campaign can be added on once you have a good website to serve as a foundation for a campaign such as this.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Ill say a little heresy based on my experience: Web site is good but people overestimate its value. Top 10 things is to get contact info, get contact info, get contact info.... You need database of contact info of all friendly forums, Facebook groups,friendly reporters and writers, tea party groups, libertarian groups, blogs, YouTube channels etc. Getting Bryan (RonPaulForums owner)and other site owners on board is more important than getting 100 regular members. Owners/leaders/reporters/etc. can post info about it on front page, send mass email to members and reach in few minutes 10000x more people than you and I could in a week or even month. During Ron Paul money-bombs there were awesome webpages. People spent a lot of time and resources on them. Problem was that a lot of "allied sites" didnt participate. They didnt know, were informed too late or something else. Awesome website that not enough people know about is malinvestment. In my opinion it would be better to get awesome free Facebook page/free blog/etc. + paid Facebook ads than pay for website that will be in use few days and it would spend money that could go to advertising. Reaching people should be priority. It is hard to have confidence in achieving this when you rely almost 100% on spontaneous, ad hoc and "organic" management plan/strategy. This happened during Ron Paul moneybombs. These problems will be bigger for less known candidates.

This movement had so many money-bombs and there is still no contact list, no plan or anything else structured. Things that could be used in future endeavors.

I could be wrong!!!
    Last edited by Barrex; 06-11-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    May the Force non-aggression principle be with them!
    FIFY
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    golden

um, yeah, this was about immigration....
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Dave Brat a verified Liberty candidate?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    golden

um, yeah, this was about immigration....
    and then the OTHER reason, he was a BULLY:
    https://www.redstate.com/diary/mason...c-cantor-lost/
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    People keep posting the #MakeDCListen hashtag on a lot of the articles about the defeat.

I'm wondering if we can use some of the same rebel themes/ideas from Amash.
    Since we're headed for a general election, I would recommend against any message that focuses on (or may be interpreted as focusing on) differences within the RPV.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Is Dave Brat a verified Liberty candidate?
    He embraces the RPV creed which looks pretty libertarian to me. Donna Holt backed him.

You can find his C4L survey here (100% liberty): http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys2/?id=156

His VCDL survey is not online yet, but in an email from the VCDL, they rated him "very pro-gun"

H.L. Mencken

bump with suggestion for "Make Washington Irrelevant" as the theme. Other suggestions?

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    bump with suggestion for "Make Washington Irrelevant" as the theme. Other suggestions?

Washington is always going to be relevant no matter what people want. Maybe the organizers of the money bomb might want to contact him to see what he wants to do or the message he wants to relay. He has to be careful about his message and the perception of who he is, as a more main-stream approach is going to get him more votes in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    Washington is always going to be relevant no matter what people want. Maybe the organizers of the money bomb might want to contact him to see what he wants to do or the message he wants to relay. He has to be careful about his message and the perception of who he is, as a more main-stream approach is going to get him more votes in the end.
    There are no organizers yet. At least none that I see. This was just an idea that came up in another thread that looked to have some support so I created this thread to talk it up. Since I don't know the first thing about organizing a money bomb, I'm merely acting as cheerleader. I think you're right though. Contacting the campaign to get input on a theme that fits with their message is a good idea.

H.L. Mencken

Cantor had strong odds of being Boehner's replacement.
    the GOP is about to see a new generation take charge
    that is not so joined at the hip to politics as usual in D.C!
    Rep. Brat could help Dr. Rand out in '16 if he wins in 2014.
    i sense quite a few over-laps of policy and ideas, greatly!

cjm --- i applaud thy intense initiative. i can only assume Brat's people are
    darn sore from pinching themselves, as they all grin each time they look at
    the local news. once they get their bearings, we all can help them along!!!
    the fall election looms large in a textbook manner, it bodes much about '16
    and i so want to read a fortune from tea leaves in the bottom of a tea cup!
    Virginia's lil House seat race was all over my local Bay State news up here!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump... this needs to happen, he needs money

Friday bump.

I'm not really in a position to learn money bomb tech skills. I'm not on FB or twitter, etc. If we don't have the talent to make this happen, I'm thinking about an RPF "money grenade" instead.

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    bump... this needs to happen, he needs money
    thanks for the needful bump!!! every few weeks weeks as election day looms closer,
    i'm going to assume it would be very nice if we all kept dave brat's name current...
    i'm also assuming that he may be outspent by a similar ten to one ratio becuz all the
    hacks in the Democratic party will galvanize their fatcats on the assumption an easy
    win looms large. he just might pull off a fall victory anyway if the mittsters do not go
    into a panic and vote for his opponent. the district sounds solidly Republican all told.

he only has 80K on hand I believe, he is gonna need more
    not sure a bomb is required, just people donating as much as they can and getting others to

Bump.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

What about contacting his campaign directly? I have their email up right now but I thought I would run it through here first.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast