Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current members of Team Liberty

Current members of Team Liberty

This is basically an update from the primaries, hopefuls, incumbents, well-known past candidates, and future candidates

US Senate
    Ted Cruz

US House
    Jeb Hensarling- District 5
    Eddie Zamora-District 15
    John Ratcliffe
    Brian Babin
    Will Hurd
    Louie Gohmert
    Randy Weber

Governor: N/A
    LT. Gov: N/A
    AG: Ken Paxton
    Comptroller:N/A
    Land Commissioner: N/A
    COG: N/A
    RC: N/A

TX House
    Bryan Hughes (District 5)
    Matt Schaefer (District 6)
    David Simpson (District 7)
    Mark Keough (District 15)
    James White (District 19)
    Scott Turner (District 33)
    Elijah Casas (District 41)
    Andrew Murr (District 53)
    Molly White (District 55)
    Phil Stephenson (District 85)
    Jodie Laubenberg (District 89)
    Jonathan Strickland (District 92)
    Matt Krause (District 93)
    Albert McDaniel (District 95)
    Giovanni Capriglione (District 98)
    Rodney Anderson (District 105)
    Matt Rinaldi (District 115)
    Rick Galindo (District 117)
    Dennis Paul (District 129)

TX Senate
    Bob Hall (District 2)
    Konni Burton (District 10)
    Don Huffines (District 16)
    John Lawson (District 23)
    David Hamilton (District 27)

People that ran but lost
    Jerry Patterson-Lt. Gov
    Katrina Pierson-US Congress
    TJ Fabby- TX House
    Phillip Eby- TX House
    Steve Stockman-US Senate
    Stefani Carter-TX House
    Ron Hale-TX Senate

Scored 90 or higher this session for votes:
    Bolded will be 100

TX House:
    Matt Rinaldi (District 115) New
    Matt Schaefer (District 6)
    Matt Shaheen (District 66) New
    Stuart Spitzer (District 4) New
    Johnathan Stickland (District 92)
    Tony Tinderholt (District 94) New
    Scott Turner (District 33)-Retiring
    Molly White (District 55) New

Matt Krause (District 98)
    David Simpson (District 7)
    Rodney Anderson (District 105)
    Scott Sanford (District 70)
    William Zedler (District 96)
    Pat Fallon (District 106)
    Jeff Leach (District 67)
    Dustin Burrows (District 83)
    Bryan Hughes (District 5)
    Stephanie Klick (District 91)

TX Senate:
    Konni Burton (District 10)
    Bob Hall (District 2)

Van Taylor (District 8)
    Don Huffines (District 16)
    Brian Birdwell (District 22)
    Brandon Creighton (District 4)
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 07-05-2015 at 07:03 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    This is basically an update from the primaries, hopefuls and for people that are more than likely going to win their seat.

US House
    Steve Stockman- District 36
    Am I missing anyone? Did I get some1 wrong?
    Babin won the GOP nomination for this district. Stockman is out.

http://ballotpedia.org/Texas%27_36th...lections,_2014

Ted Cruz??? LOL

US Senate
    Ted Cruz
    You are an idiot if you think Ted Cruz is Team Liberty. Mike Lee maybe, but not Ted Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Ted Cruz??? LOL
    I quit reading after seeing his name.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    You are an idiot if you think Ted Cruz is Team Liberty. Mike Lee maybe, but not Ted Cruz.

I don't really think Mike Lee is either. He's way too hawkish against Iran for me to seriously consider him. But Cruz is even worse. +rep. This was an excellent post.
    Ted Cruz is good enough.
    LOL!

Ted Cruz is good enough.
    Drat, I meant to +rep the post above this one rather than this one. Oh well. If I see you post something I do approve of later, I'll "forget" to +rep it

Ted Cruz is good enough.
    He is not on the ballot this year, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He is not on the ballot this year, though.
    Well I just wanted to list every1 in general. I probably should just note the candidates who are on the ballot this year

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I quit reading after seeing his name.

I don't really think Mike Lee is either. He's way too hawkish against Iran for me to seriously consider him. But Cruz is even worse. +rep. This was an excellent post.

LOL!
    Ted Cruz is with us on a lot of issues. You don't need to be a complete Ron Pauler to be with us. If you are a Constitutionalist/Conservative/Libertarian, you are with us. If you have an objection, please explain why.

Steve Toth is in a special election runoff for senate district 4.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well I just wanted to list every1 in general. I probably should just note the candidates who are on the ballot this year

Ted Cruz is with us on a lot of issues. You don't need to be a complete Ron Pauler to be with us. If you are a Constitutionalist/Conservative/Libertarian, you are with us. If you have an objection, please explain why.
    Ted certainly isn't a constitutionalist or a libertarian. He isn't even a real conservative, but frankly I think conservative is a term that has lost all real meaning. I usually say that neocons aren't real conservatives and limit my "conservative" term to refer to paleocons, libertarian-leaning people that aren't quite libertarian, and the like. People like Pat Buchanan, Rand Paul, and Chuck Baldwin. But, we could just as easily say that neocons are the real conservatives and that conservatism is crap. Either way, Ted Cruz is a warmonger and thus not a fiscal conservative. He's also pro-federal involvement in the drug war, which makes him not constitutional. He's also voted to give the Feds medical info. and he wanted to go to war in Syria.

If Ted Cruz is the standard for constitutionalist, libertarian, or conservative, than I want nothing to do with any of those things. I don't stand behind him at all.

Ted Cruz is with us only on issues where the rest of the conservatives also agree with the libertarians (fiscal issues, Obamacare etc.). Cruz is strongly _against_ us on foreign policy. Not only is he not with us, he strongly campaigns against us and keeps rubbing it in our face. He is trying to position himself as in between McCain and Rand Paul on FP, but for that, he needs to paint Rand as an "isolationist" and McCain as an uber-hawk, while in reality he is really with McCain on FP. Just look at the crowd he mingles with - Israel-first, Zionist organizations (CUFI, AIPAC, John Hagee, Emergency Committee for Israel types). Each powwow he gets into with these people, he over-hawks his previous stances. Next he is going to Israel to fellate Netanyahu's dong. How the $#@! is he TeamLiberty?! Unless you think foreign policy doesn't matter?

I find Hagee's influence somewhat odd considering even most dispensationalists believe that every saved man believes in Jesus Christ, yet Hagee believes that the Jews can save themselves through following OT law. And then of course there's his neocon foreign policy. Why do people keep falling for their schemes? I don't know.

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on Lee? Do you actually trust him? I know he's more quiet than either Rand or Cruz. I'm not as afraid of him and doubt he's going to try to beat Rand for the Presidency. But policywise, he seems more like Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Ted certainly isn't a constitutionalist or a libertarian. He isn't even a real conservative, but frankly I think conservative is a term that has lost all real meaning. I usually say that neocons aren't real conservatives and limit my "conservative" term to refer to paleocons, libertarian-leaning people that aren't quite libertarian, and the like. People like Pat Buchanan, Rand Paul, and Chuck Baldwin. But, we could just as easily say that neocons are the real conservatives and that conservatism is crap. Either way, Ted Cruz is a warmonger and thus not a fiscal conservative. He's also pro-federal involvement in the drug war, which makes him not constitutional. He's also voted to give the Feds medical info. and he wanted to go to war in Syria.

If Ted Cruz is the standard for constitutionalist, libertarian, or conservative, than I want nothing to do with any of those things. I don't stand behind him at all.
    You distinguish between libertarians and conservatives so where is your warrant for Cruz not being a conservative? Fiscal conservatism and positions on war are two entirely different things. Yes, I admit he's bad on some social issues and the federal drug war is only unconstitutional because it wasn't declared. I admit he's a hawk. Goldwater was a hawk too. In all honesty, I never asked you to stand with him. Oh and on Syria, you are wrong. He said he would vote no and gave legitimate reasons. That's when I began reconsidering him.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Ted Cruz is with us only on issues where the rest of the conservatives also agree with the libertarians (fiscal issues, Obamacare etc.). Cruz is strongly _against_ us on foreign policy. Not only is he not with us, he strongly campaigns against us and keeps rubbing it in our face. He is trying to position himself as in between McCain and Rand Paul on FP, but for that, he needs to paint Rand as an "isolationist" and McCain as an uber-hawk, while in reality he is really with McCain on FP. Just look at the crowd he mingles with - Israel-first, Zionist organizations (CUFI, AIPAC, John Hagee, Emergency Committee for Israel types). Each powwow he gets into with these people, he over-hawks his previous stances. Next he is going to Israel to fellate Netanyahu's dong. How the $#@! is he TeamLiberty?! Unless you think foreign policy doesn't matter?
    He was with us on Syria, TSA, NDAA, and a lot of other issues. Yes he's a hawk but he's still better than every other senator except for 2. I'm pretty sure every president libertarians like one way or another was hawkish as well in some form. He's less interventionist than neocons and that's a good sign.
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 06-03-2014 at 01:00 AM.

He was with us on Syria, TSA, NDAA, and a lot of other issues. Yes he's a hawk but he's still better than every other senator except for 2. I'm pretty sure every president libertarians like one way or another was hawkish as well in some form. He's less interventionist than neocons and that's a good sign.
    Ted Cruz started off his Syria position by claiming that we should go into Syria and secure their chemical weapons stockpile. Then when he saw that the country wanted nothing to do with Syria, and was strongly aligned with Rand's position, Cruz changed his tune. Even then he was not forceful about it. You could see that he avoided the topic and was pissed that Rand stole the limelight on Syria.

If you're going to include Hensarling and Cruz, then you might as well add Brian Babin, Will Hurd, John Ratcliffe, Randy Weber and Louie Gohmert too.
    Last edited by compromise; 06-03-2014 at 09:55 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    If you're going to include Hensarling and Cruz, then you might as well add Brian Babin, Will Hurd, John Ratcliffe, Randy Weber and Louie Gohmert too.
    Randy Weber is not better than Roger Williams and the other average TX GOP congressmen. Hard to compare Cruz, since the Senate is a bit different. I certainly would not include him though.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Oh and on Syria, you are wrong. He said he would vote no and gave legitimate reasons. That's when I began reconsidering him.

He is not with us on Syria as of now:

May 28, 2014
    The Senate Armed Services Committee passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which included a provision that would authorize the Department of Defense to train and equip Syrian forces.
    The NDAA was reported out of committee on a 25-1 vote. Lee was the only senator on the committee to oppose the legislation.
    Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) said Wednesday that if President Obama increases military aid to Syrian rebels, it could be like “pouring gas on a fire.” http://www.dailypaul.com/320003/ted-...which-included
    Political maneuvering.

Submitted by ProudAmericanFirst on Tue, 06/03/2014 - 07:25. Permalink
    Cruz voted no on the NDAA, knowing full well that it would pass. He then comes in from the rear and votes YES on the provision that would authorize the Department of Defense to train and equip Syrian forces.
    It is all planned before hand.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/320003/ted-...omment-3420243
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Well Weber voted to raise the debt ceiling. I didn't really want to include average people. If you guys want me to, that's fine too

I went through the C4L and looked at people that answered yes for all of the questions or no for just one question. These are people that aren't on the list already.

State House:
    Rick Miller District 26-100% (lol he's a fraud)
    Mark Keough District 15-100%
    Elijah Casas District 41 (No for texting while driving)
    Andrew Murr District 53 100%
    Phil Stephenson District 85 100%
    Albert McDaniel District 95 100%
    Rodney Anderson District 105 100%
    Rick Galindo District 117 100%
    Dennis Paul District 129 100%

That's potentially 20 people in the House. if the challengers stay principled or didn't lie on the C4L survey. If this pans out, we could have a little over 10% of the House apart of Team Liberty and about 20% of the GOP in the House apart of Team Liberty

TX Senate:
    Bob Hall District 2 100%
    Ron Hale District 15 100%
    John Lawson District 23 100%

Any significant info on these candidates?

I think Ron Hale is great, but it's a Democratic district.
    Rodney Anderson defeated a Rino Incumbent, he should be pretty good. Don't know exactly how good.
    Last edited by William Tell; 06-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I think Ron Hale is great, but it's a Democratic district.
    Rodney Anderson defeated a Rino Incumbent, he should be pretty good. Don't know exactly how good.
    I've always thought Democratic districts might work in our favor. If the liberty leaners are for decriminalizing drugs and stuff like that, it could always work in our favor.

I've always thought Democratic districts might work in our favor. If the liberty leaners are for decriminalizing drugs and stuff like that, it could always work in our favor.
    In theory, but the Dem got 62.34% last time, an over 53,000 vote lead over the Republican.
    http://elections.sos.state.tx.us/elchist.exe
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well Weber voted to raise the debt ceiling. I didn't really want to include average people. If you guys want me to, that's fine too
    True, but he had some good votes recently on the NSA issue.

Gohmert is a pretty strong guy all around, but he usually runs unopposed.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, I admit he's bad on some social issues and the federal drug war is only unconstitutional because it wasn't declared.

smh

Met Ron Hale today. He seemed ok. He was anti-property tax so that's good. He pointed out how illegals benefit from this and if we can't kick them out, moving to a consumption tax at least makes every1 pay taxes. Wish I got a picture

Giovanni became a statist this session. Why?

Dwayne Stovall is challenging Brian Babin.

Giovanni became a statist this session. Why?
    Because he thinks being a bootlicker of Speaker Straus will help him politically. I think he's wrong.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This is basically an update from the primaries, hopefuls, incumbents, well-known past candidates, and future candidates

US Senate
    Ted Cruz
    Could you define "team liberty", please? The moment I saw Cruz on this list, at the top no less, I became seriously confused. Is it something like "Team America"? I ask because I do not perceive Cruz as being an advocate of anything other than a brutishly strong state, pushing its weight around. He's a pretty-slaver, basically, as are most of the rest in that esteemed chamber.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast