Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,261 to 1,271 of 1271

Thread: Woe To Those Who Say The Potter Has No Hands

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Uh.... so maybe people who choose God don't really choose God? They just think they do, but in fact is God making them do it?
    Were that so he would be unjust.

I do not believe him to be unjust.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Were that so he would be unjust.

I do not believe him to be unjust.
    When your opinion DIRECTLY conflicts with the Scripture, then you know you have a real problem. God is not unjust to choose whom He will:

Romans 9:12-16

Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
    Salvation is taken completely out of the realm of man's effort. It does not depend on man's effort but on God's mercy. This is the JUST thing to do, because if salvation was dependent on man's effort, none of us could be saved. We do not have the righteousness needed to stand in the presence of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    But....but...this mentality just doesn't work in our "throw away" society.
    True, these kinds of people are useless to secular society because they're unable to produce and contribute to it. But they also exist like Jesus said the poor who would always be with us and are here for a purpose as well. I believe the poor, needy and disabled serve as the means by which we're called to help. The love we have for God is revealed in the way we care for those who need us.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Or say a spontaneous organic flash mob as inspired by the Holy Spirit.
    Interesting perspective.. might have to chew on that a bit.

He has slowed the sun in the past,, so altering Perception of time,, Folks have been taken from place to place in a moment of time.

Thought I have generally seen time as linear,, as opposed to eternity..which strikes me as more fluid.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post

Salvation is taken completely out of the realm of man's effort. It does not depend on man's effort but on God's mercy. This is the JUST thing to do, because if salvation was dependent on man's effort, none of us could be saved. We do not have the righteousness needed to stand in the presence of God.
    I do not disagree with that.. any of that..

You are looking for disagreements where there are few. The only real difference of opinion (and we will know when we see Him) Is whether there is any free will,, or if we are nothing but puppets on strings.

I believe that Free Will was the Main reason for creation. You apparently do not.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You are looking for disagreements where there are few. The only real difference of opinion (and we will know when we see Him) Is whether there is any free will,, or if we are nothing but puppets on strings.

I believe that Free Will was the Main reason for creation. You apparently do not.
    ^Endless hours of often rankerous debate beautifully and succinctly summed up.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yes. You believe that man's will is the main reason for creation, and the Bible says that God's glory is the main reason for creation.

This is the difference between the man-centered false gospel of free will, and the God centered gospel of sovereign grace that the Bible teaches.

Yes. You believe that man's will is the main reason for creation, and the Bible says that God's glory is the main reason for creation.

This is the difference between the man-centered false gospel of free will, and the God centered gospel of sovereign grace that the Bible teaches.
    I've been criticized by Calvinists for answering an unbeliever's question of why God permitted the Fall with "For his glory." Not because it wasn't true, but because it might seem "selfish" to the unbeliever. My mentality is that if a person is unwilling to worship God as he is, were they ever truly converted anyway? I can't tell you how many foolish Arminians have said to me "I wouldn't worship God if he was like that." I'm definitely not convinced that those people have ever been converted either.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I've been criticized by Calvinists for answering an unbeliever's question of why God permitted the Fall with "For his glory." Not because it wasn't true, but because it might seem "selfish" to the unbeliever. My mentality is that if a person is unwilling to worship God as he is, were they ever truly converted anyway? I can't tell you how many foolish Arminians have said to me "I wouldn't worship God if he was like that." I'm definitely not convinced that those people have ever been converted either.
    Yes, they haven't been converted. If a person reads a "difficult" verse in the Bible and says "I can't worship a God like that", they are right. They can't.

Yes, they haven't been converted. If a person reads a "difficult" verse in the Bible and says "I can't worship a God like that", they are right. They can't.
    And you have taken the role of accuser..

I have been warning against such.
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night.
    Check yourself.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    What's the difference between what you are saying that Arminians do and what you and Sola_Fide do? Both of you have said more than once that God would not be "just" if He allowed someone to choose to go to hell even after He paid the price for that person to go to heaven. You can't have it both ways. You can't criticize others for not being willing to accept God as you present Him if you are not willing to at least consider the possibility of God as they present Him.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243