Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hypothetical Question for Sola_Fide

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The board's main threadjacker...
    Soda Fudd won't engage me any more because he does not have the intellekual capacity, but he supplies me with a steady stream of neg reps for anything I post. He even finds pictures and sends the links. He has not figured out that his pics are not hyperlinked in a rep comment. It looks like they are pics of baby $#@! or something. Anyway, I welcome his negs because I can now put him in my rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds about right. Well, if he wants to unilaterally act like a rep jerk in God's name, then let there be a rep war!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I wonder if people of other paths argue about points of faith the way Christians do?

Christianity seems unique in this way.

My opinion why they don't: Because theirs is a code for living, not a code for believing.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I wonder if people of other paths argue about points of faith the way Christians do?
    You've never heard Muslims telling violent extremists that what they're doing goes against the Koran?

Admittedly the Mainstream Mafia, which is known to be owned by the Military Industrial Complex, seldom points cameras and microphones at rational, Koran-believing Muslims. But you still have plenty of opportunity to hear that, if you work at it even just a tiny bit.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You've never heard Muslims telling violent extremists that what they're doing goes against the Koran?

Admittedly the Mainstream Mafia, which is known to be owned by the Military Industrial Complex, seldom points cameras and microphones at rational, Koran-believing Muslims. But you still have plenty of opportunity to hear that, if you work at it even just a tiny bit.
    Can't say I have, but I believe you - and I've heard others say the same.

I admit I haven't read or studied much of the Quran. I have thought about spending some time going to mosques and hanging out with some rational, Quran-believing Muslims, but I'm afraid whose black list I might wind up on.

I go so far as to give the middle-east extremists a bit of slack, given the number of decades (centuries?) the West has spent demonizing their faith and bombing the sh*t out of them.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Christianity seems unique in this way.

My opinion why they don't: Because theirs is a code for living, not a code for believing.
    Hatred is not unique to Christians.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't say I have, but I believe you - and I've heard others say the same.

I admit I haven't read or studied much of the Quran. I have thought about spending some time going to mosques and hanging out with some rational, Quran-believing Muslims, but I'm afraid whose black list I might wind up on.

I go so far as to give the middle-east extremists a bit of slack, given the number of decades (centuries?) the West has spent demonizing their faith and bombing the sh*t out of them.
    Shia and Sunni have been killing each other long before the airplane was even invented. And in ancient Greece they all worshiped the same pantheon but the followers of one god would fight the followers of another.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    He has not figured out that his pics are not hyperlinked in a rep comment. It looks like they are pics of baby $#@! or something. Anyway, I welcome his negs because I can now put him in my rotation.
    Probably the same ugly pics he has been polluting the 'language is mathematics' thread with, seemingly out of jealousy over that OP's superior mad skillz as an attention whore.

You still getting those negreps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I'm curious to know if the religion forum is different than every other forum on this website.

Can someone please advise?
    Apparently not, or you'd answer some of the questions in posts 79 and 80 instead of spending your time trying and failing to post pictures of full diapers to people's rep lists.

I believe someone asked what Paulinism is bump.

You still getting those negreps?

Nah, Soda Fudd stopped negging me for the most part. Perhaps he has no more goof off time at work. Maybe they're putting him to work on his hotel night shift since the busy season is coming up.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Efficiency? Seriously? Efficiency?! This whole bloody field of drama without end is over efficiency?

Does the pot say to the Potter, 'Why did You waste so much time and effort throwing me when I know You can work more efficiently--I just saw You knock out three French hens, two turtle doves, a partridge and a pear tree in less time?' Does the pot say to the Potter, 'I must twist half of what You said and put words inside of Your quotation marks because otherwise I can't reconcile myself to Your efficiency rating?
    Is this supposed to be a question I am to answer? If it is, could you just plainly ask the question without all of the added verbiage? Thanks. As it stands, I can't understand the question at all.

Ha ha, just when I made the post above, Soda Fudd negs me with the message, "Get a job."

Hey pal, I have a job. I never mix work with this forum either. You're logged in your entire shift, but I can't do that.

You better go clean up that vomit in room 347.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ha ha, just when I made the post above, Soda Fudd negs me with the message, "Get a job."

Hey pal, I have a job. I never mix work with this forum either. You're logged in your entire shift, but I can't do that.

You better go clean up that vomit in room 347.
    My "shift"? You think I have a "shift"? I don't even have to go to my workplace if I don't want to and I still get paid. Incidentally, most of my work is outside the hotel proper anyway, like making business deals with large companies, marketing, and negotiating with vendors. I am rarely there except to do some accounting, and hold meetings. Everyone has to do exactly what I say or I will fire them.

Don't be jealous. Work as hard as I have and become a professional. It will fill you with a sense of pride.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 04-23-2015 at 08:15 PM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Did you tell them to read OTC?
    Haha no. That would probably violate some law I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Shia and Sunni have been killing each other long before the airplane was even invented. And in ancient Greece they all worshiped the same pantheon but the followers of one god would fight the followers of another.
    Since this interesting thread is bumped (thanks, y'all)...there are also at least 3 major "types" of jews- Pharisee, Sadducee, and Essene. /ramble off
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Since this interesting thread is bumped (thanks, y'all)...there are also at least 3 major "types" of jews- Pharisee, Sadducee, and Essene. /ramble off
    Hey HB, I saw the line by Oyarde in your sig line

Govt hates you
    That would make a cool poster. Imagine the "God Hates ****" poster, but instead they say "Gov't Hates You".

Haha no. That would probably violate some law I'm sure.
    Deut. 13

(Yes, I'm kidding)

My "shift"? You think I have a "shift"? I don't even have to go to my workplace if I don't want to and I still get paid. Incidentally, most of my work is outside the hotel proper anyway, like making business deals with large companies, marketing, and negotiating with vendors. I am rarely there except to do some accounting, and hold meetings. Everyone has to do exactly what I say or I will fire them.

Don't be jealous. Work as hard as I have and become a professional. It will fill you with a sense of pride.

Not really sure why our dialogue got erased. You're not really a manager, at least in the way you imply or portray yourself. I worked in a so-called "high end" hotel for a little more than a summer. I know how they work and what managers do. I also traveled a lot for 5 years and stayed in hotels night-after-night. I'm guessing your place is also not even that high end. I'm guessing you work at a Holiday Inn or similar.

Regardless, it's common sense to understand that hotel management is generally an onsite activity. You simply can't manage a hotel if you're not there. Perhaps a manager could work one day per week at home. That might be a stretch for a hotel however, even in today's telecommute world. You don't just stay away from your site and come in to hold meetings or "do accounting." You don't just come in to (as you said earlier) "to fire someone."

If you're not onsite, and doing the activities you mention, then you're in some type of marketing/sales role. You might be doing those activities you mention in a small operation. If that's the case and you're the top manager you imply, then you're an all-purpose manager who would be on site practically 100% of the time. Conversely, if you're the GM of an entire large hotel as you also seem to imply, then you're not going to be performing those specialized activities you mention. A GM's role is also not almost all absentee, as you imply.

Your activities of sales, marketing, vendor relations, etc. are also not something requiring extensive travel or even extensive time. They might be in a very large operation, but, again, that would mean you're not the top manager you imply.

So, your portrayal really does not fit the roles or logistics of hotel work. Certainly not for a Holiday Inn or similar caliber. You actually seem to be the front desk manager who works a night shift. Maybe you've been there awhile and they tack on extra duties for you.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-24-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234