Thread: In Defense of Rand Paul's Foreign Policy - by Bruce Fein

Lightbulb In Defense of Rand Paul's Foreign Policy - by Bruce Fein

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No posts on the article at HuffPo?

The article is mostly a rebuttal to a David Brooks piece where he calls for the US to be the world's gardener, weeding out the "bad" guys...

Here's a summary of the Rand mentions:

Writing in The New York Times on May 30, 2014, columnist David Brooks launched a clumsy preemptive attack on Senator Rand Paul's foreign policy in hopes of derailing his presidential ambitions.
    Reminiscent of the fictitious domino theory and missile and bomber gaps that fueled the Cold War and underwrote the military-industrial complex, Brooks hallucinates about the probable catastrophes that will ensue if the United States neglects to strangle autocracies in their pre-embryonic stages with military force or sister interventions. He delivers a high octave warning that, "[I]f [the United States] neglects constant garden-tending, the [autocratic] thugs will grab and grab and eventually there will be horrendous conflagrations...The autocrats will drag the world into an ungodly mess."

In sum, Brooks perfectly reflects the psychology of Empire featuring logarithmic exaggeration of external threats to justify perpetual objectless wars that promise to culminate in self-ruination. At present, Senator Rand Paul is the only antidote for this life-threatening disease.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-...b_5474060.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.