Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT flash-bangs toddler in play pen - the "Baby Bou Bou" saga

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There's a million cops of all varieties, out there, so I'd be happy with just 10 percent knowing about this story and condemning the sheriff's action.

That would be roughly 100,000 cops speaking out against this.

Should be easy enough to find.

Post 'em here.

I'll wait...
    I wouldn't be surprised if that many agreed with the sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Whether they're "okay" with it or not every cop in the country accepts their pay from the citizens they accost.

Arguing what degree of evil is acceptable really is kind of silly.
    Acceptable? When did I say acceptable? I've always been very clear about the fact that I believe working in "law enforcement" is morally wrong. I'm just saying there are degrees of evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    100,000?

Let's find one first. And I've been looking. It's a myth that they exist.
    I know one. I'll ask him. Of course, it would be a personal anecdote, and you may not trust me

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Acceptable? When did I say acceptable? I've always been very clear about the fact that I believe working in "law enforcement" is morally wrong. I'm just saying there are degrees of evil.
    Alright then.......

At what point does morally reprehensible change to evil in your opinion?

These supposedly "good cops" out there who stand by complacently while their brethren wage war on citizens fall into which category?

Is there a scorecard one could use to determine if jackboot A is a lesser evil than jackboot B ?

Me.........I'll continue to collectivize by choice of employment, thanks anyway.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alright then.......

At what point does morally reprehensible change to evil in your opinion?
    I'll say that all cops work in an evil profession, but that some of them are under a mistaken belief that what they are doing is good. And, I'd love to see the ones who think they are doing good to realize that they aren't. I don't want them dead. I don't mourn over them, after all, I don't mourn after people I don't know most of the time anyway, so why are cops special? I'm just not ready to look at a guy who thinks he's keeping his community safe (even though he's really making us less safe) and saying "yeah, that guy deserves to die."

I guess I kind of see the guys who feed the illusion that cops are the "good guys" as being in some sense culpable as well. Not in a legal sense, but in a moral sense yes.

These supposedly "good cops" out there who stand by complacently while their brethren wage war on citizens fall into which category?
    This is a good question. I may have to ask the police captain I know this question. Off the top of my head, I'm guessing that the most likely cases (again, we're talking about a well-intentioned cop here) is either fear, or lack of knowledge.
    Is there a scorecard one could use to determine if jackboot A is a lesser evil than jackboot B ?
    Not an exact one, but in reality its not that complicated. Does it take a lot of imagination to say that the scumbags who beat Kelly Thomas to death are more evil than the cop who attends church every sunday, is a loving Christian husband and father, and tries to treat everyone he deals with with respect, yet still makes unjustified arrests and writes unjustified tickets because he thinks its keeping his community safe?

Mind you, I'm not saying I support either one. I'm saying that I'm more inclined to wish harm on the killers of Kelly Thomas, and I'm more inclined to hope that the other guy will eventually realize that what he's doing isn't fruitful and can't be justified.

Me.........I'll continue to collectivize by choice of employment, thanks anyway.
    I do to some extent to. When I see a guy I don't know in a blue uniform, I feel fear because I know he could probably kill me and get away with it. I'm not under the illusion that all of them would actually want to kill me though. I'm not under the impression that every cop is flashbanging children. And I think that cops who do do those types of things are a heck of a lot worse than those who don't, even if those who don't are not exercising due dilligence in keeping their comrades accountable.

I'm making a bad vs worse comparison, not a good vs bad comparison. I don't think anyone here would say that being a thief (i'm talking about a non-governmental thief here) is a good thing. But we'd still make a distinction between a thief and somebody who rapes and murders children. We'd very likely wish death or serious harm on the second guy (maybe that's wrong but I think we all do) but not the first guy. That's the type of distinction I'm making here. Not every cop is a complete and total psychopath who actively wants to ruin your life. That doesn't mean the ones who aren't are "good."

I'm not asking you to make a scorecard. I haven't either. Its not clearly defined. But that's the type of scale I'm working with. I am not saying that any cops are good or that any of them can justify what they do.

I draw the line very clearly.....

If a man (or woman) dons the costume and accepts pay for waging war on Americans he is evil.

Every man who joined "the force" after this war was declared did so with full knowledge and intent.

Those who were employed when the war was declared and chose to remain so are either cowardly or traitorous....

100,000?

Let's find one first. And I've been looking. It's a myth that they exist.
    I haven't seen $#@!...any luck on your end?

Anybody post this on policeone?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I draw the line very clearly.....

If a man (or woman) dons the costume and accepts pay for waging war on Americans he is evil.

Every man who joined "the force" after this war was declared did so with full knowledge and intent.

Those who were employed when the war was declared and chose to remain so are either cowardly or traitorous....
    When was the war declared?

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Anybody post this on policeone?
    Hooo.... boy... I can't even imagine it...

Do they normally defend this kind of stuff over there?

Hooo.... boy... I can't even imagine it...

Do they normally defend this kind of stuff over there?
    Turns out it was posted several days ago.
    2 responses

http://www.policeone.com/SWAT/articl...comments_block

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Turns out it was posted several days ago.
    2 responses

hxxp://www.policeone.com/SWAT/articles/7250808-Family-of-Ga-toddler-burned-in-raid-want-federal-review/#comments_block
    Shouldn't go anywhere. I pray the child makes a quick and full recovery.

I also pray that the officers involved in this investigation are not over-stressed by this, and it does not cause them to become too distracted.
    There were more comments on the original article. The majority of them were blaming the mother.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I also pray that the officers involved in this investigation are not over-stressed by this, and it does not cause them to become too distracted.
    Heaven forfend!!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

When was the war declared?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs

OK, I agree with you on this, but I don't think the average cop realizes that this means war on the citizenry. They think that they are keeping their communities safe. That's not an excuse, but still.

OK, I agree with you on this, but I don't think the average cop realizes that this means war on the citizenry. They think that they are keeping their communities safe. That's not an excuse, but still.
    Circular logic or justification can be applied to every instance of human atrocity throughout time....

Many alive today still justify bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and napalming kids in Nam....

Signing on with a gang to wage war on your neighbors is plain evil no matter how it's twisted......

Circular logic or justification can be applied to every instance of human atrocity throughout time....

Many alive today still justify bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and napalming kids in Nam....

Signing on with a gang to wage war on your neighbors is plain evil no matter how it's twisted......
    Yeah, I'm with you. I really don't get statist thought. I don't see how they justify it.

Yeah, I'm with you. I really don't get statist thought. I don't see how they justify it.
    You're the one talking to them........

I don't waste my time...

It's kinda like wrestling with a pig....

"9/11 changed everything."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm having second thoughts about all this. On the one hand I don't like babies being flash-banged, but on the other hand the drug war is really popular with the base.

Maybe after we win I'll revisit my conscience.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    I'm having second thoughts about all this. On the one hand I don't like babies being flash-banged, but on the other hand the drug war is really popular with the base.

I see what you did there.

You're the one talking to them........

I don't waste my time...

It's kinda like wrestling with a pig....
    Its not just cops. Its most of America. You do realize that most Americans consider cops to be heroes, right?

I see what you did with that last line. Lol!

"9/11 changed everything."
    Believe it or not, I don't think I've actually heard this argument in person. Which is strange because I know how common of an argument it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

Are you pretending to be Rand Paul?

Burned Babies and the Militarization of American Policing (and an update on Bou Bou)

I am in tears of rage and sorrow.

Burned Babies and the Militarization of American Policing
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/24/bu...itarization-of

In a Salon essay published today, Alecia Phonesavanh recalls the night her 19-month-old son, Bounkham (a.k.a. Bou Bou), was horribly injured by a flash-bang grenade tossed into his crib during a fruitless drug raid in Habersham County, Georgia. "It's been three weeks since the flashbang exploded next to my sleeping baby," she writes, "and he's still covered in burns. There's still a hole in his chest that exposes his ribs. At least that's what I've been told; I'm afraid to look."
    http://www.salon.com/2014/06/24/a_sw..._year_old_son/

I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth. It was only hours later when they finally let us drive to the hospital that we found out Bou Bou was in the intensive burn unit and that he’d been placed into a medically induced coma.
    [...]
    Every morning, I have to face the reality that my son is fighting for his life. It’s not clear whether he’ll live or die. All of this to find a small amount of drugs?

The only silver lining I can possibly see is that my baby Bou Bou’s story might make us angry enough that we stop accepting brutal SWAT raids as a normal way to fight the “war on drugs.” I know that this has happened to other families, here in Georgia and across the country. I know that SWAT teams are breaking into homes in the middle of the night, more often than not just to serve search warrants in drug cases. I know that too many local cops have stockpiled weapons that were made for soldiers to take to war. And as is usually the case with aggressive policing, I know that people of color and poor people are more likely to be targeted. I know these things because of the American Civil Liberties Union’s new report, and because I’m working with them to push for restraints on the use of SWAT.

A few nights ago, my 8-year-old woke up in the middle of the night screaming, “No, don’t kill him! You’re hurting my brother! Don’t kill him.” How can I ever make that go away? I used to tell my kids that if they were ever in trouble, they should go to the police for help. Now my kids don’t want to go to sleep at night because they’re afraid the cops will kill them or their family. It’s time to remind the cops that they should be serving and protecting our neighborhoods, not waging war on the people in them.

I pray every minute that I’ll get to hear my son’s laugh again, that I’ll get to watch him eat French fries or hear him sing his favorite song from “Frozen.” I’d give anything to watch him chase after his sisters again. I want justice for my baby, and that means making sure no other family ever has to feel this horrible pain.

Update: As of the afternoon of 6/24/2014, Baby Bou Bou has been taken out of the medically induced coma and transferred to a new hospital to begin rehabilitation. The hole in his chest has yet to heal, and doctors are still not able to fully assess lasting brain damage.
    Last edited by Lucille; 06-24-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

"Now my kids don’t want to go to sleep at night because they’re afraid the cops will kill them or their family. It’s time to remind the cops that they should be serving and protecting our neighborhoods, not waging war on the people in them."

"Now my kids don’t want to go to sleep at night because they’re afraid the cops will kill them or their family. It’s time to remind the cops that they should be serving and protecting our neighborhoods, not waging war on the people in them."

so nice i had to quote it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Baby Bou Bou did this to himself.

Wow, look at that...buried in replies...

*whistles sarcastically*

There's a million cops of all varieties, out there, so I'd be happy with just 10 percent knowing about this story and condemning the sheriff's action.

That would be roughly 100,000 cops speaking out against this.

Should be easy enough to find.

Post 'em here.

I'll wait...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just in case anybody forgot what the "heroes" did that night.

Accountability will not be found in their courts............

Wow, look at that...buried in replies...

*whistles sarcastically*
    We should pray for them. The cops. I can't believe how traumatized they may be feeling at this point. The family should be charged for their psychological care and treatment. I can't even imagine what they are going through.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast