Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 2014

Any of you guys do the weekly games for money?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I think I have a couple decent ones if you want to offer me a trade.

Also, I noticed that Jesse Benton's Corpse got CJ Anderson. I'm not sure if they want to trade him but I'm willing to trade for him if they are.
    bump.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    bump.
    Do you have a RB by any chance?

Looks like it's gonna be another nail biter going into this Monday night game for my team.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Any of you guys do the weekly games for money?
    I had my first try at it yesterday. I won $22.50 on $15 of bets (net $7.50), which is better than I expected to do, given that my lineup didn't do all that well overall. I'm going to give it another go this weekend, and see how I can do with $50 of bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Do you have a RB by any chance?
    I have several. What are you willing to offer?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man, I lost by 0.2 points this week. Ouch. Grats to my opponent...

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Man, I lost by 0.2 points this week. Ouch. Grats to my opponent...
    Thanks

For you Fanduel folks, here's my lineup for this week (pending injury notices): Luck, Crowell, CJ Anderson, Gordon, Stills, Malcolm Floyd, Jimmy G, Dan Bailey, PHI

Keep in mind this is my second week doing this so I've still a lot to learn - but I came out 50% ahead on my bets in the first week.

I am willing to trade a QB (Hoyer or McCown) for an RB or WR.

Does anyone want to deal me a WR for Hoyer?

Brandon LaFell better kick some serious ass for NE from this point on or Jesse Benton's Corpse is mince meat in the playoffs. Justin Cameron returning and kicking ass would help a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Brandon LaFell better kick some serious ass for NE from this point on or Jesse Benton's Corpse is mince meat in the playoffs. Justin Cameron returning and kicking ass would help a lot as well.
    I doubt I'm even in the playoff running even if I win out, but I just traded LaFell so I'm hoping he doesn't do well anymore.

Does anyone need a QB?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I got Julius Thomas still available for trade, nobody's even made me an offer yet. Also I got an extra RB (or two even). Make me an offer.

I can't really deal an RB or TE. I need to deal a QB.

Looks like Odell Beckham may be this year's Josh Gordon.

The Fanduel team that I posted above got me a $151.50 payout on $70 of bets (net $81.50). Not bad for my second week ever of doing DFS right?

I'm afraid to play fan duel because I tend towards being a compulsive gambler. lol, don't want to make the first bet.
    Last edited by brandon; 11-25-2014 at 07:57 PM.

I'm afraid to play fan dual because I tend towards being a compulsive gambler. lol, don't want to make the first bet.
    I'd bet on UFC fights, but not football.

I'm afraid to play fan dual because I tend towards being a compulsive gambler. lol, don't want to make the first bet.
    I'm actually the exact opposite. I have no desire to gamble at all. However a friend of mine pressed me into service when he got wind of how much I know about fantasy football, so I agreed to try it out on his dime. I've almost doubled his initial investment in 2 weeks.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    I'd bet on UFC fights, but not football.
    Last MMA fight I bet on I took Fedor with like 5 to 1 odds he'd win. Of course that fight just happened to be the start of his downfall. lol... I gave up after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I'm actually the exact opposite. I have no desire to gamble at all. However a friend of mine pressed me into service when he got wind of how much I know about fantasy football, so I agreed to try it out on his dime. I've almost doubled his initial investment in 2 weeks.
    This is a new site in beta mode.. difference with these guys is they pay referral commisions and a 100% deposit bonus right now. They will launch on the 4th so get in asap and refer some buddies that like and are good at this. Help a fellow RPF member out and sign up under my link please.
    https://beta.fantasydraft.com/play/puppetmaster
    https://beta.fantasydraft.com/play/puppetmaster

Thanks if you do and good luck. I will post my winnings next week.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'm going to get beat by the worst team in the league this week, and my DFS play went lame too. Oy!

By George, it looks like I'm actually going to back into a win this week. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

Last week of the season... playoff field is almost set. Only 2 teams currently on the outside looking in have a shot to make it - No Money Big Mouths has a reasonable shot, if it wins and J&J or NH Free Staters lose. BrianEllisTrustFund can make it in if it beats the Big Mouths in this week's matchup, J&J loses, and it outscores J&J by more than 15.4 points this week. The six teams sitting at 9-4 or better are all locks for the playoffs; even though 9-4 technically doesn't yet clinch the spots, they all have more than enough season points accumulated to win the tiebreaker against the Big Mouths if they all end up at 9-5.

Several teams are on a major roll with some really strong scores in the past few games, the playoffs ought to be highly competitive this year. I'm going to need a ton of luck to repeat as champ.

I probably should have been more proactive working the waivers in the second half of the season. Seems I let my team fall behind a bit. Neext weeks and the playoffs will be fun though. Very competitive league!

I was doing good early on but then I got hammered. Better luck for me next year, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Looks like Odell Beckham may be this year's Josh Gordon.
    Pretty sure I drafted him in the last round and dumped him when the Giants weren't utilizing him.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast