Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough Mudder

I never buy "cute" tools..........

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I about three weeks ago I bought new running shoes and I was too lazy to drive so I went to Walmart (what was I thinking??) and found a cute pair that felt pretty good. They were pretty good for a couple of weeks but now my knees are killing me. So for $20ish bucks I got a pair of running shoes that barely lasted a month. *Sigh* Lesson learned.

Avoid these crappy shoes...
    Words of wisdom from my dad: "Son, always buy best shoes or boots and bedding you can afford. If you're not in one you are in the other."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I always buy "cute" tools....

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Words of wisdom from my dad: "Son, always buy best shoes or boots and bedding you can afford. If you're not in one you are in the other."
    Your Dad was a wise man. One of life's delights is climbing into a freshly made bed.

I don't know how I missed this thread but that's a tall glass of water that you're taking on, Suzanimal. Good for you.

Make sure you're eating right. Good luck.

The running is getting a lot easier, the "I'm going to die" feeling has been replaced with an odd high. All that sweat is starting to pay off, my mind is sharper, more focused and my energy level is up - Yay! I found a workout I'm going to start next week. I also noticed the playground near my subdivision has monkey bars, I think I'm going to start running to the playground, do the monkey bars and run back - that'll add a quarter of a mile to my run and help with my upper body - I think it'll add some fun to my run, it's getting pretty boring.

I bought a cool pair of socks off Amazon to wear for the race but I might have to order an extra pair, I think they'll come in handy as the weather gets cooler. I bought the black maybe I'll get the extra pair in pink.

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Knee-Hi.../dp/B004X2PJGQ

No matter how hyped up they get you at the starting line, don't sprint when they say "go" or your legs will pay dearly for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    No matter how hyped up they get you at the starting line, don't sprint when they say "go" or your legs will pay dearly for it.
    No worries, I don't "sprint" on a good day.

I went to the playground today and did the monkey bars. What a fiasco, it rained last night and they were slippery - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I never completed them without "slipping".

My new "cute" shoes are working out pretty good. I liked the way the Nikes looked but I ended up buying the New Balance because they felt better. Ya hear that tod evans? Functional AND cute!

I think I hurt myself today. I fell off the monkey bars and on the run home my right arm started aching and now the right side of my neck is bothering me. I think I may have pulled something.

My new cute shoes...

Yep, I'm getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why not? I love my cute klein stubbys:

\
    My cute palm nailer:

...and my cute mil surplus mini pick shovel

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Definition of a Tough Mudder: An animal that can bleed for a whole week every month and still survive. Commonly referred to as a Suzanimal.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Why not? I love my cute klein stubbys:

\
    My cute palm nailer:

...and my cute mil surplus mini pick shovel

nice ancap colors on the stubbies too

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Definition of a Tough Mudder: An animal that can bleed for a whole week every month and still survive. Commonly referred to as a Suzanimal.
    I like that, it makes me sound fierce.

I only actually bleed for a couple of days though so I guess I'm not all that tough.

Oh and another thing, these exercises aren't working out. Every time I try them my dog decides to take a break from his busy napping and ass licking schedule to either smell my butt or try to lick my face - nasty bastard.

My new "cute" shoes are working out pretty good. I liked the way the Nikes looked but I ended up buying the New Balance because they felt better. Ya hear that tod evans? Functional AND cute!

I think I hurt myself today. I fell off the monkey bars and on the run home my right arm started aching and now the right side of my neck is bothering me. I think I may have pulled something.

My new cute shoes...

Yep, I'm getting stronger.

You should PM Acala about barefoot running. Easier on knees and hips.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Suz, add lots of burpees into your training. They suck but will help you in the long run.

You should PM Acala about barefoot running. Easier on knees and hips.
    I'm not going to run barefoot on cement.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Suz, do not add lots of burpees into your training. They suck but will help you in the long run.

I tried the tennis balls (I didn't have a Lacrosse ball laying around) on my neck, it's feeling a little better but I didn't feel well enough to attempt the monkey bars today.
    Thanks for the tip Root.

I didn't feel well enough to attempt the monkey bars today.

Quit being a pussy. Get back on the monkey bars tomorrow. Eye of the tiger, suzanimal...eye of the tiger...

I tried the tennis balls (I didn't have a Lacrosse ball laying around) on my neck, it's feeling a little better but I didn't feel well enough to attempt the monkey bars today.
    Thanks for the tip Root.
    hahahahaha!! keep the updates coming suz!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Quit being a pussy. Get back on the monkey bars tomorrow. Eye of the tiger, suzanimal...eye of the tiger...

I ain't no pussy!

I'm not going to run barefoot on cement.

Thanks for the tip Root.
    I'm not speaking for Danke, but he may be referring to a style of running.

http://www.goodformrunning.com/

Barefoot is a style of running that you must condition for. Since you're a NB gal, you should check out Tony.

http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/

Best of luck to you in your training and your competition.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I ain't no pussy!
    There you go. That's the spirit. I'm rooting for you. Really. Sounds like everyone is.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I'm not speaking for Danke, but he may be referring to a style of running.

http://www.goodformrunning.com/

Barefoot is a style of running that you must condition for. Since you're a NB gal, you should check out Tony.

http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/

Best of luck to you in your training and your competition.

I don't want to delve too deep into the mind of Danke but I think he' referring to literally running barefoot. Apparently, it's the easier to use proper form when running barefoot. I hate to wear shoes and would like to give it a shot but the last thing I want to do is tear up the bottoms of my feet, plus it'll mess up my pedicure.
    I tend to strike on my forefoot when I'm really in the zone (that's a good thing-Yay!) but I've noticed I heel strike when I'm just half-assed shuffling along or going downhill, I need to work on that.

Thanks for those links, they were very helpful.

I don't want to delve too deep into the mind of Danke but I think he' referring to literally running barefoot. Apparently, it's the easier to use proper form when running barefoot. I hate to wear shoes and would like to give it a shot but the last thing I want to do is tear up the bottoms of my feet, plus it'll mess up my pedicure.
    I tend to strike on my forefoot when I'm really in the zone (that's a good thing-Yay!) but I've noticed I heel strike when I'm just half-assed shuffling along or going downhill, I need to work on that.

Thanks for those links, they were very helpful.
    Aint no thang... I was talking "barefoot style".

BTW - Tony literally runs barefoot too - I think for the price point you can beet the 10 v2's. I know you already purchased shoes, but you may find you really like these:

If you're not sure, order from Zappos - they have a good return policy and seem to be only a couple of dollars above everyone else. I currently own multiple pairs of the 10v2's and I like them a lot.

http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-wt...140912141726:s

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

There you go. That's the spirit. I'm rooting for you. Really. Sounds like everyone is.
    TYVM, I have a mini camcorder, I'm thinking of making a TM video. A highlights reel of me getting electrocuted, crawling through mud, and having a panic attack when I'm faced with the fire in the hole obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire;5646992
    [url
    http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-wt10v2-silver-purple?ef_id=U2eiwwAABaRXLT2D:20140912141726:s[/url]

Cute shoes!!!

I'm Rooting for Suz too.

TYVM, I have a mini camcorder, I'm thinking of making a TM video. A highlights reel of me getting electrocuted, crawling through mud, and having a panic attack when I'm faced with the fire in the hole obstacle.

Cute shoes!!!
    Please do this Suz. That would be awesome.

I was cleaning out my old videos and came across a tape I had forgotten about ages ago. (Yeah, I still have VHS.) Callanetics. I was religious about doing Callanetics in my 20's and had a rockin' tight body. I know my diet had nothing to do with it because I ate like an unsupervised child at a birthday party and drank like a fish.

Anyhoo, I decided to give it a whirl one more time before I threw it in the Goodwill pile and it kicked my ass. I've decided to keep it and do it twice a week. For anyone looking to tighten up, Callanetics is the way to go and you can probably find the videos at a thrift store. If you like it I recommend you get a book, it's helpful when you're starting out and trying to get the correct form. I promise you won't regret it, you'll see a difference in your body in just a couple of sessions. Oh, another word of advice, don't think you're a bad ass and start with Super Callanetics. Beginning Callanetics, AM/PM or even Callanetics are better choices.

Here's a sample. It doesn't seem like much but it works.

Thanks for the tip Root.

My neck and arm are still bothering me a little bit so I ordered a Lacrosse ball, I don't think the tennis ball is firm enough to be very effective. It was $7.00 Root, if it doesn't help I'm takin' it outta yer ass.

Guaranteed delivery by: Friday, September 19, 2014 by 8pm
    Track Package
    Joe's USA Lacrosse Balls - All Colors (also used for Back Massage Ball Therapy) (Blue , 1)
    Sold by: Joe's USA

The endorphins are really starting to kick in, I look forward to going for a run -ha, never thought I'd say that.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I found something awesomely fun to do the month before the TM. The Foam Glow 5k, I bought 4 tickets, gonna get my girls to run this one with me. It looks like they do them all over the country, check them out here - http://www.foamglow.com/#!eventinfo/c1nke.

What is Foam Glow 5K™?

Foam Glow 5K™ is a fun filled experience exposing runners to Glowing Foam and a ton of Blacklights all over the course. Glowing runners come from all different ages, shapes, sizes, and speeds. Whether you are a long term runner or a walk around the park stroller, the 3 miles of the Foam Glow 5K™ course will have you shining brite and waiting for the next run.

How does it work?

The Foam Glow5K™ has been setup with very simple rules:

1) White shirt (any white T-shirt will work) worn at the start line. The more white you wear the better.

2) Foam Glow 5k™ runners sprinting through Foam Glow 5K™ Zones to the Finnish line!

Runner/walkers begin the 5k at the start line like a brand new canvas. By the end, they look like they fell into a tye-dye machine and are covered with different colored foam that glows under black lights.

What is the Foam Glow?

Along the running path you will find Foam Glow 5K™ Zone's, which are associated with a designated color: orange, pink, or blue. As the runners/walkers reach the Foam Glow 5K™ Zones, They they will run through different color foam that Glows in the Dark under our high intensity black lights. All products are 100% natural and non-toxic. At the end of the race there will be a Foam Glow 5K™ after party filled with Music pumping from the stage, Foam Glow 5K™ and tons of black lights!

Every Registered Runner gets:

- Foam Glow 5K™ Event T-Shirt
    - Get blasted by foam at our Glow Zones
    - The best night of their life

What about the finish line?

Are you ready for the best After Race party in the world? After the finish, participants are encouraged to stick around, celebrate, and see exactly how much fun one person can handle. In most locations we will have food, Foam Glow 5K™, and festivities that will make your Foam Glowed head spin.
    http://www.foamglow.com/#!eventinfo/c1nke

That's my kinda 5k Suz!! Is there any beer or wine involved after the running?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    That's my kinda 5k Suz!! Is there any beer or wine involved after the running?
    I think so, they're claiming to be the "best After Race party in the world" and they're going to have live music. My girls are gonna kick my ass if there's not booze at the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast