Your legislator says, "It's too controversial."

"Nobody else is doing it."

"We will be the laughingstock of the nation."

"leading the charge back to Jim Crow."

"They simply can't pass anyway."

"An unwanted theory that nobody wants."

"Set North Carolina Back 150 years"

"That question was settled during the Civil War."

Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 05-27-2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: replaced the duplicate
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What do the various colors mean? Legend?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

In most of them red means 'signed into law' while green means 'passed by both chambers,' and yellow means 'passed by one chamber' and blue means 'introduced.'

Very nice rebuttal to the donkey drool spouted by most politicians and pundits, Gunny. I'm outta rep but this deserves some.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Very nice rebuttal to the donkey drool spouted by most politicians and pundits, Gunny. I'm outta rep but this deserves some.
    Thanks man, I'm using this series of images during my presentation in Guilford County tonight. Brannon will be there.

ETA - without repeating "Common Core" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    In most of them red means 'signed into law' while green means 'passed by both chambers,' and yellow means 'passed by one chamber' and blue means 'introduced.'
    Damn. Missouri's representin' - it's the only state that's got something going on for each of those issues.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

replaced the duplicate Common Core with the correct ObamaCare map

Gunny, Please edit the images to add the legends, so that the images can be shared. Otherwise, it's confusing. If possible, also add the NC lawmakers' quotes to each image.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Gunny, Please edit the images to add the legends, so that the images can be shared. Otherwise, it's confusing. If possible, also add the NC lawmakers' quotes to each image.
    I made these to attach to my Keynote for the C4GC presentation tonight. They will be embedded in a PowerPoint like presentation and the keys will be my speech. I should be able to get on doing that maybe...Thursday?