Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Libertarian' cartoonist Ben Garrison goes Bolshevik!

Folks, bear in mind that Internet trolls (mostly originating from 4chan and 8 chan) want to further their meme that I'm against free speech. That's nonsense. I'm against hate speech in general and it's my free speech to speak out against it. Tolerating it doesn't mean we must endorse it. Their hate memes are NOT free speech on Facebook in particular. The trolls do not own Facebook and when they set up pages calling for murder based on someone's race and religion, that is against stated standards there. During this year alone trolls have set up TEN hate pages that impersonated me....using my name, my photos and defaced art so they can get their hateful jollies. It has taken me a lot of time to remove their libel and copyright infringement. They think free speech means anarchy and that they should be able to destroy people with lies and libel and since they're anonymous, they get to remain totally unaccountable. They don't give two shakes about MY free speech and my ability to communicate ideas. They want to turn Facebook into a hate fest and I'm against that. They are free to set up their own hate pages and pay for it, but few will do that because they want to remain anonymous or attribute their hate to me--and that is libel. I'm against hate speech, but recognize that it is legal in America. It is illegal for them to stamp my name on hate memes and hateful artwork I did not draw. It's illegal for them to steal my work and alter it into hate while leaving my name on it. I'm a Libertarian who is against the Federal Reserve and the dysfunctional money system. I'm against war, bloated big government. I am for freedom. Because my cartoons have been somewhat effective, the provocateurs are trying to destroy me. Ignore the troll memes and don't help the anonymous haters by furthering their hateful nonsense. --Ben Garrison

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ben has learned to stop worrying and love the meme. If you check his blog he's getting praise from people who used to bother him: https://grrrgraphics.wordpress.com/

Nice that he managed to turn internet infamy to his benefit, just in time to promote his book.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The OP and thread title are stupid.

I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Bump
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

bump
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Garrison View Post
    Folks, bear in mind that Internet trolls (mostly originating from 4chan and 8 chan) want to further their meme that I'm against free speech. That's nonsense. I'm against hate speech in general and it's my free speech to speak out against it. Tolerating it doesn't mean we must endorse it. Their hate memes are NOT free speech on Facebook in particular. The trolls do not own Facebook and when they set up pages calling for murder based on someone's race and religion, that is against stated standards there. During this year alone trolls have set up TEN hate pages that impersonated me....using my name, my photos and defaced art so they can get their hateful jollies. It has taken me a lot of time to remove their libel and copyright infringement. They think free speech means anarchy and that they should be able to destroy people with lies and libel and since they're anonymous, they get to remain totally unaccountable. They don't give two shakes about MY free speech and my ability to communicate ideas. They want to turn Facebook into a hate fest and I'm against that. They are free to set up their own hate pages and pay for it, but few will do that because they want to remain anonymous or attribute their hate to me--and that is libel. I'm against hate speech, but recognize that it is legal in America. It is illegal for them to stamp my name on hate memes and hateful artwork I did not draw. It's illegal for them to steal my work and alter it into hate while leaving my name on it. I'm a Libertarian who is against the Federal Reserve and the dysfunctional money system. I'm against war, bloated big government. I am for freedom. Because my cartoons have been somewhat effective, the provocateurs are trying to destroy me. Ignore the troll memes and don't help the anonymous haters by furthering their hateful nonsense. --Ben Garrison
    You may not be against free speech, but you are against freedom. Maybe back when you posted this in 2014 you were still against bloated big government and for freedom, but you forfeit any right to pretend you still were in 2016 when you got on the Trump bandwagon, and looking at your recent cartoons, it's clear that you're still on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You may not be against free speech, but you are against freedom. Maybe back when you posted this in 2014 you were still against bloated big government and for freedom, but you forfeit any right to pretend you still were in 2016 when you got on the Trump bandwagon, and looking at your recent cartoons, it's clear that you're still on it.
    Too hard to resist.

I like Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Too hard to resist.

I like Ben.
    He should revise that cartoon and add Ron Paul's face to it.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He should revise that cartoon and add Ron Paul's face to it.
    That doesn't make sense.
    Ron Paul doesn't have TDS.
    When he agrees with Trump, he says so.
    Ron Paul is probably the LAST person who would get any sort of "DS" about anyone.

That doesn't make sense.
    Ron Paul doesn't have TDS.
    When he agrees with Trump, he says so.
    Ron Paul is probably the LAST person who would get any sort of "DS" about anyone.
    When I agree with Trump I say so too. So do all the people who Trump worshipers like Ben Garrison accuse of having TDS. What Ron Paul proves is that opposing Trump isn't a derangement syndrome. But Ben Garrison thinks it is.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 09-27-2019 at 10:30 AM.

What Ron Paul proves is that opposing Trump isn't a derangement syndrome. But Ben Garrison thinks it is.
    Then you misunderstand what TDS is, in the first place, Superfluous.
    TDS is opposing Trump 100% of the time over every single thing, no matter how positive or beneficial of a thing it happens to be. The motives behind TDS vary.

Blanket opposition is idiocy.
    Oppose him on issues.
    And give him credit where credit is due.
    What's so hard about that?

Blanket opposition is idiocy.
    Of course that would be idiocy. As is blanket support, which I see a lot of around here and from Ben Garrison. What Trump worshipers like Ben Garrison do is see someone who doesn't give Trump blanket support, and in their mind it's impossible to do that unless you have TDS.

Of course that would be idiocy. As is blanket support, which I see a lot of around here and from Ben Garrison. What Trump worshipers like Ben Garrison do is see someone who doesn't give Trump blanket support, and in their mind it's impossible to do that unless you have TDS.
    To the bold: We definitely agree there.

I don't see Ben Garrison doing what you accused him of.
    He called out the ones who most def. have TDS.
    And they probably have it for a very good reason.

I don't see Ben Garrison doing what you accused him of.
    If you peruse his cartoons, and you don't have a derangement syndrome of your own, you will see that he does.

He used to be on board with the mission of this website. Ever since 2016 he no longer has been. There are many who frequent here about whom the same could be said. And the accusation that those who still do support this website's mission must have TDS is one of their favorite lines.

If you peruse his cartoons, and you don't have a derangement syndrome of your own, you will see that he does.

He used to be on board with the mission of this website. Ever since 2016 he no longer has been. There are many who frequent here about whom the same could be said. And the accusation that those who still do support this website's mission must have TDS is one of their favorite lines.
    Eh. We can just agree to disagree.
    Peace to ya, and no ill will.

You are the one against freedom, that's why you aid and abet its enemies.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12