Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman eats pair of 72-ounce steak dinners -- in less than 15 minutes

Woman eats pair of 72-ounce steak dinners -- in less than 15 minutes

Wow. Dang, that girl can eat.

On Monday, Molly Schuyler ate two 72-ounce steak meals at The Big Texan Steak Ranch.

In less than 15 minutes.

After breakfast.

“We witnessed history,” Big Texan co-owner Danny Lee said. “If there’s a zombie apocalypse, I want to stay away from this girl.”

Schuyler, a competitive eater from Bellevue, Neb., finished her first medium-rare steak in less than 5 minutes to set the record for fastest time to eat the dinner.

She rushed to finish the first steak and the sides, including a baked potato, shrimp, a salad and a bread roll, she said.

“The second one, I wasn’t going really for time,” she said. “There was no point. I had to do it in under an hour, so I was fine.”

The self-described “bottomless pit” is no stranger to gastric glory. In January, she devoured a record 363 wings in 30 minutes at a competition in Philadelphia, earning a $22,000 prize, according to philly.com. She was listed as being 5-foot-7 and weighing 125 pounds at that contest. She probably weighed about 10 pounds heavier after eating both steak dinners Monday.

Lee said Schuyler’s slight frame belies her eating ability and makes her accomplishment that much more remarkable.

“Molly had called about a year ago, she said, and we took it as a hoax,” Lee said. “This little girl walked in here and … she’s one of the daintiest, smallest ladies that I’ve see try the 72-ounce steak.”

But she’s not finished yet. Schuyler said she plans to return to the Big Texan with the goal of eating three of the steak dinners in one sitting.

Schuyler offered advice to anyone who would want to try the challenge.

“Just be careful when you eat steak,” she said. “It’s a very chokeable food.”
    http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...der-15-minutes

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

________^
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

She's not fat and she's an anarchist.

I'm guessing she is 30 pounds of tapeworm.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm guessing she is 30 pounds of tapeworm.
    Ya, see, without government who would kill the tapeworms?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post

not sexy
    Not if I'm paying. And she doesn't loudly burp enough for my tastes. Ya gotta give compliments to the chef.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-02-2014 at 02:53 PM.

She was listed as being 5-foot-7 and weighing 125 pounds at that contest.
    I was thinking three times that in weight.

Shame on me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man, most men couldn't afford to take her out to dinner.

Unreal. I was expecting something more like this:

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Now that is impressive..

Everyone has a talent.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I thinking she must have found a way using her head more than physical aggression like being hoped up on testosterone.

Maybe she found a way to really stretch her stomach out in preparation for taking these places to the cleaners.

Expensive date. I'm glad my wife is a vegetarian, she still is a cheap date.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I used my handy little (Free) converter and 72 ounces came out to 4.5 pounds of meat. That's a hunk of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I used my handy little (Free) converter and 72 ounces came out to 4.5 pounds of meat. That's a hunk of meat.
    And she ate two of them inside of 15 mins. Plus all the fixins.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

That ain't enjoyin' food.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My sincerest compliments to Ms. Schuyler!

I've eaten at the Big Texan a few times. It's a fascinating place to visit. It's just north of the interstate (I-40) off of exit 74 in Amarillo. The place advertises on billboards for a couple hundred miles in both directions on I-40. And their steaks really are good.... but the biggest thing I've ever tackled is their 20 ounce Ribeye.

The tables are set up in a giant dining hall decorated like an old time western saloon. It's an odd combination of tourist trap mixed with "B" Western matinee, and all topped off with a big dollop of Cowboy nostalgia.

I once considered taking their 72 ounce steak challenge. I took one look at the size of the thing and my first thought was, "Nope. No way." The thing is huge. I mean, freakin' HUGE. And to complete the challenge successfully, you also have to finish off the sides that come with the steak. The sides are a baked potato, a dinner roll, a salad and a shrimp cocktail.

Yep. All that. I am flabbergasted that the lady ate an entire second round. I would be dead after attempting the FIRST 72 ounce steak.

Sticf with mud thingy, suzanimal, if you want my opinion
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post

not sexy
    That girl is a gnawing machine!
    "The Patriarch"

“Just be careful when you eat steak,” she said. “It’s a very chokeable food.”
    //
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not if I'm paying. And she doesn't loudly burp enough for my tastes. Ya gotta give compliments to the chef.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Man, most men couldn't afford to take her out to dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Expensive date. I'm glad my wife is a vegetarian, she still is a cheap date.
    You only pay for that meal if you don't finish it. Most people do pay--and eat it for three days or so (or it's shared by a party of four or so)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I eat there pretty much every time I pass through Amarillo. It's good steak and a few years ago they started brewing their own beer. I just don't have the balls she has to try the 72 oz challenge. She's got one hell of a stomach. My stomach would never forgive me.

I'm pretty sure I could eat the 72 oz steak. It's the side dishes that would get me. You have to eat those too.

Hell , if I eat a 16 oz ribeye , salad , mashed potatoes and shrimp , skip the nasty ass dinner roll , two beers , I have to take a nap , this is why I bought Mrs Oyarde her first pr of shoes and taught her to drive. So I can sleep on the way home . LOL

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jeez. I'd love to know how many calories and a macro break down.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wasn't this lady on Tosh? I remember him doing a segment with some girl sitting at a table with him grotesquely eating copious amounts of food mostly with her hands.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

All that meat would give me a 24 hour pregnancy.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

That's the 1x video, here is the "2x meals
    in 15 minutes" YouTube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESCB_-8L994

Oh, and FYI, she is NOT "Mrs. Creosote".

Wow, what a great job, I can't imagne how
    you go girl...

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    My sincerest compliments to Ms. Schuyler!

I've eaten at the Big Texan a few times. It's a fascinating place to visit. It's just north of the interstate (I-40) off of exit 74 in Amarillo. The place advertises on billboards for a couple hundred miles in both directions on I-40. And their steaks really are good.... but the biggest thing I've ever tackled is their 20 ounce Ribeye.

The tables are set up in a giant dining hall decorated like an old time western saloon. It's an odd combination of tourist trap mixed with "B" Western matinee, and all topped off with a big dollop of Cowboy nostalgia.

I once considered taking their 72 ounce steak challenge. I took one look at the size of the thing and my first thought was, "Nope. No way." The thing is huge. I mean, freakin' HUGE. And to complete the challenge successfully, you also have to finish off the sides that come with the steak. The sides are a baked potato, a dinner roll, a salad and a shrimp cocktail.

Yep. All that. I am flabbergasted that the lady ate an entire second round. I would be dead after attempting the FIRST 72 ounce steak.
    I think that's enough food for a week, for normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You only pay for that meal if you don't finish it. Most people do pay--and eat it for three days or so (or it's shared by a party of four or so)...
    I know.

She needs to get sponsored by roto-rooter or something similar, maybe a toilet manufacturer -- "guaranteed not to get clogged". Maybe she can be a witness at the next senate hearing on low flush toilets.

yeah, I went there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast