Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "A Good Guy With A Gun Has Never Stopped A Bad Guy With A Gun"

"A Good Guy With A Gun Has Never Stopped A Bad Guy With A Gun"

MOMS DEMAND FOUNDER: GOOD GUY WITH GUN 'HAS NEVER' STOPPED BAD GUY WITH GUN

by AWR HAWKINS 8 Jun 2014

On June 7, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America founder Shannon Watts said a good guy with a gun "has never" stopped a bad guy with a gun.
    Watts made this comment in response to a question from CNN host Victor Blackwell.
    Blackwell said:

I want to challenge you on something Shannon. Wayne LaPierre, executive director of the NRA, after Sandy Hook, said the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. And I think, essentially [what guns rights proponents are saying] is [they] want their wives to be able to carry--to be the good person with the gun. Is there an example in school shootings or a mall shooting or these public facilities, where that has been wrong? Where a bad guy with a gun has been stopped in any other way or by a person other than a law enforcement officer with a gun or by killing himself?

Watts responded: "This has never happened. Data shows it doesn't happen."

continued...http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Guy-With-A-Gun
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    liars

"by a person other than a law enforcement officer with a gun "

bet these $#@!s dont give 2 $#@!z about police MURDERING people, only when people murder people...cause they are scared of the police- even though they THINK they control them.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Never? Never ever?

Cooked data is cooked. But I don't think it's overcooked enough to justify that 'never' claim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

9 Potential Mass Shootings That Were Stopped By Someone With A Personally Owned Firearm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...by-someone-wit

Not even once?

There are several documented cases where armed citizens have stopped mass attacks by gunmen. Let me list a few: The Pearl, Mississippi school shooting was stopped by the vice principal Joel Myrick with a Colt .45, The Appalachian School shooting was stopped by two students with handguns. Both of the above incidents were stopped by the armed citizens threatening the shooter without firing.
    Pearl High School Link
    Appalacian Law School Link
    Plans to slay everyone in the Muskegon, Michigan, store and steal enough cash and jewelry to feed their “gnawing hunger for crack cocaine” fell apart for a band of would-be killers after one of their victims fought back.
    Muskegon Shooting Link
    The mass church shooting in Colorado Springs was stopped by the shooter being shot by a church member with a CCW permit.
    New Life Church Link
    The Santa Clara gunshop shooting in 1999 was stopped by an armed citizen after the shooter declared that he was going to kill everyone. Police found a list of intended victims in his car. Only the perpetrator, Richard Gable Stevens was shot.
    Santa Clara Gunshop Link
    The December, 1991, Aniston, Alabama defense where a CCW holder stopped armed robbers who were herding employees, customers, and his wife into a cooler. He shot both robbers, killing one.
    Aniston Shoney’s Shooting Link
    July 13, 2009, in Virginia at the Golden Food Market: The gunman tried to shoot several people, was stopped by a CCW carrier.
    Golden Food Market Shooting Link
    Just recently, in Early Texas, armed citizen Vic Stacy shot and stopped a deranged man who had just murdered two neighbors and was firing at police with a rifle. Stacy made a very long shot with his revolver, three times as far as the perpetrator was from the police officer, who had an AR-15 type rifle.
    Early Texas Peach House Shooting Link
    That sounds like a very good story… but it never made the national news.
    I wonder who made the decision to spike that story.
    Of course, when a mass shooting is stopped by an armed citizen, there are not as many victims. This leads to the charge that it would not really have been a “mass shooting”.

2012-12-15 13:00:38
    Source: http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2012/12...-citizens.html
    Source:
    http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...s-2515074.html

When I see the MSM go this Orwellian in their pure, unadulterated b.s. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When I see the MSM go this Orwellian in their pure, unadulterated b.s. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Cry, for they have the ear of the masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Clearly, this person hasn't seen all of the data. Some people look at a portion of limited data and say "this is not so"... but that is skewed since they are not taking in all of the data.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bull$#@! propaganda is bull$#@!.

I have, and three people I know personally, have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Watts responded: "This has never happened. Data shows it doesn't happen."
    Ten seconds of Search Fu gives the following:

(Thousands more at http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx)

22-year-old woman scares off mace-wielding robber, KCCI, Des Moines, Iowa 05/23/14

22-year-old Jessica McDonald, an employee of Discount Textbooks in Fort Dodge, Iowa, had just opened up the store when a man entered and demanded that she hand over the cash in the register. McDonald responded by showing the robber that the register was empty, at which point the man threatened her with mace. Following the threat, McDonald retrieved a handgun from a safe under the counter and pointed it at the criminal, causing him to flee. Store Manager Paul Tigges told a local media outlet that the pistol is kept under the counter for employees to use. In an interview after the incident, McDonald told the media outlet, “It was shocking to me when I started here that there is a gun and I always thought it was over the top and we didn’t need it, but I’m very glad that we have it.”
    FULL STORY

June 5, 2014
    College student defends housemate from robber, (NBC Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa. 06/04/14, WPVI, Philadelphia, Pa. 06/04/14)

Around 7:00 a.m. a burglar broke into a home inhabited by several college students in Philadelphia, Pa. The intruder got into a struggle with one of the residents, at which point another of the home’s inhabitants retrieved a gun and shot the criminal. Upon being shot, the home invader fled the house, but collapsed nearby. The burglar was taken to a hospital where he is reported to be in stable condition.
    FULL STORY

June 2, 2014
    Homeowner frightens off armed home invaders, KSL, Salt Lake City, Utah 05/27/14

A pair of men, at least one of whom was armed with a handgun, broke into a home in Salt Lake City, Utah and began threatening those inside. Earlier in the day, the duo threatened the homeowner’s daughter over the phone. The homeowner responded to the break in by retrieving a handgun and confronting the men, causing the intruders to flee. The home invaders were captured by police a short time later. Following the incident, Salt Lake City Police Detective Veronica Montoya told a local media outlet, “I think the two suspects are very lucky they weren’t hurt, because I think most people would agree if somebody comes kicking your door in and is armed and you’re armed – I’m really surprised he didn’t hurt them.”
    FULL STORY

May 30, 2014
    Veteran kills armed robber, KPRC, Houston, Texas, 05/29/14

A 28-year-old veteran was having lunch at a Quiznos in Houston, Texas when he spotted two men mask themselves and then enter a GameStop. The veteran retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and went to confront the criminals as they exited the store. One of the robbers aimed a firearm at the veteran, prompting the armed citizen to fire. During an exchange of gunfire, one of the robbers was struck and killed, while the other fled the scene. The deceased robber’s accomplice was captured by police a short time later.
    FULL STORY

May 29, 2014
    Convenience store clerk shoots armed robber, WKBN, Youngstown, Ohio, May 22, 2014

Two men, one of whom was armed with a rifle, entered Sami Quick Stop in Youngstown, Ohio and attempted to rob the store. The clerk on duty retrieved a gun and fired it at the criminals, striking one and causing both to flee. Police captured the robbers a short time later. A local media outlet has reported that the police have called the shooting justified.
    FULL STORY

May 23, 2014
    Man defends himself against armed robber in parking lot, KPRC, Houston, Texas 05/22/14

While walking through the parking lot of an apartment complex in Houston, Texas a man was confronted by an armed robber who demanded his belongings. The man responded by drawing a gun and shooting the robber twice, causing the thief to flee. Police captured the criminal a short time later at a local hospital.
    FULL STORY

May 20, 2014
    Donut shop thief shot, The Las Vegas Sun, Las Vegas, Nev. 05/15/14, KVVU, Las Vegas, Nev. 05/16/14

An armed man wearing a bandana entered the Donut Hut in Las Vegas, Nev. and attempted to rob the store and the customers inside. The store’s owner, Sothy Seang, got into an altercation with the criminal, during which he directed his girlfriend to retrieve a gun. The girlfriend complied, and as the robber tried to wrest control of the gun, a shot was fired, striking the thief and causing him to flee. The thief was later captured by police when he sought treatment for his wound. Seang purchased a firearm for his business following an earlier robbery. The criminal’s choice of target was a poor one; in the 1970s Seang fought the Viet Cong while serving with the Cambodian army.
    FULL STORY

May 15, 2014
    Elderly man fells intruder, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Mo. 05/08/14, KTVI, St. Louis, Mo. 05/08/14

An elderly resident of St. Clair County, Ill. was inside his home when he heard the sound of breaking glass. The homeowner called police, retrieved a pistol and went to investigate. Upon discovering the intruder, the homeowner shot the criminal once. The intruder fled, but collapsed and died in the home’s driveway.
    FULL STORY

May 13, 2014
    Man uses AR-15 to fight off armed home invader, WRAL, Raleigh, N.C. 05/11/14

Jonathan Haith was asleep at his home in Henderson, N.C. when he awakened to a knock at his door. Haith initially ignored the knock, but when it was followed by a loud bang, he retrieved an AR-15 rifle and went to investigate. As Haith moved through his hallway, he spotted an intruder armed with a gun. The intruder fired at Haith, who responded by shooting the criminal in the stomach. The home invader fled the home, but collapsed nearby. Police captured the wounded intruder, along with an accomplice that was acting as the getaway driver.
    FULL STORY

May 12, 2014
    Woman fends off violent home invader, KSAZ, Phoenix, Ariz. 05/06/14

A recently widowed woman was home alone in Phoenix, Ariz. when a man broke into her house through a back door. Once inside, the criminal attacked the woman with that may have been a garden tool. The woman responded by retrieving a gun and shooting the home invader, ending the attack. Following the incident, Phoenix Police Spokesman Tommy Thompson told a local news outlet, “"I would say that anytime someone is in your house, they've assaulted you, broken into your house, and assaulted you, you would say she appears to have been in the right at this point.”
    FULL STORY

May 9, 2014
    Detroit grandmother defends herself from armed attackers, WDIV, Detroit, Mich. 05/06/14

Paris Ainsworth had just arrived at her Detroit, Mich. home after working two shifts, when she spotted two men approach. Ainsworth retrieved a .45 caliber pistol and put it into her pocket. One of the men said to Ainsworth, “Don’t pull it,” and fired at the grandmother, striking her three times. Ainsworth responded by drawing her pistol and firing at the men, striking at least one. The men were captured while seeking medical attention at a local hospital. Ainsworth’s also received medical attention and has been released from the hospital. Following the incident, Ainsworth told a local media outlet, “If I wouldn’t have had my gun I would be dead today.”
    FULL STORY

May 7, 2014
    Store owner fells armed criminal, robber's accomplice charged with murder, The Monitor, McAllen, Texas 05/02/14

Three armed men entered Duece’s Smoke Shop in Pharr, Texas and attempted to rob the store. An owner responded to the threat by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminals, striking and killing one, and causing the others to flee. Police captured one of the suspects shortly after the shooting and have charged him with murder in the death of his accomplice. Pharr Police chief Ruben Villescas told local media that he does not expect the store owner to be charged.
    FULL STORY

May 6, 2014
    Neighbor fells vicious dog, WFMZ, Allentown, Pa. 05/01/14

After a woman arrived home with her pet pit bull in Exeter Township, Pa., she was attacked by the dog as she tried to remove it from her car. The woman’s partner came to her aid, but was also attacked by the dog. One neighbor described the scene to a local news outlet by stating, “The dog would not let [him] go.” Other neighbors came to help the couple. When the dog failed to stop after one neighbor hit it with a metal bar, another neighbor shot the dog, ending the attack. The wounded couple was taken to a local hospital.
    FULL STORY

May 1, 2014
    Passerby halts purse-snatching, KHOU, Houston, Texas 04/28/14

A mother was in the parking lot of a Family Dollar store in Houston, Texas when a pair of purse snatchers grabbed her bag and dragged the woman, who was still holding the purse, into the middle of the parking lot. A man in the parking lot witnessed the attack, retrieved a handgun, and confronted the criminals, forcing them out of the car and onto the ground. The armed passerby then held the pair at gunpoint until police arrived. Following the incident, a local media outlet interviewed the manager of the Family Dollar store, who said of the armed citizen, “The guy is something else… He’s a hero.”
    FULL STORY

April 29, 2014
    Citizen kills abductor, The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio 04/27/14

An armed robber in Columbus, Ohio forced Kenneth Owens to hand over his wallet then forced Owens to accompany him by car to an ATM. As Owens was in a vehicle headed to the ATM, he drew a gun and shot his attacker, killing him.
    FULL STORY

April 25, 2014
    Jewelry store owner fires at armed robber, MLive.com, Michigan, 04/23/14

David Medawar, owner of Paul Medawar Fine Jewelry in Plainfield Township, Mich., was at his store when he spotted a group of four men near the front door. Medawar ordered his employees to a back room, as the armed robbers entered the store. Medawar and his father then armed themselves with handguns and retreated to the back room with the employees. From a surveillance system in the secure room, Medawar spotted one of the thieves approaching. Medawar warned the criminal, “We have a gun. We will shoot you. Leave.” Undeterred, the robber continued into the room, prompting Medawar and his father to open fire. After meeting the armed resistance all of the criminals fled. Medawar purchased firearms for the store following a robbery in 2010. The owner told a local media outlet, “We had taken measures to ensure that would not happen again… We were prepared when they came in, But God also protected us. He was watching over us.”
    FULL STORY

April 24, 2014
    Clerk fights off armed criminal, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas 04/22/14

An armed robber entered Lisa’s Beer and Wine convenience store in Dallas, Texas and ordered the clerk to hand over some money. The clerk complied by giving roughly $300 to the criminal. The robber then ordered the clerk to get on his knees, as the thief took a pack of cigarettes. The clerk responded to this command by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminal, striking him once in the hand and causing him to flee.
    FULL STORY

April 22, 2014
    Husband defends wife and home from intruder, KPRC, Houston, Texas, 04/21/14

A husband and wife were asleep at home in Houston, Texas when they were awakened by someone attempting to break in through their front door. The husband responded by retrieving a gun, as his wife called the authorities. When the home invader managed to get into the home through a back door, the husband shot the criminal. The wounded home invader then moved in a way that made the husband believe he was reaching for something, prompting the husband to shoot the intruder again. The home invader later died at a nearby hospital.
    FULL STORY

April 18, 2014
    Man fells vicious dog, The Daytona Beach News-Journal, Daytona, Fla. 04/15/14

Robert Powell was out walking his dog in DeBary, Fla. when a pit bull leashed outside a home broke free and began to attack his pet. Powell, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, drew a .40 caliber pistol and shot the pit bull, killing it. A report by local law enforcement documented the bite marks on Powell’s dog.
    FULL STORY

April 16, 2014
    Homeowner shoots burglar, KSBW, Santa Cruz, Calif. 04/14/14, KION, Monterey, Calif. 04/14/14

A homeowner was asleep at home in Salinas, Calif. when he was awakened to a noise coming from outside the home. The homeowner then spotted someone near his garage. After arming himself, the homeowner went to the garage to investigate and found a burglar. The homeowner shot the burglar, who was then transported to a local hospital. According to news outlet KSBW, police told reporters that “it appears the homeowner was protecting life and property and was in his legal right to use deadly force.”
    FULL STORY

April 15, 2014
    Jewelry store owner fells robber, The San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco, Calif. 04/12/14, The San Jose Mercury News, San Jose, Calif. 04/11/14

A group of masked and armed men entered Hardy Nix Jewelers in Antioch, Calif. and attempted to rob the store. The store’s owner responded by obtaining a gun and exchanging gunfire with the criminals, striking and killing one, and causing the others to flee. One customer was wounded during the incident, but her injuries are described as non-life-threatening.
    FULL STORY

April 11, 2014
    Knife-wielding robber targets the wrong store, Fox2now, St. Louis, Mo. 04/08/14

A 24-year-old man drove a stolen truck to Cobb’s Grocery in Richwoods, Mo., entered the store, drew a canister of mace and knife, and demanded money. Kenny Cobb was inside the store at the time, and responded to the situation by drawing a gun and firing at the criminal, striking him in the abdomen. The robber fled the scene in the stolen truck, but was captured by police a short time later. The armed robber should have known not to attempt to rob Cobb’s Grocery, as the store proudly displays signs about the Second Amendment and armed self-defense in a front window. A neighbor shared a similar sentiment while speaking with a local news outlet about Ron Cobb, Kenny’s father and owner of the store, stating, “Everybody knows he’s got weapons and that… You don’t rob that man. No one around here, they know better for years, He’s been a retired police officer and firefighter.”
    FULL STORY

April 9, 2014
    Gun carrying woman halts violent mob, The Detroit News, Detroit, Mich. 04/08/14, WJBK, Detroit, Mich. 04/08/14, WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 04/07/14

Steve Utash was driving in Detroit, Mich. when he accidentally struck a 10-year-old boy with his vehicle. Retired nurse Deborah Hughes was inside her nearby home at the time, and once she became aware of the accident, she retrieved a .38-caliber pistol and went to see if she could help. While she was trying to comfort the injured boy, a mob began to attack Utash, who had stopped and gotten out of his vehicle. As the beating was taking place, Hughes rushed over to the crowd and told the mob, “Don’t kick him anymore, don’t hit him anymore, get back,” halting the attack. Hughes later told a local media outlet, “I had a gun in my pocket, I was ready to do some damage if I had to.” Following the incident, Detroit Police Chief James Craig referred to Hughes as a “Detroit hero.” Hughes made clear to a reporter that she is often armed stating, “You have to carry a gun around here… This neighborhood is terrible. I don’t walk around without my gun.”
    FULL STORY

April 8, 2014
    Store employee fights off armed robber, WAFB, Baton Rouge, La. 04/06/14

A masked man armed with a gun entered the H & C Food Mart in Lafayette, La., demanded money from an employee, and fired a shot. The employee responded by retrieving a gun and returning fire, which caused the criminal to flee empty-handed.
    FULL STORY

April 7, 2014
    83-year-old homeowner shoots home invader, WAFF, Huntsville, Ala. 04/05/14

An 83-year-old man was at home in Huntsville, Ala. when there was a knock at his backdoor from a man claiming to need help. When the elderly homeowner did not immediately open the door, the man forced his way inside the home by kicking in the door. The homeowner responded to the threat by retrieving a handgun and shooting the home invader in the chest. Upon being struck, the criminal fled.
    FULL STORY

April 4, 2014
    Woman scares off fugitive, Access North Georgia, Ga. 04/02/14

A fugitive on the run from the law in Stephens County, Ga. broke into a store and approached a woman inside. The woman responded to the threat by retrieving a handgun and firing it at the wanted man, causing him to flee. Following the encounter with the armed citizen, the fugitive was captured by law enforcement. Stephens County Sheriff Randy Shirley said of the armed woman, “Good job to the brave female who was on her property minding her business.”
    FULL STORY

April 1, 2014
    Armed homeowner fights off armed home invaders, The Bismarck Tribune, Bismarck, N.D. 03/31/14

Jeff Gegelman was at home in Golden Valley, N.D. when three men in a car drove onto his property, then knocked on his door. Suspicious, Gegelman retrieved a .22-caliber pistol and watched as the men returned to the vehicle, and then as two of the men returned to the house. The pair of men then forced open the door, at which point Gegelman leveled his gun at the intruders and told them, “You came to the wrong house today.” Gegelman and the home invaders exchanged fire, resulting in wounds to both Gegelman and one of the intruders. Following the exchange, the criminals fled, but not before Gegelman was able to record the license plate of the car they were driving. Police captured the wounded home invader a short time later, as he was seeking medical attention. Gegelman has been released from the hospital, and has told a local news outlet that he intends to acquire “a bigger gun and more bullets.”
    FULL STORY

March 25, 2014
    Armed customer halts syringe-wielding attacker, The Detroit Free Press, Detroit, Mich. 03/25/14

An admitted heroin addict was confronted outside a Home Depot in Roseville, Mich. by two loss prevention officers that suspected him of shoplifting. When the employees tried to apprehend the man, he responded by drawing a syringe from his jacket and slashing at the personnel, striking one of the employees several times. A customer, and Right-to-Carry permit holder, witnessed the incident, drew a gun and ordered the addict to halt his attack. The attacker initially complied, then attempted to flee as police approached, but was captured by law enforcement shortly after. Roseville Police Chief James Berlin told a local new outlet that the Right-to-Carry permit holder will be put up for a citizen’s award.
    FULL STORY

March 21, 2014
    Clerks fight off armed robber, KTRK, Houston, Texas, 03/15/14

An armed robber entered a Phillips 66 gas station in Houston, Texas and demanded money from the clerks on duty. The clerks responded by retrieving firearms and exchanging gunfire with the criminal. Following an initial shootout, the robber retreated to the rear of the store and started throwing motor oil and windshield wiper fluid all over the store. The standoff between the clerks and gunman lasted for almost an hour, until one of the clerks shot the robber when he came out from behind an aisle. Not yet finished with his crime spree, the wounded criminal then started a fire in the store. Eventually police arrived at the store and captured the criminal. The owner of the store estimated that the robber caused close to $100,000 in damage to the store. Neither clerk was injured during the incident.
    FULL STORY

March 20, 2014
    Property owner defends himself against dog attack, KOIN, Portland, Ore. 03/18/14

A homeowner in Washington County, Ore. was walking his dog along his property when his neighbor’s Doberman Pinscher approached him and began to attack. The homeowner was carrying a shotgun at the time of the incident, and used it to fell the vicious dog. Following the shooting, Cpl. Nick Markos of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office told a local news outlet, “As a citizen you have the right to protect yourself from injury or harm, even death,... In this situation he carried a shotgun with him because he was working on his property and the dog chased after him, attempted to attack him and he ended up shooting him.”
    FULL STORY

March 18, 2014
    Pizza delivery driver frightens off armed robber, The Fayetteville Observer, Fayetteville, N.C. 03/14/14

26-year-old pizza delivery driver Ashley Marie Hurd was delivering a pizza in to an address in Fayetteville, N.C. when an armed robber confronted her from behind. The criminal put a gun to Hurd’s head and demanded cash. Hurt responded by drawing her own gun, which prompted the robber to flee.
    FULL STORY

March 14, 2014
    Indiana lawmakers sign Right-to-Carry legislation

The measure, supported by the National Rifle Association, cleared the Senate on a 38-10 vote. The House followed suit, voting 75-24 and sending the measure to Gov. Mike Pence for consideration.
    FULL STORY

March 14, 2014
    Michigan: House passes gun records confidentiality bills

The House moved to broaden gun owners' rights Thursday by voting to reaffirm the confidential status of gun records, clarify the definition of "brandishing" a gun and lift a ban on short-barreled rifles.A Republican package of bills passed by a wide margin, with 81-28 being the closest vote. The bills would codify a 1999 Michigan Supreme Court decision that found the disclosure of gun registry records to be "a clearly unwarranted invasion of an individual's privacy."
    FULL STORY

March 14, 2014
    New Jersey: Gun advocates, foes debate magazine limits

To gun-rights advocates, the legislation at best represented a misguided attempt to stem violence that would only embolden criminals at the expense of law-abiding citizens. At worst, they detected a ruse whose end game was to confiscate all guns.
    FULL STORY

February 25, 2014
    Right-to-Carry permit holder fells robber, My Fox Detroit, Detroit, Mich. 02/22/14, WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 02/22/14, The Detroit News, 01/31/14

A woman was heading inside after pulling her car into the garage at her Detroit, Mich. home when a man armed with a gun attempted to rob her. In response, the resident, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, drew a gun and shot the attacker, killing him. The shooting marked the third recorded incident in a week in which armed Detroit residents defended themselves from criminal attack. This string of defensive gun uses follows a late-January statement by Detroit Police Chief James Craig, in which the he noted, “I did, in fact, say that good Americans, good Detroiters, if responsible, could get CPLs, and that it could — emphasis on the word ‘could’ — be a deterrent to violent crime. I said that because of my experience in four cities, having seen good Americans and good Detroiters that have CCWs, and what effect it has had on deterring violent crime.”
    FULL STORY

February 24, 2014
    Armed woman defends family from home invaders, KMOV, St. Louis, Mo. February 21, 2014

A woman and her family were sleeping in the upstairs of their Fenton, Mo. home when the woman awakened to the sound of the front door being opened. The woman retrieved a gun and went to the top of the stairs, where she spotted to intruders. The woman then fired at the criminals, causing them to flee.
    FULL STORY

February 20, 2014
    Mother uses semi-automatic rifle to protect her children, WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 02/18/14

A mother was at home with her children in Detroit, Mich. when three men, one of whom was armed with a handgun, broke into the house. The mother responded by retrieving a semi-automatic rifle and warning the intruders that she was armed. When the criminals persisted despite the warning, the mother fired at the home invaders. At first, all three intruders retreated outside the home, but the one armed with a pistol decided to try to enter the home again. The criminal’s reentry prompted another round of gunfire from the mother, at which point the armed home invader fled for good. Police captured the trio a short time later.
    FULL STORY

February 19, 2014
    Armed woman fights off purse snatcher, KATC, Lafayette, La. 02/11/14

A woman was sitting in her parked car in Lafayette, La. when a man approached the vehicle, opened the door, and grabbed her purse. The woman responded by retrieving a gun and ordering the criminal to drop her property, which he did. Police captured the would-be thief, who was held on $10,000 bail.
    FULL STORY

February 12, 2014
    76-year-old fells stun gun wielding robber, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C. 02/10/14

76-year-old Charles Petit was walking from his Lincolnville, S.C. home to his vehicle parked in the driveway when a 25-year-old criminal armed with a stun gun attacked the elderly homeowner and attempted to rob him. Petit responded by drawing a .38-caliber revolver and shooting the attacker, killing him. Following the incident, Petit was hospitalized for an injury to his face suffered during the altercation. A local business owner who knows Petit described him to a local media outlet as “a prince of a fellow,” and added, “I’m glad to know he wasn’t hurt any worse than he was.”
    FULL STORY

February 7, 2014
    Mother of two defends family from criminal wielding a machete and shotgun, WOOD, Grand Rapids, Mich. January 31, 2014

A mother of two was upstairs at home with her children in Iona County, Mich. when she heard a suspicious noise coming from the first floor. The woman retrieved a gun, went to the top of the stairs, and spotted a masked criminal armed with a machete and a shotgun through a window next to the home’s front door. The armed homeowner raised the firearm at the criminal, prompting the would-be intruder to retreat from the door. Eventually police arrived on the scene and captured the suspect, following a brief chase. In an interview with a local media outlet following the incident, the armed mother stated, “I honestly think the gun saved my life.”
    FULL STORY

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Cry, for they have the ear of the masses.
    So called credible sources.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

$$LIARS$$
    $$GONNA$$
    $$LIE$$

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I think you're all missing the point. Those people owned guns, therefore they are not "good guys."

Duh.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I think you're all missing the point. Those people owned guns, therefore they are not "good guys."

Duh.
    Liberal logic sometimes escapes me.
    "The Patriarch"

Liberal logic...
    I have more faith in military intelligence, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I have more faith in military intelligence, myself.
    "The Patriarch"

These guys know they are spewing lies and they don't care. Point out all the cases of good guys stopping bad guys and they will just ignore you. They are counting on people listening to their emotional appeal, and for them to acknowledge their lies would only interrupt their anti-gun, big government message.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    These guys know they are spewing lies and they don't care. Point out all the cases of good guys stopping bad guys and they will just ignore you. They are counting on people listening to their emotional appeal, and for them to acknowledge their lies would only interrupt their anti-gun, big government message.
    That is why the better comeback line would be "You must not pay much attention to the news."
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Shannon Watts is an ignorant twit.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Well, you know, I have a long-time affinity for pot, which I wouldn't have had if I had never tried it, and I would never have tried it if it wasn't so obvious that the only information out there on it at the time was damned lies.

Keep on lying about guns, geniuses.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Baptiste said.

Bad Guys with guns are only stopped by good guns with guns.

A good guy without a gun has never stopped a bad guy with a gun.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Liberal logic sometimes escapes me.
    Buh-WHA?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

What a stupid statement... Haven't the ever seen a Clint Eastwood movie?

What a stupid statement... Haven't they ever seen a Clint Eastwood movie?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a statement made by someone under blind faith, not of fact.

I buy that they actually believe that statement.
    I think they honestly think that.

It's what they want to be the truth. They remove any doubt in their head, and brainwash themselves. You could show them the facts to their face, it doesn't matter. The only thing that will make them believe otherwise, is to personally see someone stop a violent criminal themselves. Even then some won't let go of what they want to think.

Their belief in gun control crowds out reality, and with that center to their worldview, they mentally push the requirements for proving wrong their adopted thinking, into this logic free realm of irrational hyper-skepticism.

You know people talk about religious folk being stubborn over stuff that can't be easily and with absolute certainty, proven by science, but I'll tell you I've never seen anyone as stubborn and certain as a marxist communist, a gun control advocate, or a person who's decided on a presidential primary candidate. You could show them everything there is to offer on why they're wrong and they will go on to with their faith, because it's what they want to believe.

So perhaps if presumed true, the better question to follow-up with then is why is such the case? Why are bad guys let to run around with guns, while the good guys—excluding law enforcement personnel—are left without guns? Is this attributed to the misguided efforts of close-minded, misconceived, non-insightful, sophomoric, idiots and morons?

Regardless, the question should not whether or not it has happened, but whether or not such a scenario plausible; which of course it is.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Chalk another one up on the scoreboard: http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/sto...SU2jJyeFLtvZXQ (funny video included, one idiot attempts a failed counter-hop.)

One man pulls out a handgun, points it at the victim and demands money. That's when the owner hears the commotion, and comes out from the back with a shotgun. Both suspects then run away.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Had someone try to tell me this yesterday; didn't work out for em. Their ignorance basically handed me the victory.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast