Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Turner running for OK-5

Mike Turner running for OK-5

State Rep. Mike Turner, age 27, is running for Congress. He's only been a state Rep. for one term, but he has accomplished a lot. See his Daily Caller op-ed: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/02/we...y-in-oklahoma/

You may have heard of him. He is the guy who proposed getting government out of the marriage business: http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/...kes-sense/4990

It sounds like he is pretty liberty oriented. Here's his website: http://mikeforthehouse.com

There's a dozen candidates running, so this seat is literally up for grabs. In the only poll I found, Turner is third, but the top three candidates nabbed 11.6, 11.4, and 11.2 percent respectively, so he is basically leading.

Here is the poll: http://www.news9.com/story/25530865/...e-up-for-grabs

This will be in an interesting race to keep an eye on.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is his votesmart page, I will start looking through it. Please do likewise, Y'all.

http://votesmart.org/candidate/13895...r#.U4zPSCgT7kE
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

No! turner is NOT a liberty candidate. As I stated in another thread, this race is the biggest missed opportunity in the midterm elections. There is no really worthwhile candidate in this race. Unfortunately, the ideal candidate would have been Charles Key, but he declined to run in spite of MANY people encouraging him to do so (it is speculated that he didn't want to have to live in DC). I believe Steve Dickson (another well known liberty activist and Ron Paul supporter) is also in this district, and also declined to run. So we're stuck with no real good choice here. There has been much discussion in OK about who the best candidate is for CD5 (and it being my district, I've been following this very closely). jolley is a HELL NO. jett is a NO. Both are enemies of liberty, and are arrogant bastards who have derailed good legislation at every attempt. turner is a NO. The only good thing that can be said about him is he did vote to nullify real id. Like shannon, he says the right things, but for the most part does something else. Look beyond the pandering rhetoric on his website, and don't be fooled. The apparent best candidate is Sparks, who used to work for Bridenstine. However, even he isn't much of a candidate, and is more of a huckster / santorum type than anything else. Even so, he is still looking like the lesser evil among all the crappy candidates running for CD5. The only good news for this district in the midterms is that we get rid of wankford. Instead paying much attention to CD5, donate to Brogdon, Dax, or any of the other genuine Liberty Candidates running in OK.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    No! turner is NOT a liberty candidate. As I stated in another thread, this race is the biggest missed opportunity in the midterm elections. There is no really worthwhile candidate in this race. Unfortunately, the ideal candidate would have been Charles Key, but he declined to run in spite of MANY people encouraging him to do so (it is speculated that he didn't want to have to live in DC). I believe Steve Dickson (another well known liberty activist and Ron Paul supporter) is also in this district, and also declined to run. So we're stuck with no real good choice here. There has been much discussion in OK about who the best candidate is for CD5 (and it being my district, I've been following this very closely). jolley is a HELL NO. jett is a NO. Both are enemies of liberty, and are arrogant bastards who have derailed good legislation at every attempt. turner is a NO. The only good thing that can be said about him is he did vote to nullify real id. Like shannon, he says the right things, but for the most part does something else. Look beyond the pandering rhetoric on his website, and don't be fooled. The apparent best candidate is Sparks, who used to work for Bridenstine. However, even he isn't much of a candidate, and is more of a huckster / santorum type than anything else. Even so, he is still looking like the lesser evil among all the crappy candidates running for CD5. The only good news for this district in the midterms is that we get rid of wankford. Instead paying much attention to CD5, donate to Brogdon, Dax, or any of the other genuine Liberty Candidates running in OK.
    I won't ask you how he is not a liberty candidate (double negative) but what is bad about him?

I just found out GOA and NAGR endorsed him: http://mikeforthehouse.com/gun-owner...ner-for-ok-05/
    https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfMi...534008/?type=1
    Last edited by TaftFan; 06-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I won't ask you how he is not a liberty candidate (double negative) but what is bad about him?

I just found out GOA and NAGR endorsed him: http://mikeforthehouse.com/gun-owner...ner-for-ok-05/
    https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfMi...534008/?type=1
    Like shannon, he talks a good game and says many of the right things, but has worked behind the scenes to kill good legislation in committee (which of course does not show up in his record). Another corporate shill, just like shannon, wankford, jolley, jett, etc, etc. There is no good candidate running in CD5. The cause of liberty is best advanced by donating to Brogdon, Dax, or any of the other genuine Liberty Candidates running in OK (or anywhere else). Don't waste your time or your donation dollars with CD5.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Dax open carrying on the campaign trail > GOA endorsement for turner

Like shannon, he talks a good game and says many of the right things, but has worked behind the scenes to kill good legislation in committee (which of course does not show up in his record). Another corporate shill, just like shannon, wankford, jolley, jett, etc, etc. There is no good candidate running in CD5. The cause of liberty is best advanced by donating to Brogdon, Dax, or any of the other genuine Liberty Candidates running in OK (or anywhere else). Don't waste your time or your donation dollars with CD5.
    Do you have any solid information? Specifics?

I messaged him and asked him which 5 Congressmen he looks forward to working with, so we'll see if he responds.

I don't have any money to donate, so don't worry about that.

I didn't like what I read about Turner and his campaign manager told me via email that Turner would have a foreign policy platform to announce AFTER he met with AIPAC a couple months ago. No thanks.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I messaged him and asked him which 5 Congressmen he looks forward to working with, so we'll see if he responds.

TaftFan: all the candidates are listed here, message them too if you like: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G14/OK
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I didn't like what I read about Turner and his campaign manager told me via email that Turner would have a foreign policy platform to announce AFTER he met with AIPAC a couple months ago. No thanks.
    I think you are getting Mike Turner mixed up with Ian Hunter again. Or, at least that is what you clarified in the liberty candidates thread.

Sure, I can try to get some more specific info for you. CD5 has been a big point of discussion among liberty folks here in OK recently. However, most of that discussion has been taking place on FB, which I don't have, so it will take me a bit of time.

Don't worry, I don't have the $ to donate either. Brogdon does need phone banking volunteers, though. You can sign up for that on his website. Other OK Liberty Candidates are looking for phone banking volunteers as well. Even without donation dollars, there are still plenty of ways to get in on the action, even if you're out of state. Have you called / faxed / emailed the tv stations yet about excluding Brogdon from yet another debate?

I think you are getting Mike Turner mixed up with Ian Hunter again. Or, at least that is what you clarified in the liberty candidates thread.
    Maybe. Doesn't matter since Turner has no foreign policy section on his website, which has proven to be a sure sign that he's owned by the MIC/AIPAC.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Maybe. Doesn't matter since Turner has no foreign policy section on his website, which has proven to be a sure sign that he's owned by the MIC/AIPAC.
    Actually, a guy I campaigned for once did not have a foreign policy section because he was a non-interventionist. He nearly won. I'm not saying Turner is.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

"Doesn't matter"? I don't get why you are being so careless. This is the second time you have said this about Mike Turner, when it is really Ian Hunter of New York.

"Maybe"? I thought you sent the email?

To the contrary, I usually see a lack of mention of foreign policy a good sign. Hawks purposely try to make their views known. But if he responds to my question, I follow up by asking him about foreign policy.

Okay, everyone. After seeing how much sudden interest there is here, and mulling it over a bit, I'm going to lay out a good bit of info. I was hoping that my word would be enough that there is no good candidate in the OK5 race (that decided to run), and that the attention needs to be focused on any or all of the other elections in OK that have excellent and viable Liberty Candidates running in them! Since I moved to OK a year and a half ago, I did exactly this same research and have been following state-level politics as closely as possible, to find out who the good and bad guys are, and starting working on supporting the good guys. Where does anyone think that our candidates for US Congress and the Senate come from? Rand was the exception. Think Amash and Massie. It's just as important to support state-level candidates as it is to support candidates on a national level. Randy Brogdon is being subject to a media blackout here in OK, and he is the one (the ONLY one) good national level candidate who is running for an open seat. The CD4 and CD3 races have Liberty Candidates running in primaries. We have a very good and very real chance to elect one of our Parking Lot Delegates as Governor. And a bunch of candidates running for open seats in the State Legislature. ALL of these candidates should be supported in whatever means possible, because here is another batch of Massies and Amashes stepping both in and stepping up. This goes for all red districts in all states, not just in OK. OK simply is a prime example right now, as we have more Liberty Candidates running than anywhere else right now (Keith has not yet made that claim for NH, nor am I aware of it being made elsewhere, nor am I personally aware of any other place with as many grassroots verified and vetted Liberty Candidates running in this midterm - someone please correct me if I happen to be wrong in this claim). This is why CD5 is a waste of time, and why I plead with anyone who reads this thread to forget about the CD5 race and turn your effort / attention / donations to any or all of the other OK Liberty Candidates instead. With that said, here is some info on these other clowns that I've gleaned over the last year and a half. This all comes from downloaded pdf. I did not save the links where they came from, just the pdf, so if you want to download it and see for yourself, they should be easy enough to search for and find online.

My first installment will be from the Edmond Sun from 4/24/10 (formatting as original, sorry about that):
    EDITOR'S NOTE: Below is a scorecard provided by OKWatchdog.org exclusively for Edmond Sun readers. It offers a glance at how local legislators are voting on key issues monitored by the nonprofit consumer advocacy group. It also offers the organization's opinion about the legislation. The following is compiled by OKWatchdog.org Executive Director Jeff Raymond.
    HOUSE BILL 3026
    Summary: This bill implements a number of reforms intended to modernize the School Land Trust.
    Vote: Governor signed
    Sen. Todd Lamb: Aye
    Sen. Clark Jolley: Aye
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Rep. Ken Miller: Aye
    Rep. Lewis Moore: Aye
    Rep. Jason Murphey: Aye
    Our take: The School
    Land Trust is a constitutional, non-state-funded agency that administers school land trust funds to provide income for cornmon and higher education. Much of the trust's land is in the Panhandle. The School Land Trust has been in the news after a former auditor was accused of embezzling more than $1 million. Money comes from royalty payments and other use of the land.
    HOUSE BILL 2276
    Summary: This bill allows police to cite drivers for "distracted driving."
    Rep. Marian Cooksey: Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel: Aye
    Rep. Ken Miller: Excused
    Rep. Lewis Moore: Excused
    Our take: The bill's author, Rep. Rex Duncan, R-Sand Springs, said this bill is a "nice compromise" between keeping people from being penalized for using a cell phone while driving and addressing a pressing public safety concern. Although other bills have dealt with
    texting while driving, this bill takes a broader — and probably more effective — approach. Although citations will be at the officer's
    discretion, people who talk on cell phones while driving or text while driving are dangerous to others. Most of us have done it. Maybe the threat of tickets will make us stop.
    HOUSE BILL 3015
    Summary: This bill provides incentives for
    "healthy corner stores"
    under the state
    Agriculture Department.
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Our take: North Tulsa,
    part of which the bill's
    author represents, has
    struggled to recruit and
    maintain a large chain
    grocery store. Hopefully
    offering low-interest loans
    will help keep the area,
    and others like it, from
    becoming permanent
    "food deserts."
    HOUSE BILL 2748
    Summary: This bill
    allows Oklahoma colleges
    and universities to
    become tobacco-free.
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Rep. Jason Murphey:
    Nay
    Our take: Opponents of
    this bill argued that it was
    part of the creeping
    encroachment on peo-
    ple's rights. While there's
    some truth to that claim,
    nonsmokers have just as
    much of a right not to be
    subjected to smoke as
    smokers have to light up.
    "Smokers' rights termi-
    nate when they start to
    impact my health," the
    bill's author, Sen. Jim
    Halligan, R-Stillwater,
    argued during floor
    debate on the bill. As
    Supreme Court justice
    Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
    once said, "The right to
    swing my fist ends where
    the other man's nose
    begins."
    SENATE BILL 2045
    deals with small-business
    health insurance ques-
    tionnaires. What we're
    interested in is an amend-
    ment to require insurers
    to treat claims of children
    with autism the same as
    those from children who
    don't have autism, if the
    claims aren't related to the
    disorder.
    Vote: Passed House and
    Senate
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Our take: Insurance
    coverage of autism isn't
    mandated. Yet if an insur-
    er otherwise covers a child
    with autism and the child
    breaks an arm or con-
    tracts pneumonia, insur-
    ers often deny claims even
    though they're entirely
    unrelated. The bill isn't
    about
    covering
    autism;
    it doesn't
    address
    the
    issue.
    Instead,
    it's about
    funda-
    mental
    fairness.
    If some-
    thing
    isn't
    related
    to
    autism
    and is
    covered for a child who
    doesn't have autism, it
    should be covered for a
    child who does. The
    Legislature did the right
    thing by voting to end this
    disparity.
    Next step: Governor's
    action
    SENATE BILL 1879
    requires rapes and other
    criminal acts in nursing
    homes to be reported
    immediately to law
    enforcement.
    Senate
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Rep. Lewis Moore:
    Excused
    Our take: Oklahoma has
    made much progress in
    improving nursing home
    care, but much work
    remains. Terrible crimes
    such as rape should be
    reported immediately to
    the police.
    Next step: Senate con-
    sideration of House
    changes
    SENATE BILL 1819
    Summary: This bill was
    changed in the House to
    allow 16-year-olds to
    donate blood.
    Senate
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Rep. Jason Murphey:
    Aye
    Our take: Blood donors
    currently must be at least
    18 years old. Allowing
    younger Oklahomans to
    donate blood will increase
    the number of donors and
    allow teenage donors to
    do something valuable
    instead of being excluded
    because of age.
    Next step: Senate con-
    sideration of House
    changes
    HOUSE BILL 1613
    Summary: This bill, by
    Rep. Randy McDaniel, R-
    Oldahoma City, makes
    information from the state
    Insurance Department
    involved in financial sol-
    vency studies, market-
    conduct exams and dis-
    count medical plans con-
    fidential.
    Senate (the bill failed in
    the Senate but was
    approved subsequently)
    Rep. Marian Cooksey:
    Aye
    Rep. Randy McDaniel:
    Aye
    Rep. Jason Murphey:
    Aye
    Our take: Nearly all
    internal insurance infor-
    mation already is confi-
    dential to the public. What
    need is there to expand
    the law to include addi-
    tional documents, audits
    and, especially, discount
    medical plans? Under this
    bill, a discount medical
    plan could fraudulently
    advertise its services (and
    they've been known to do
    just that), yet an attorney
    who represents the cheat-
    ed person couldn't sub-
    poena the materials.
    Whom is this aimed to
    protect? Not consumers.
    The bill's Senate author,
    Republican Cliff Aldridge
    of Midwest City, said it
    was intended to keep
    "anyone just walking in off
    the street and requesting
    it." A more lame excuse
    would be hard to come up
    with.
    Next step: Conference
    committee

I couldn't reproduce this chart easily at all from the pdf, but it's worth the download to see what bills the bad votes were on! Contains votes from:
    jett (running for CD5, score 7/10)
    Charles Key (declined to run for CD5, score 9/10)
    shannon (running for US Senate against Liberty Candidate Randy Brogdon in R primary, score 7/10)
    dorman (democrat running for governor, score 6/10) (Liberty Candidate Dax Ewbank running in R primary)
    pittman (democrat running for SD48 against Liberty Candidate Duane Crumbacher (unopposed in R primary), score 3/10)

http://www.ok-safe.com/files/documen...y_03182010.pdf

OK-SAFE, Inc.
    2010 OK House of Representatives 3rd Reading
    Limited Government Vote Summary
    March 2010
    Attached please find the OK-SAFE 2010 OK House of Representatives 3rd Reading Vote Summary, listing all 101 OK Representatives.
    Upon the 3rd reading of a bill, having received a majority of the floor votes, a bill advances to the opposite chamber. (This 'Engrossed' version of the bill is viewable at www.lsb.state.ok.us/ - Click Text of Measures, Click Engrossed.) This the version of the bill the Senate will be deliberating on. This Summary of House bills is not exhaustive, but rather highlights 10 bills from this session that are reflective of the growing political climate calling for constitutionally-limited government, and which are important to the citizens of Oklahoma, Of the 10 House bills listed voted on and advanced, 6 should have received a YEA vote, and 4 should have received a NAY vote to qualify as a constitutionally-limited vote. Five bills are noted that were not advanced, despite having had little or $0 fiscal impact The general guidelines for supporting a bill were that it promotes constitutionally-limited government, or was a pre-emptive bill against more federal intrusion or initiatives.
    The general guidelines for opposing a bill were that the bill increased the power, scope and reach of government beyond it's proper function or boundaries, and/or increased the use of technology as enforcer. (i.e surveillance).
    The Representatives 'Limited Government' score is to the right of the Nay vote columns.
    The assumption has been that since Oklahoma has a 'conservative' majority in the House, and having many members who campaigned on a limited government platform, that there would be not difficulty in passing limited government legislation. Yet HB 2317, Creating the OK Enumerated Powers Act, failed by a vote of 34 Yea and 60 Nays. (30 of the Yeas were Republicans while 28 of the Nays were Republicans) Five legislators scored a 9 out of a possible 10. (Rep. Charles Key would have scored a 10, but attended a funeral on 3/4/10 and missed one vote.) 'Excused' indicates the legislator was not present to vote.
    The five highest scoring House members were:
    Rep. George Faught (HD14-R) - 9
    Rep. Charles Key (HD90-R) - 9
    Rep. Jason Murphey (HD31-R) - 9
    Rep. Mike Ritze (HD80-R) - 9
    Rep. Paul Wesselhoft (HD54-R) - 9

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's another nice little scorecard chart, the "2012 RINO index highest to lowest"
    Charles Key (declined to run for CD5, score 95/100) (tied for top score)
    dorman (democrat running for governor, score 65/100) (Liberty Candidate Dax Ewbank running in R primary)
    pittman (democrat running for SD48 against Liberty Candidate Duane Crumbacher (unopposed in R primary), score 45/100)
    shannon (running for US Senate against Liberty Candidate Randy Brogdon in R primary, score 40/100)
    Note that on this scorecard, shannon actually scores lower than two democrats running in elections that have Liberty Candidates in them.

http://files.meetup.com/1484504/2012...o%20lowest.pdf

These are from the Oklahoma Constitution newspaper's 2013 scorecard chart:
    dorman (democrat running for governor, score 43/100) (Liberty Candidate Dax Ewbank running in R primary)
    pittman (democrat running for SD48 against Liberty Candidate Duane Crumbacher (unopposed in R primary), score 43/100)
    shannon (running for US Senate against Liberty Candidate Randy Brogdon in R primary, score 70/100)
    turner (running for CD5, score 69/100)

http://www.oklahomaconstitution.com/conhouse13.pdf

These are from the Oklahoma Constitution newspaper's 2012 scorecard chart:
    dorman (democrat running for governor, score 50/100) (Liberty Candidate Dax Ewbank running in R primary)
    pittman (democrat running for SD48 against Liberty Candidate Duane Crumbacher (unopposed in R primary), score 25/100)
    shannon (running for US Senate against Liberty Candidate Randy Brogdon in R primary, score 90/100)

http://www.oklahomaconstitution.com/conhouse12.pdf

These are from the Oklahoma Constitution newspaper's 2013 scorecard chart:
    Johnson (democrat running in US Senate primary, score 20/100) (note: see below)
    jolley (running for CD5, score 66/100)

Sorry, I couldn't easily find the link for this one.

Connie Johnson is an honest, Kucinich-type liberal democrat. Probably the biggest liberal in the entire State Legislature. Also one of the strongest civil liberties voices in the entire State Legislature. Co-authored SB464 (anti-real id legislation killed in committee) together with Randy Brogdon. Authored SB2116 to legalize MJ. Should she win and Brogdon lose their respective primaries, the US Senate race will present a difficult choice. I certainly can't give my vote to either shannon or wankford, and the only other choice is an L with no record.

These are from the Oklahoma Constitution newspaper's 2012 scorecard chart:
    Johnson (democrat running in US Senate primary, score 0/100) (note: yes, a zero)
    jolley (running for CD5, score 73/100)
    russell (running for CD5, score 66/100)

Sorry, I couldn't easily find a link for this one either. These scorecards don't tell the whole story. Neither does votesmart. In my experience, the votes (and non-voting sctions) that really seem to count the most aren't scored on the scorecards or votesmart. And of course a record in the State Legislature says nothing about a candidate's foreign policy positions. To really get a feel for these candidates, you have to observe what's actually happening in the State Legislature as it's happening. Only records of current and recent bills are kept online by the state's website and legiscan.com, and older bills are not archived online. One that I did happen to find and copy the roll call for (before the info disappeared) was HB1476 (2013 session), allowing for a religious exemption to real id:
    dorman (democrat running for governor, yes) (Liberty Candidate Dax Ewbank running in R primary)
    pittman (democrat running for SD48 against Liberty Candidate Duane Crumbacher (unopposed in R primary), yes)
    shannon (running for US Senate against Liberty Candidate Randy Brogdon in R primary, yes)
    turner (running for CD5, yes)

Any other info that I have or will have is by word of mouth from other trusted liberty activists. Hope you all find this info helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Actually, a guy I campaigned for once did not have a foreign policy section because he was a non-interventionist. He nearly won. I'm not saying Turner is.
    How did you get so much rep so fast?

invisible is trying to thread slide my post off.

Both are shill accounts.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-03-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Both are shill accounts.
    Seriously, lol?

I received a lot of rep due to posting things that people found interesting, and on the lighter side, posting entertaining memes and pictures here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?448000-Bestest-picture-thread-evaar!-%28The-trilogy%29

Both are shill accounts.
    I am not a shill, please take that back. What I posted was 100% true. I don't know anything about Turner, just sharing my experience. What have I posted that makes you think I'm a shill?
    Last edited by William Tell; 06-03-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously, lol?
    I thought this thread was about Mike Turner. You claimed he wasn't a liberty candidate, and then firehosed a bunch of unrelated information out (presumably in your distaste for Shannon).

If you want people to actually read what you post, then you need to do some information processing and put it into a format that is easy to decipher. You can then link to sources to provide credibility to your position and give people who want a chance to dig deeper.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Both are shill accounts.
    I have worked with William Tell a lot on liberty candidate issues. He is far from a shill, and unlike some others is willing to put in work and effort toward increasing liberty in his state.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    I thought this thread was about Mike Turner. You claimed he wasn't a liberty candidate, and then firehosed a bunch of unrelated information out (presumably in your distaste for Shannon).

If you want people to actually read what you post, then you need to do some information processing and put it into a format that is easy to decipher. You can then link to sources to provide credibility to your position and give people who want a chance to dig deeper.
    The info I provided not only did contain a bit about turner himself, but also info about other CD5 candidates, as well as candidates running in related elections against Liberty Candidates in OK. Therefore, it was all useful and relevant. Others in this thread had asked for information, and I provided it, since I had already done this very same research. Remember that turner has only been in office since 2013, so there isn't much to go on. I did provide links to these sources, where possible. And it is not always possible to reformat something so easily, I did apologize for that. Sometimes making the info available in an inconvenient form is better than not making it available at all. If you don't appreciate that, it's certainly easy enough to scroll past. If you can do better at digging up info on these people, then by all means, please enlighten everyone as to what my research has missed.

I will continue to provide additional information, but as I stated earlier, the difficulty with doing so is that there isn't much of anything else available online for everyone to see. Much of the information relating to why turner is bad has occured in FB discussions on the very same subject as this thread (which CD5 candidate is worthy of support), and I don't have FB. Therefore, this additional info has to be copied and pasted to me secondhand, and all I can do is to relay it. Again, that will make it difficult to confirm from verifiable sources. That means that you will just have to trust the word of myself and that of other liberty activists who are actually here on the ground in OK, and have been following what these people do in our state capitol. I don't know how closely acptulsa has been following these various state level politicians, but I do know that scrosnoe also follows things pretty closely, and I will ask her to also please provide her insight to this thread. Perhaps you'd be more willing to trust her word on this than mine. Or perhaps you'd rather just find out after the fact that I'm speaking the truth here, when one of these guys gets elected (whoever it may happen to be) and performs no better in Congress than they have as State Legislators.

Looks like someone at RedState (not me) noticed his Daily Caller article. This post made the front page. http://www.redstate.com/2014/06/03/m...-choice-ok-05/

I appreciate invisible's research and input to this thread - wish everyone was doing their homework in this district as it is a 'seat' of power and as such gains a lot of attention. I am not in District 5 but I do live in Oklahoma and hear all the scuttlebutt and have personal experiences with some of these people. My experience with Clark Jolley is not good. He likes to make Ron Paul supporters think he is a friend and then bash Ron Paul in 'private' I won't let him get away with it and have 'published' his email doing same. So he doesn't like me very much. The truth is the truth and he is bad news on that front and on his statist record. Ask anyone who works to protect personal rights in Oklahoma to confirm.

There are things I like about Mike Turner and also Russell and Sparks who are not polling as well. Bottom line for me is NOT Jolley or Douglass.

I keep praying for a miracle on the US Senate Race -- such a lost opportunity for us if we don't manage to get Randy Brogdon elected somehow...

Anyway that is my two cents on District 5 Oklahoma!

A bit more asking around among other liberty activists in OK has gleaned a little more information. Please keep in mind that the following are simply things I've been told by trusted fellow liberty activists, so I can't just provide a link to confirm. Support among liberty activists seems to be solidifying around sparks. I'm told that from what they say in campaign appearances, turner supports an aggressive, hawkish foreign policy, while sparks is much more of a non-interventionist who has stressed that the US has to stop being the policeman of the world. turner has tended to speak in very general, generic terms. To those who have gone up to him and expressed interest, sparks has been handing out a photocopied document of about 30 pages outlining detailed policy stances and proposals. I have made arrangements to obtain a copy of this document in the near future, and will scan and upload it online somewhere for all to see. Odd that he wouldn't just make it available on his website. A key person among liberty activists has made an unofficial and off the record endorsement of sparks (he did not wish to be named for some unknown reason). One person reported that they have started to see russell yard signs, and that every house having one also had a cop car parked in the driveway. So all of this is secondhand word of mouth, but keep in mind that this comes from other trusted liberty activists in or close to CD5. Hopefully I can get my hands on sparks' document soon.

I've been doing a bit of further research, attempting to tie turner to any particular Presidential candidate in the 2012 elections. I haven't found anything at all on this, but I did find the following:
    http://cayankee.blogs.com/cayankee/2...-in-ok-05.html
    Clark Jolley is regarded as the front runner by many, largely due to his name recognition due to his time in the state Senate. Jolley should be rejected. He has taken campaign contributions from former Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Turpen, who was also Hillary’s 2008 campaign chair in Oklahoma. As well as former Democrat Party Executive Director and union leader Pat Hall. In addition Jolley penned legislation to create an ObamaCare state exchange and implement Common Core.

Another contender is Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner Patrice Douglas. She’s led the fundraising thus far, and like Jolley, Douglas has accepted contributions from Democrats including former Democrat Party Executive Director and union leader Pat Hall. As the mayor of Edmon, Oklahoma, Douglas backed hiking electric rates by 8 percent in 2009, water and sewage rates by 10-20 percent the next year. Douglas is also a former president of Spirit Bank. She left that post the same year Spirit got $30 million in TARP funding, which the bank subsequently failed to repay.
    TaftFan, if you do not get a response to you message to turner, it's possible for me to simply go to his office and try to catch him there for a few questions in person (difficult or impossible for some legislators, very easy for others). I can walk there easily, and I'm sure I can find some current piece of legislation to make the trip down to the capitol to talk to some legislators worthwhile.

If anyone wants to bother to dig through recent legislation piece by piece, here's a link to do so:
    http://legiscan.com/gaits/search?sta...keyword=turner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast