27 11.25%
  • Yes, Who is Ron Paul

13 5.42%
  • Yes, both

58 24.17%
  • No, something else (post below)

142 59.17%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want: "Who is Ron Paul/Google Ron Paul" on blimp?

Do you want: "Who is Ron Paul/Google Ron Paul" on blimp?

I realize artwork is in production, but their seems to be enough oppositon that this deserves a thread. Please post what you think.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I posted this in another post, but I will again. If it was up to me, I'd put something like "Restore the Constitution" or "Restore the Republic" or "Liberty - Prosperity - Peace" on one side, and on the other, "Ron Paul 2008" or "Ron Paul for President"
    Something simple so people know what it's for without having to remember to look it up, or take the time to since many who see this may not be right next to their computers where they can 'google ron paul'

Maybe include the phone number for donating to Ron Paul, if it's legal to do that. I don't know a thing about the legality of anything involving this blimp.

I agree. Why allow the people to possibly forget all about Ron Paul by the time they get home when you can easily TELL them what he's for. If the message is powerful enough, you can literally almost get a new voter on the spot rather than hope they google his name.

Let me just add, that the name Ron Paul SHOULD be somewhere on both sides though, just in case someone were to only see one side of it. Ron Paul in addition to a slogan representing his basic message.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mosconi View Post
    I posted this in another post, but I will again. If it was up to me, I'd put something like "Restore the Constitution" or "Restore the Republic" or "Liberty - Prosperity - Peace" on one side, and on the other, "Ron Paul 2008" or "Ron Paul for President"
    Something simple so people know what it's for without having to remember to look it up, or take the time to since many who see this may not be right next to their computers where they can 'google ron paul'

Maybe include the phone number for donating to Ron Paul, if it's legal to do that. I don't know a thing about the legality of anything involving this blimp.
    State some of his positions like never voted to raise taxes, against iraq war or something the majority of population will agree with.

This "Who is Ron Paul" or "Google Ron Paul" idea is stupid.

How many people forget seeing a blimp?

It MUST have the word "president" on both sides. We're trying to reach people who don't know who Paul is, not those who do. I really don't think the "Who is Ron Paul?" thing is nearly as effective as some of us think. The average person would see it and say "Who cares?"

Even "Google Ron Paul" is ineffective for a large segment of the population, especially non-youths.
    Last edited by Buzz; 12-01-2007 at 11:46 AM.

People will already ask "who is Ron Paul?" when they see the blimp. It's redundant.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

KISS-Keep it Simple Stupid

RON PAUL
    PRESIDENT 2008

Let me just add, that the name Ron Paul SHOULD be somewhere on both sides though, just in case someone were to only see one side of it. Ron Paul in addition to a slogan representing his basic message.
    Indeed, most people only see one side of a blimp, I would imagine.

Also, it does need to remain short, and the current messages are at least that. Short means it can be big. Big means it can be easily read by a larger number of people. And as the distance increases linearly, the area reached increases by a power of two. That can be very significant. Doubling distance quadruples area.

I also agree that "Ron Paul" should appear on both sides, regarldess of what else is included. I personally would vote for "RonPaul2008.com" on one side, and "Ron Paul for President" on the other. One side gives people direct access to plenty of information (and the 2008 part sort of implies election), and the other side has the name and the desired position, so people know what it is all about, at least generally.

Arrow

Keep it short and BIG:

RonPaul2008.com
    Freedom * Prosperity * Peace
    Last edited by bolidew; 12-01-2007 at 02:20 PM.

RonPaul2008 both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    People will already ask "who is Ron Paul?" when they see the blimp. It's redundant.
    Exactly. Why write on the blimp something that people will already be thinking? It just wastes space that we could fill with a short message that'll get people's patriotic hearts beating.

"Something big is going on..."

Definitely not. Unless this is for very good legal reasons, we need to make it "Ron Paul - President", and possibly a quick description of him "peace & sound money" or "champion of the constitution" (e.g.)
    Pledge to buy Dr Paul's upcoming book (and read the preface!):

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

#4 on Amazon and climbing! Pre-order it here:

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

yes REPLACE who is Ron Paul with RON PAUL for PRESIDENT

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think they all have a point.

It's like the big puzzle piece blimp...
    You see it, go, "What's that?" And... you never look it up.
    (Still no idea who's it is...)

I'd say as high as 80% of the people won't bother too look it up when they get home.
    They'll see the blimp - think it's cool...
    Talk about it for 5 minutes...
    But unless they get an answer immediately, they'll drop it.

People have the attention span of gnats.
    They'll remember - if someone mentions it... Asks...
    But otherwise they'll be drowned in the distractions of the modern world and never look into it further.

If they have kids, it'll help.
    Become a Revolutioni.st! Support the DIRIGIBLEST CANDIDATE! And stop the Slander!

i'm sad about the message

the wind was taken out of my sails when i saw the "google ron paul" and "who is ron paul" message. I think it's going to be obsolete very soon and has the potential to make the blimp a joke.

Everyone is going to know ron paul very soon. especially after dec. 16th.
    Plus, the idea of my donation inadvertently promoting a major corporation doesn't sit well with me. By using the word "google" it associates ron paul with them. Not to mention it might alienate people who don't use computers.

Ron Paul has so many great messages that we could put on the blimp instead. Donors should have been able to vote on a list of possibilities. I mean, how hard would that have been to do? there have been numerous threads dedicated to billboard messages in this forum.

plus, on the new blimp website (i liked the old one btw), they have a donation box for renting advertising? what the heck is this? The blimp should be devoid of advertising. what kind of message is that sending to people?

this is a collective grassroots effort. and while i really appreciate the work that's been done so far to make this happen, it suddenly feels more like a business than something being done to promote ron paul for president.

I seriously hope we can work things out on this.

Though - I'm thinking the Revolution side is ok....

Maybe with, "The most Dirigiblest Presidential Candidate ever!"
    (That's a joke, btw.)

The REvoLution logo is OUR logo.
    This isn't a campaign blimp.

With the smaller words underneath;
    "No more Taxes, No more War."

That covers the main issues...
    The link on the back - maybe RonPaul2008.com - ?
    Become a Revolutioni.st! Support the DIRIGIBLEST CANDIDATE! And stop the Slander!

Quote Originally Posted by robinlynn View Post
    plus, on the new blimp website (i liked the old one btw), they have a donation box for renting advertising? what the heck is this? The blimp should be devoid of advertising. what kind of message is that sending to people?

this is a collective grassroots effort. and while i really appreciate the work that's been done so far to make this happen, it suddenly feels more like a business than something being done to promote ron paul for president.
    This is done for legal reasons. They couldn't just outright accept donations for advertising Ron Paul related stuff. And PACs had far too many limitations as well. So they came up with an advertising company type strategy that got around all the legal issues. It sounds businessy because it has to. There's nothing going on here that should be considered all that suspicious, in my unprofessional opinion.

the wind was taken out of my sails when i saw the "google ron paul" and "who is ron paul" message. I think it's going to be obsolete very soon and has the potential to make the blimp a joke.

Plus, the idea of my donation inadvertently promoting a major corporation doesn't sit well with me. By using the word "google" it associates ron paul with them. Not to mention it might alienate people who don't use computers.

Ron Paul has so many great messages that we could put on the blimp instead. Donors should have been able to vote on a list of possibilities. I mean, how hard would that have been to do? there have been numerous threads dedicated to billboard messages in this forum.

The renting advertising (Blimp Timeshares) is just a way to jump through the legal hoops and essentially do this without a PAC and allow unlimited "purchases"

All great points i agree with.

The business part of it is for legal reasons...
    It gives us more flexibility in taking money.

You're paying for advertising - yes... Privately. Like the guy buying the NYT full page ad. Your contribution limits are... well... not so limited.
    But the advertising you're buying is the Ron Paul advertisement.

Does that make sense?

ok, thank god.

I appreciate you telling me that. i had a little panic attack

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Liberty - Prosperity - Peace"
    I like this one. I like it better written as "Liberty, Peace, Prosperity". And the name "Ron Paul" in larger font above the slogan.

Where is a sticky thread giving all the current up to date info the blimp? What graphic and slogan will be put on it? What justifies this? What route will the blimp take?
    What is the organizer thinking as of now? Any obstacles? Any issues?

Where can I contact the guy in charge of all this? Other than mailing him a letter to: 129 Bleachery Blvd #50 Asheville, NC 28805

Why isn't the organizer of the blimp answering any questions or doubt raised by the members?

-----------------
    Geez, this blimp idea is not well executed.

Should definitely say "for President" so people know what it's about.

So is it going to be changed or what??? I hope we didn't just raise $400,000 for something nobody likes.

The time is past for cute things like Google Ron Paul and Who is Ron Paul. Matter of fact any given time I go google ron paul half of the news results link to news editorialists calling us kooks. That's the last thing we want potentially new supporters to see.

Keep it short sweet and simple.

Ron Paul for President 2008
    Freedom, Peace, Prosperity
    www.RonPaul2008.com

Replicate on both sides as most people won't see both sides. Short sweet and simple and gets the message across.

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    The time is past for cute things like Google Ron Paul and Who is Ron Paul. Matter of fact any given time I go google ron paul half of the news results link to news editorialists calling us kooks. That's the last thing we want potentially new supporters to see.

Keep it short sweet and simple.

Ron Paul for President 2008
    Freedom, Peace, Prosperity
    www.RonPaul2008.com

Replicate on both sides as most people won't see both sides. Short sweet and simple and gets the message across.
    Amen...

And an ad on the bottom of the blimp.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast