Thread: Air Conditioner theft (central AC units)

Air Conditioner theft (central AC units)

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 07:38 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Copper motor windings, aluminum condenser coils and fan blades...

Probably equate to 3-5 Oxycotin for those who government policy has separated from their drug of choice...

Or maybe a gram and a half of meth....

Thank your local politician......

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Another drawback of Global Warming.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This is a new one to me; I never noticed it in previous years but for the past 2 months in our local police blotter there have been reports of at least 1 central AC unit stolen every week. Last week there were 2. This is a really low crime area too. Anybody else noticing this specific type of theft in there area?
    Yeah , I started noticing it on the news shortly after the crash. All the empty business and homes were getting nailed.In the town I grew up in , a family member got hit on an empty rental that was up for sale.Pretty much a meth head thing around there.

Yeah, I sorta figured it was for scrap metal. The strange thing to me is that it started just now when the whether is finally warm/hot and people will notice quickly. Steal those things in fall/winter and it might be weeks/months before they notice...
    Hmmm,

Maybe they come for the R22/R410 and just grab the compressor-condenser-fan unit for scrap metal (or repair parts) as they leave.

The warm/hot weather season startup does increase the demand for Freon and maybe those under-the-radar stolen parts cash sales.
    Do they crimp the high line 1st or close the valve and then force the pump to run, or do they just hack 'em all off and skedaddle while all four lines still hissing?

Thank goodness there are lots of federal and state laws already in place that prevent any of this from ever happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Another drawback of Global Warming.
    Lol. Neither myself nor any of my neighbors have these. Maybe people should go with window units and only on the 2nd floor or higher instead of central AC units?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Local installer in collusion with Insurance agents.

Broken window economics at work.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I sorta figured it was for scrap metal. The strange thing to me is that it started just now when the whether is finally warm/hot and people will notice quickly. Steal those things in fall/winter and it might be weeks/months before they notice. Its one of those things that makes me happy I work from home.
    Amy Klobuchar made a long speech yesterday about the need for Federal Regulation in regard to scrap metal crime. It was pathetic and disgusting. If the Fed gov doesn't pass laws and regulations, then grave robbers will steal the metal from Veterans graves, ruining Memorial Day, and steal tricycles from toddlers, ruining Christmas, and making Jesus cry.

Mike Lee spoke against it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I recall a few years ago the big theft item was airbags from cars. That or the catalytic converters (for the platinum which is actually a fairly small amount in one).

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Thank goodness there are lots of federal and state laws already in place that prevent any of this from ever happening!
    Amy Klobuchar and Lindsey Graham are pushing for more Federal Laws related to this...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Amy Klobuchar and Lindsey Graham are pushing for more Federal Laws related to this...
    That'll address why folks are stealing...

And these geniuses are paid with tax dollars!