Thread: David Brat takes on Eric Cantor

David Brat takes on Eric Cantor

And he wants to be like Amash and Massie...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My reports from folks in the RPV say that Cantor is panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    My reports from folks in the RPV say that Cantor is panicking.
    That is good news!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Victory bump!

Next up: Kickin' some Democrat ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. Megyn Kelly just tried to say that Eric Cantor was very conservative on every other issue (other than Amnesty). What a joke. The establishment and neoconservatives are spinning hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The establishment and neoconservatives are spinning hard!
    Hopefully they'll soon be doing that spinning in their metaphorical graves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

David Brat loved No Child Left Behind.

Educating America’s Children by Rachel Mathers and Dr. David Brat

http://www.scribd.com/doc/229108176/...inia-Education

Professor Brat: “it is my personal belief that NCLB (No Child Left Behind) is a good idea for this nation. “

Candidate Brat: “I oppose top down approaches by the Federal Government such as Common Core and No Child Left Behind.”

Naturally, after I found out Dave Brat was an economics professor, I was curious as to what kind of economics he subscribes to. Still don't know, but I doubt it is Austrian economics or I would probably at least recognize his name. If anyone is interested here is a list of his publications.
    God and Advanced Mammon — Can Theological Types Handle Usury and Capitalism?*(2011)*[30]NAEP Scores, Human Capital, and State Growth*(2009)*[31]A Global Kuznets Curve?*(1995)*[32]*(2004)*[33]Economic Growth and Institutions: The Rise and Fall of the Protestant Ethic?*(2004)*[34][35]Cross-Country R&D and Growth: Variations on a Theme of Mankiw-Romer-Weil*(1996)*
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Based on what he writes, he reminds me of my economics professor - who is very much libertarian.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I'm still waiting to find out how many Diebold employees were fired after Cantor was beaten.

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Naturally, after I found out Dave Brat was an economics professor, I was curious as to what kind of economics he subscribes to. Still don't know, but I doubt it is Austrian economics or I would probably at least recognize his name. If anyone is interested here is a list of his publications.
    I haven't heard anything about Brat himself, but IIRC (according to something I saw in another thread), one of his two paid campaign staffers is an Austrian grad student. So he at least seems to be Austrian-friendly, even if he is neo-classical or Chicagoan or whatnot.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-11-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

He sort of sounds a bit like Rand. That is an asset to have that kind of voice.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.