Thread: Been posting for a while, but just decided to do this now.

Been posting for a while, but just decided to do this now.

My name is Philippe, I am a 21 year old Haitian-American Male from Broward County located in South Florida. I've actually been on this forum for a little while now and I just stumbled upon this section of the forum, so seeing as I'm under 1000 posts, I decided to contribute.

I was once a registered Democrat, completely in line with whatever mommy and daddy thought was the way to go. Obama was seen as a messiah to some people my parents knew. I originally found out about Ron Paul in 2012 through twitter while attending FAMU an HBCU located in the capital. I did not know much at the time besides he wanted to legalize marijuana and he wanted to stop war. I did not vote for him in the primary due to Florida law on primary voting.

I voted for Gary Johnson in the general election after hearing about him either through internet articles, another forum or Twitter again. Since Gary Johnson was once on the GOP ticket, but then moved to the LP, I learned about libertarianism. I from there dived specifically into what some would label Ron Paul as, Paleoconservatism and then from there classical liberalism. I feel that I am a mix of those three ideologically. But yes, being born after 1985, I firmly believe in adhering to the principles of the constitution since I was born in this country. I see myself as a true American, but I also believe in keeping our country moving forward with the 21st century as society expands, alternative resources are generated and cultures shift.

I will be supporting Rand Paul as much as I physically can not if, but hopefully when he chooses to run in 2016. I will start via my local university’s YAL chapter, YAL @ FIU. I also will attempt to join young Republican clubs as specific to my county. County politics is where I think a lot of effort should be tended to due to Ron's impact to counties in Iowa, New Hampshire and Maine and its future impact toward Rand's primary battle. I think it's possible to turn my county into a Rand Paul friendly county in South Florida.

I also want to continue to see liberty-minded and constitutional based represenatives in all levels of government in all 50 states. I’m looking for people from Broward County’s congressional district to beef up liberty based activism in the immediate future. Anyone interested please feel free to PM me if interested.
    Last edited by philipped; 05-19-2014 at 11:44 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Greetings Philipped .

Welcome a board Philliped. I hope you see yourself not just as an american, but as an Individual. As a side note, I never posted an introduction of myself in this Forum, I think I've been around long enough now that it isn't necessary at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Hi there!
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Welcome a board Philliped. I hope you see yourself not just as an american, but as an Individual. As a side note, I never posted an introduction of myself in this Forum, I think I've been around long enough now that it isn't necessary at this point.
    Who are you?!?!

Welcome you sound like you have it going on!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome to the fray!!!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Hi, @philipped. Welcome aboard!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Welcome Aboard the Freedom Train!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Welcome aboard man. Looks like Hispanics in Florida are gonna have huge importance in the 2016 election, glad to have you on our side!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Welcome aboard man. Looks like Hispanics in Florida are gonna have huge importance in the 2016 election, glad to have you on our side!
    Yeah we will need to build coalitions between some of the more elder conservative south floridians and young libertarians to take on this primary battle heads on. Are you in SoFlo?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    That's why I've been enlisted to be the official Ron Paul Forums Hispanic Liaison.