Thread: My pre-emptive Super Ad Idea

My pre-emptive Super Ad Idea

Since there is no explanation at this time what this forum section is about, I will make a guess that it is about raising money for a TV ad for the SuperBowl on February 3, 2008. The timing would be perfect, just before Super Duper Tuesday, February 5 when many states will be having their primaries or caucuses.

Since there is more hype about the ads than the game itself, a Ron Paul advertisement would have to be outstanding, understandable for the average viewer, and brilliant enough to impress the wonks who tell us what they think is impressive.

One of the most prominent ads that immediately comes to mind is the Apple computer ad from 1984, which used the theme from George Orwell's book 1984 where a group of brain-washed proles are watching a massive TV spewing propaganda. An anonymous woman runs up with a sledge hammer and destroys the screen, supposedly freeing the masses. How we wish it were so.

A Ron Paul ad would need to be of the same caliber. We might be accused of not having any originality, but I think the 1984 theme could be re-used. I'm sure everyone has some sort of Big Brother imagery they would like to include: war on terror, the hated IRS, the falling dollar, the mainstream media feeding the masses circuses of diversion like the Super Bowl.

I'm sure there are people with creative talents vastly superior to mine who could come up with something. But it would have to be created in 2 short months. I'm sure they need money sooner than that, like right NOW. If the blimp project is a success, this could be, too. (the blimp site just started collecting money this morning)

Some other ideas: The Matrix theme that would appeal to younger people, but it is at least 5 years old.

Parodies, if done right, could work well. Imagine a Peter Griffith/Family Guy type of ad that makes fun of all the inemptitude and callousness of Washington DC. "Yeah, they been killin' each other for years. But if we could only stop them from bombing the pipelines until the oil runs out, then we can let them get back to business."

Any ideas?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote from other thread: "This is not an ad for the Super Bowl ... it is about creating an ad to reach the 40-55 demographic."

Well, in that case I will have to dust off the old VHS and draw up some sock puppets. Worked for the YouTube debate, didn't it?