Thread: Physicists Prove Surprising Rule of Threes

Physicists Prove Surprising Rule of Threes

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/physici...fimov-trimers/

http://www.liv.ac.uk/~spmr02/rings/

This is one of those things where you're either interested or you're not so quoting a bit from it is probably redundant.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thought it might be thing about tragedies happening in threes like natural disasters or celebrity deaths.

Thanks for the link, NC! Very interesting!

The number three is of course extremely important to Christians because of the Holy Trinity. It is also the 'singularity of multiplicity' in the essense of love, meaning that in love, three expresses the fullness of love. For example, with regards to the Holy Trinity which is of course trinitarian, in the image of the mother and father and child, in the image of three siblings.

The reason being is that one person with love by themselves is self love and devoid of any true meaning or real existence because ontologically we as persons require another to reach personhood (IOW, as there is no relation with an other, the person remains an 'individual' and not a true 'person'). So, in self-love, we are not truly human (which can explain why those who are self-absorbed, narcissitic often act 'inhumane').

Two people in love of course gives each person 'personhood', because in this exchange of personal love between the two there is a real communion of being. While this demonstrates true love and existential being, it is not however the fullness of love.

With three, you get the fullness of love in the smallest number of persons. This is a love for another, but then also the love shared with the other towards an other. This incorporates (in the approach to a singularity) the fullness of universal love.

Thus a husband loves his wife, and the wife loves her husband, and together they love their child.
    Or a sister loves her sister, and both together share the love of the third sister.
    Or a person loves a person, and both together share the love towards God.

Thus three is a mystical number in that it defines in it's prime division the wholeness of communial and universal love.

(I know this isn't the religious subforum, but couldn't help myself!)
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

love Nikola Tesla, and not because he was an Orthodox Christian! He was one of the greatest minds in the past hundred years!

He credited his idea of alternating current came from the Book of Matthew and had envisioned the Holy Trinity while designing his three-phase alternating current system.

+

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    love Nikola Tesla, and not because he was an Orthodox Christian! He was one of the greatest minds in the past hundred years!
    Well then you may appreciate this:
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.
    One day, as I was roaming the mountains, I sought shelter from an approaching storm. The sky became overhung with heavy clouds, but somehow the rain was delayed until, all of a sudden, there was a lightening flash and a few moments after, a deluge. This observation set me thinking. It was manifest that the two phenomena were closely related, as cause and effect, and a little reflection led me to the conclusion that the electrical energy involved in the precipitation of the water was inconsiderable, the function of the lightening being much like that of a sensitive trigger. Here was a stupendous possibility of achievement. If we could produce electric effects of the required quality, this whole planet and the conditions of existence on it could be transformed. The sun raises the water of the oceans and winds drive it to distant regions where it remains in a state of most delicate balance. If it were in our power to upset it when and wherever desired, this might life sustaining stream could be at will controlled. We could irrigate arid deserts, create lakes and rivers, and provide motive power in unlimited amounts. This would be the most efficient way of harnessing the sun to the uses of man. The consummation depended on our ability to develop electric forces of the order of those in nature.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well then you may appreciate this:
    I just read that earlier today when I searched the internet for some more info. He attributes his discovery of microwaves to chapter four of Revelation!

Apparently he did things a hundred years ago that no one can replicate to this day. The man was ahead of his times...
    +

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    (I know this isn't the religious subforum, but couldn't help myself!)
    They go hand in hand. And this is why.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Raise your hand if this band's song is the first place you ever heard of Nikola Tesla...

The first odd prime number is 3.