Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT flash-bangs toddler in play pen - the "Baby Bou Bou" saga

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interviewer: "Tell me then, when you made entry into the home, were you all able to find this person?" (the person who allegedly sold drugs to a CI)

Sheriff Joey Terrell: "Uhem, no he was not home, he had left. That's the, ha, unfortunate part of it. He had left... "

(6:58-7:20)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Special Agent in Charge Kim Williams
    Assistant Special Agent in Charge Brad Parks
    Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ken Howard

79 Cobb Vantress Drive
    Cleveland, GA 30528

706-348-4866 phone
    706-348-4872 fax

hxxp://www.thetorch.net/ (the Church's website)

800 Cannon Bridge Rd
    Demorest, GA 30535
    reception@thetorch. net

Pastor Mike Franklin

hxxp://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-franklin/16/a4a/646

Contact
    Have a Prayer Request? Celebration? Comment? Question? All you have to do is Ask.
    hxxp://www.thetorch.net/contact.html

hxxp://michaelfranklinministries.com/

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth.
    Adding insult to devastating injury, they lied to her and, further, prevented her from comforting her son.

Does that sound like those jackbooted thugs had even a modicum of compassion for or regret over what they did to that poor baby and his family? I can't even take solace knowing they'll burn in hell for all eternity.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Adding insult to devastating injury, they lied to her and, further, prevented her from comforting her son.

Does that sound like those jackbooted thugs had even a modicum of compassion for or regret over what they did to that poor baby and his family? I can't even take solace knowing they'll burn in hell for all eternity.
    I, and more than few others, have been waiting for the tens of thousands of SWLODs to come pouring in from just 10 percent of all the roughly one million cops in this country.

You know, the "good cops".

Their internets must be down, because so far, nothing...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

"Uhem, no he was not home, he had left. That's the, ha, unfortunate part of it. He had left..."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I, and more than few others, have been waiting for the tens of thousands of SWLODs to come pouring in from just 10 percent of all the roughly one million cops in this country.

You know, the "good cops".

Their internets must be down, because so far, nothing...
    Well, you see, all those SWLODs were in the form of emails, and, um, well, there was this "computer crash" and, well ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2014 07:45 AM EST
    A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son (UPDATE)

That's right: Officers threw a flashbang grenade in my son's crib -- and left a hole in his chest. It gets worse
    Alecia Phonesavanh

Bounkham “Bou Bou” Phonesavanh(Credit: The Phonesavanh Family)

After our house burned down in Wisconsin a few months ago, my husband and I packed our four young kids and all our belongings into a gold minivan and drove to my sister-in-law’s place, just outside of Atlanta. On the back windshield, we pasted six stick figures: a dad, a mom, three young girls, and one baby boy.

That minivan was sitting in the front driveway of my sister-in-law’s place the night a SWAT team broke in, looking for a small amount of drugs they thought my husband’s nephew had. Some of my kids’ toys were in the front yard, but the officers claimed they had no way of knowing children might be present. Our whole family was sleeping in the same room, one bed for us, one for the girls, and a crib.

After the SWAT team broke down the door, they threw a flashbang grenade inside. It landed in my son’s crib.

Flashbang grenades were created for soldiers to use during battle. When they explode, the noise is so loud and the flash is so bright that anyone close by is temporarily blinded and deafened. It’s been three weeks since the flashbang exploded next to my sleeping baby, and he’s still covered in burns.

There’s still a hole in his chest that exposes his ribs. At least that’s what I’ve been told; I’m afraid to look.

My husband’s nephew, the one they were looking for, wasn’t there. He doesn’t even live in that house. After breaking down the door, throwing my husband to the ground, and screaming at my children, the officers – armed with M16s – filed through the house like they were playing war. They searched for drugs and never found any.

I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth. It was only hours later when they finally let us drive to the hospital that we found out Bou Bou was in the intensive burn unit and that he’d been placed into a medically induced coma.

For the last three weeks, my husband and I have been sleeping at the hospital. We tell our son that we love him and we’ll never leave him behind. His car seat is still in the minivan, right where it’s always been, and we whisper to him that soon we’ll be taking him home with us.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What has happened to either the Cop that threw the Flashbang, or the person that issued the order to send SWAT in the first place?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    What has happened to either the Cop that threw the Flashbang, or the person that issued the order to send SWAT in the first place?
    Boobus Americuntus has granted them clemency and awarded them pensions....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Boobus Americuntus has granted them clemency and awarded them pensions....
    And medals...don't forget the medals.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't believe we ever got a name.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Come on guys. We live in a collectivist society. No singular person threw the flash bang grenade at the baby. The SWAT team as well as the fine citizens of $#@!$#@!, USSA threw the flash bang grenade at the baby.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Unless SWAT Stormtroopers Can Burn Infants In their Cribs, ISIS Will Get You!
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...-will-get-you/

...Familiar fright-peddlers and war-whoopers from Dick Cheney to Lindsey Graham are depicting the Sunni insurgency – which, like most movements of its kind, is an outgrowth of a radical Islamist group supported by the CIA — as a potentially lethal threat to our sacred Homeland.

Not surprisingly, a similar view is being expressed by defenders of the militarized Homeland Security State, who pretend to believe that if ISIS can seize control of Mosul, it will soon threaten Manhattan.

In the Line of Duty, a company providing what it calls “reality-based training for law enforcement,” eagerly anticipates a terrorist strike by ISIS as a way of changing the subject from the routine atrocities committed by militarized police – such as the savage flash-bang attack that left newborn infant Bou-Bou Phonesavankh fighting for his life in an intensive care unit.

When this `militarization of lea’s [Law Enforcement Agencies] affects infants like Bou Bou, the public’s going to be righteously outraged,” commented a post on the company’s Facebook page. “But, someday, when ISIS comes a calling, who will be complaining then?” sneered the company’s Facebook page, a statement growing out of the assumption that 3:00 a.m. Stormtrooper raids that leave infants with disfiguring injuries are simply the price we must pay to be protected from whatever “threats” our rulers can conjure.
    Here's the link to that particular post in case anyone wants to give these fascists a piece of their mind: https://www.facebook.com/lineofduty/...52499347997390

William N. Grigg Number of innocent children set on fire and/or killed in no-knock SWAT raids -- at least three, and counting.
    Number of US children immolated by police or Feds in firebomb attacks -- 17 in Waco April 1993, an unknown number in Philly, May 1985.
    Number of SWAT raids in the US each year -- at least 40,000.
    Number of ISIS attacks on US -- zero.
    Likelihood of the same -- zero, cubed.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Number of innocent children set on fire and/or killed in no-knock SWAT raids -- at least three, and counting.
    Number of US children immolated by police or Feds in firebomb attacks -- 17 in Waco April 1993, an unknown number in Philly, May 1985.

Number of innocent children set on fire and/or killed in no-knock SWAT raids -- at least three, and counting.

Number of retaliatory attacks on government agents who accost children or peaceful people.........?

Number of strongly worded letters of disapproval penned by congress-critters......?

Number of bills passed defunding SWAT units....?

Number of laws passed criminalizing the behavior of the governments agents who participate in or authorize SWAT raids on peaceful civilians.....?
    Last edited by tod evans; 06-26-2014 at 12:11 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY3u7bB7dZk

The Operative's exchange with Mal at 1:12 seems apropos.

Operative: "[Because you didn't cooperate with me] this is your fault."

Mal: I don't murder children.

Operative: I do. [The full quote is "I do, if I have to."]

See this: http://s22.photobucket.com/user/well...1_500.gif.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY3u7bB7dZk

The Operative's exchange with Mal at 1:12 seems apropos.

Operative: "[Because you didn't cooperate with me] this is your fault."

Mal: I don't murder children.

Operative: I do. [The full quote is "I do, if I have to."]

See this: http://s22.photobucket.com/user/well...1_500.gif.html
    I have very limited net service right now.

What is this?

I have very limited net service right now.

What is this?
    Quotes from the movie "Serenity", the followup to "Firefly".

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't seen $#@!...any luck on your end?
    FYI I know several police on this forum. Just sayin
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Yes, as do I.

I'm talking about the tens of thousands of SWLODs pouring forth from just ten percent of the police population.

Well I hope these officers and whoever authorized the raid get their just deserts. All for nothing.... a small amount of drugs and a person that wasn't even there.

Makes me literally sick to my stomach
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

And they by and large haven't had $#@! to say about it.

They certainly haven't publicly criticized the officers involved.

Duh,,,Ya think?

Which ones are the "good" guys?

"Police" should not exist in a free society. The very concept of police should not exist.
    It is the concept of control. And the concept that people NEED to be controlled.
    It is an authoritarian concept and contrary to liberty.

An elected sheriff to represent the people he is responsible to..Though I think there should be more and localized counties.

By a percentage of people perhaps. How many do we need? 1 for a thousand? How about 1 to 500?

I to 100,,?

1 to ??

How much government control, outside of people you know do, you want?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Number of retaliatory attacks on government agents who accost children or peaceful people.........?
    On the increase, but extremely untargeted as of yet.

Number of strongly worded letters of disapproval penned by congress-critters......?
    Continuing to increase exponentially.

Number of bills passed defunding SWAT units....?
    Somewhere in the negative numbers. The large negative numbers.

Number of laws passed criminalizing the behavior of the governments agents who participate in or authorize SWAT raids on peaceful civilians.....?
    Equal to the number of laws passed repealing domestic militarism.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Duh,,,Ya think?

Which ones are the "good" guys?

"Police" should not exist in a free society. The very concept of police should not exist.
    It is the concept of control. And the concept that people NEED to be controlled.
    It is an authoritarian concept and contrary to liberty.

An elected sheriff to represent the people he is responsible to..Though I think there should be more and localized counties.

By a percentage of people perhaps. How many do we need? 1 for a thousand? How about 1 to 500?

I to 100,,?

1 to ??

How much government control, outside of people you know do, you want?
    Proposed rough draft of proposed legislation to produce Constitutional Sheriffs in North Carolina and to thereby protect North Carolina citizens in the event of any catastrophic bureaucratic usurpation of human and civil rights, in the form of gun confiscations or unwarranted arrests or indefinite detentions without trial.

Title of the sketch-out draft is "North Carolina Sheriffs First and Gun Rights Protection Act"

No other Sheriff's First bill in America, or Gun Rights Protection bills that have been introduced have been examined, and I expect that public review of this rough draft, when compared with those, will help us refine this into something to be submitted for introduction.

Starting that process then, is the first formal rough draft. and I do hope for your most diligent and pedantic input.

Sheriff's First and Gun Rights Protection Act

SECTION 1.

Declarations of authority. – The General Assembly declares that the authority for this act is the following:

(1) The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the Constitution and reserves to the State and people of North Carolina certain powers as they were understood at the time that North Carolina adopted the Constitution in November 1789. The guaranty of those powers is a matter of contract between the State and people of North Carolina and the United States whereupon North Carolina was the first state to ratify following the inclusion of a Bill of Rights, without which it would not have been adopted, and the violation of said amendments usurps the principles whereupon North Carolina joined the Union on November 21, 1789.

(2) The Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees to the people rights not granted in the Constitution and reserves to the people of North Carolina certain rights as they were understood at the time that North Carolina adopted the Constitution in 1789. The guaranty of those rights is a matter of contract between the State and people of North Carolina and the United States as of the time that the United States Constitution was agreed upon and adopted by North Carolina in 1789.

(3) The regulation of intrastate commerce is vested in the states under the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to the United States Constitution.

(4) The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reserves to the people the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that North Carolina ratified the Constitution in 1789, and the guaranty of the right is a matter of contract between the State and people of North Carolina and the United States as of the time that the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights was agreed upon and adopted by North Carolina in 1789.

(5) Section 30 of Article I of the North Carolina Constitution and Declaration of Rights clearly secures to North Carolina citizens, and prohibits government interference with, the right of individual North Carolina citizens to keep and bear arms. To wit, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; and, as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they shall not be maintained, and the military shall be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power." This constitutional protection is nearly unchanged from the original North Carolina Constitution, which was approved by the Fifth Provincial Congress, and the right exists as it was understood at the time that the United States Constitution was agreed upon and ratified by North Carolina in 1789.

(6) The Federalist Papers (specifically Madison #46 and Hamilton #29), as well as the entire history of the ratification of the Second Amendment, reveal that the right to bear arms was primarily intended as the sole means of defense and as a hedge against the potential tyranny of an overreaching Federal Government.

(7) According to the natural law of logic, a right intentionally enumerated in both the United States Constitution and within the North Carolina Constitution specifically and directly intended as a hedge against the potential tyranny of an overreaching Federal Government should not and cannot in any way be defined by nor regulated from the very Federal Government being so guarded.

SECTION 2.

Law enforcement investigations, including but not limited to arrest, search, confiscation or surveillance actions by law enforcement agencies (henceforth, LEAs) from outside the county of a North Carolina sheriff's jurisdiction must receive permission in writing or other manner of explicit record of the county sheriff,

Sheriffs and their deputies in North Carolina are empowered to halt, detain and/or arrest as needed any agent of said LEAs taking part in search, confiscation, surveillance or arrest activities absent of proper permission and/or properly issued search warrants as applicable from the local county court of record, and

Sheriffs in North Carolina in keeping with their oaths of office may use proper force at their disposal to prevent, stop and otherwise disrupt non-county LEA agents from unconstitutional law enforcement actions. (Mutual-aid agreements among contiguous county and municipality LEAs shall not be impacted by this legislation)

County Sheriffs may engage in Mutual Aid agreements with any LEA in the State, which must be reviewed and approved annually by the duly elected Sheriff.

All warrants issued for execution by such governmental officials, representatives, or agencies, or instruments thereof must be submitted to the Sheriff for examination prior to execution. Failure to gain Sheriffs' approval to proceed obliges the Sheriff to obtain warrants for the arrest of all who so acted without permission. Courts will be obliged to issue such warrants on the sworn oath, affirmation, or affidavit of the Sheriff and prosecutors will be obliged to bring felony charges against those for whom warrants have been issued, and

County Sheriffs shall be authorized to judge the constitutional validity of all warrants presented to them and withhold permission to execute those the Sheriff deems in violation of individual human rights.

Regional LEA's are reserved the right to hot pursuit across County lines, but are required to broadcast and receive on County Sheriff frequencies, or a given mutual frequency, and to accept Sheriff dispatch direction during hot pursuit. Suggest 'dual broadcast' radios stay on your home frequency and switch "advise" frequency in and out of counties.

In all areas where the North Carolina General Assembly has ceded concurrent or exclusive jurisdiction to the federal government under the constitution, the powers of federal jurisdiction and arrest will remain unaffected by this act.

All State recognized Indian Tribes will be regarded as sovereign for the exclusive purposes of this act, and shall in like manner to a County Sheriff be responsible for the security governing their own tribal reservations, and shall be granted the same powers and responsibilities as County Sheriffs under this act, when interacting with outside jurisdictions and LEA's.

The Governor is Commander in Chief of the military forces of the State and reserves the right to call out those forces to execute the law, suppress riots and insurrections, and repel invasion.

SECTION 3.

The County Sheriff will have the explicit responsibility of reviewing the constitutionality of every law enforcement action in his or her jurisdiction, and a Constitutional review of every action taken in that County will be made public in January of every year, and then current data 60 days prior to a general election where the Sheriff is in contest.

An appropriation is requested to make this data live on the internet (rather than annual or in quarterly chunks) for every county.

The task of producing the journal may be delegated to a Constitutional lawyer, but the entries must be signed by the duly elected Sheriff.

SECTION 4.

The General Assembly of North Carolina specifically and explicitly charges the organizations affected under the North Carolina Sheriff's First Act to act in the defense of County residents in the event of catastrophic breakdown in the American chain of command, or the organized subversion of Constitutional limits.

To wit, the one hundred duly elected Sheriff's of the State of North Carolina are hereby charged as the last line of defense in the event of blatantly unconstitutional federal weapon bans or confiscations. This discretion over prohibited actions spreads to but is not limited to:

National Security Letters
    Self-signed PATRIOT Search Warrants
    Citizens targeted for indefinite detention without Habeas Corpus
    Firearm Registration that fails to comport with the North Carolina State Constitution
    Firearms Canvassing actions, collections, or confiscations.

SECTION 5.

County Sheriff's may be removed, and upon removal a Special Election of the county will be held for replacement.

The General Assembly will have the power to call a special election as a local bill which must include the existing Sheriff on the ballot, and

The Governor will have the power to order a County Sheriff to cease and desist (subject to legislative override same as a veto), and

1% of the signatures of the people living in a county may be brought before a duly elected judge in the State of North Carolina who will determine cause for a hearing, and upon that hearing issue a cease and desist order and call for a special election, and

20% of the signatures of the people living in a county may be brought before a duly elected judge in the State of North Carolina who will then issue a judicial stop and desist and call for a special election regardless of cause.

SECTION 6.

Any official, agent, or employee of the United States government or any employee of a corporation providing services to the United States government that enforces or attempts to enforce an act, order, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the government of the United States in violation of this Article shall be guilty of a Class F felony.

This subsection is not binding unless Section 5 of Article I of the North Carolina Constitution is amended so that it does not disallow the binding of the interposition in this act.

Suspects under non-binding interposition may be arrested, detained, tried, sentenced, but not imprisoned, or otherwise taken under State leveled punitive actions. Non-binding interposition does not at any time apply jeopardy, and the suspect is free to be charged with otherwise binding crimes to be tried following the trial over the non-binding interposition, or for the same crime in a Federal Court.

Any officer or employee of the State of North Carolina or any county or city that enforces or attempts to enforce an act, order, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the government of the United States in violation of this Article is guilty of a Class I felony.

SECTION 7.

This act becomes effective upon adoption.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

After our house burned down in Wisconsin a few months ago, my husband and I packed our four young kids and all our belongings into a gold minivan and drove to my sister-in-law’s place, just outside of Atlanta. On the back windshield, we pasted six stick figures: a dad, a mom, three young girls, and one baby boy.

That minivan was sitting in the front driveway of my sister-in-law’s place the night a SWAT team broke in, looking for a small amount of drugs they thought my husband’s nephew had. Some of my kids’ toys were in the front yard, but the officers claimed they had no way of knowing children might be present. Our whole family was sleeping in the same room, one bed for us, one for the girls, and a crib.

After the SWAT team broke down the door, they threw a flashbang grenade inside. It landed in my son’s crib.

Flashbang grenades were created for soldiers to use during battle. When they explode, the noise is so loud and the flash is so bright that anyone close by is temporarily blinded and deafened. It’s been three weeks since the flashbang exploded next to my sleeping baby, and he’s still covered in burns.

There’s still a hole in his chest that exposes his ribs. At least that’s what I’ve been told; I’m afraid to look.

My husband’s nephew, the one they were looking for, wasn’t there. He doesn’t even live in that house. After breaking down the door, throwing my husband to the ground, and screaming at my children, the officers – armed with M16s – filed through the house like they were playing war. They searched for drugs and never found any.

I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth. It was only hours later when they finally let us drive to the hospital that we found out Bou Bou was in the intensive burn unit and that he’d been placed into a medically induced coma.

For the last three weeks, my husband and I have been sleeping at the hospital. We tell our son that we love him and we’ll never leave him behind. His car seat is still in the minivan, right where it’s always been, and we whisper to him that soon we’ll be taking him home with us.

Every morning, I have to face the reality that my son is fighting for his life. It’s not clear whether he’ll live or die. All of this to find a small amount of drugs?

The only silver lining I can possibly see is that my baby Bou Bou’s story might make us angry enough that we stop accepting brutal SWAT raids as a normal way to fight the “war on drugs.” I know that this has happened to other families, here in Georgia and across the country. I know that SWAT teams are breaking into homes in the middle of the night, more often than not just to serve search warrants in drug cases. I know that too many local cops have stockpiled weapons that were made for soldiers to take to war. And as is usually the case with aggressive policing, I know that people of color and poor people are more likely to be targeted. I know these things because of the American Civil Liberties Union’s new report, and because I’m working with them to push for restraints on the use of SWAT.

A few nights ago, my 8-year-old woke up in the middle of the night screaming, “No, don’t kill him! You’re hurting my brother! Don’t kill him.” How can I ever make that go away? I used to tell my kids that if they were ever in trouble, they should go to the police for help. Now my kids don’t want to go to sleep at night because they’re afraid the cops will kill them or their family. It’s time to remind the cops that they should be serving and protecting our neighborhoods, not waging war on the people in them.

I pray every minute that I’ll get to hear my son’s laugh again, that I’ll get to watch him eat French fries or hear him sing his favorite song from “Frozen.” I’d give anything to watch him chase after his sisters again. I want justice for my baby, and that means making sure no other family ever has to feel this horrible pain.

Update: As of the afternoon of 6/24/2014, Baby Bou Bou has been taken out of the medically induced coma and transferred to a new hospital to begin rehabilitation. The hole in his chest has yet to heal, and doctors are still not able to fully assess lasting brain damage.

Alecia Phonesavanh is the mother of Bounkham Phonesavanh, nicknamed "Baby Bou Bou." She and her family live in Atlanta. For more information about Bou Bou, go to www.justiceforbabyboubou.com.
    hxxp://www.salon.com/2014/06/24/a_swat_team_blew_a_hole_in_my_2_year_old_son/

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The hole in his chest has yet to heal, and doctors are still not able to fully assess lasting brain damage.
    But, but...........................Meth!

But, but...........................Terrorists!

The heroes are protecting the children..

$#@! imgur

There's a picture under 'recovery' at www.justiceforbabyboubou.com.

The baby will survive.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast