Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Santorum Laughs Off Libertarian Critics During Heated Clash with The Independents

Rick Santorum Laughs Off Libertarian Critics During Heated Clash with The Independents

Santorum Laughs Off Libertarian Critics During Heated Clash with The Independents

by Andrew Kirell | 11:58 am, May 15th, 2014

In case you missed it: Rick Santorum appeared on The Independents on Thursday evening.

The former GOP senator doesn’t like the libertarian insurgency among young voters; he’s been quite clear about it in recent months. And so if you were to guess that his time with FBN’s libertarian show was a heated, frothy mess of moralistic posturing, then you would be correct.

I won’t spend too much time dissecting the 10-minute-long debate, because you should really just watch it and enjoy. But some highlights:

read more and video at link:
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/santorum-...-independents/
    Last edited by jct74; 05-15-2014 at 02:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if he'll ever come back (he may have had a similar feeling as Bill Nye about the show because it's on fox)

this is a totally wrong feeling, but i'm glad Kennedy didn't show him much respect.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Santorum would definately use government to plug up her hole.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Kennedy spotted a contradiction there: “Sometimes you can’t have it both ways. You can’t have children who are naturally raised in their home, sometimes kids are put up for their adoption. You can’t be against [gay] adoption, and against abortion, and against gay marriage, and claim that your views are consistent.”
    That's absurd, Kennedy and Santorum are both wrong on different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Laughing = a passive aggressive way to appeal to ridicule.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Kennedy missed a golden opportunity to actually expose his inconsistencies by getting all loud and emotional about it. Really not a good interview, Rick came off looking like the reasonable one.

"Place the chaises along the railing, and the umbrella tables in the center."
    "NO! Place the umbrella tables along the rails, and place the chaises poolside!"
    "No, no, no. Adirondacks go by the rails. Umbrella tables near the pool, chaises out in the sun."

Why can't we just come together and fix the debt and deficit?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

...his time with FBN’s libertarian show was a heated, frothy mess...
    I see what you did there,Andy.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The way to beat Rick, is pointing out that he voted to fund planned parenthood. Calling him a social con is false, it feeds into his nonsense and makes his base like him. He is a fake, like Ron told him.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    "Place the chaises along the railing, and the umbrella tables in the center."
    "NO! Place the umbrella tables along the rails, and place the chaises poolside!"
    "No, no, no. Adirondacks go by the rails. Umbrella tables near the pool, chaises out in the sun."

Why can't we just come together and fix the debt and deficit?
    Santorum doesn't want to. You need to have two willing parties in such a scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Santorum doesn't want to. You need to have two willing parties in such a scenario.
    Yep. And THAT's the ugly non-secret that is the real reason for the division. The Independents should've blistered Santorum from that direction instead of the social distractions.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

how is santorum even relevant? why waste your time interviewing a has-been with such predictable views. snore...bring on someone new and interesting. giving these leftovers airtime is boring and lazy programming.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Santorum is a nothing. He only got interest last primary after the voters realized that Bachmann, Perry, Cain and Gingrich were idiots. His whole appeal was that he wasn't Romney. There is no Frothy Army.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I guess they tape the show. I'll watch it tonight for sure!!

I fell out of my chair when she asked him "would you use government to plug my hole"?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the official video:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3568107411001

Here is the YouTube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30kmZzdRH2A
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The Founding Fathers are Libertarians... so Santorum's false premise that Libertarianism only works in theory have proven him wrong. I don't know if Santorum has kept up on current events, but the country is spiraling down and but a Big Government Republican funded by elitist millionaires and billionaires to spend money overseas and ramp-up the Fascism works? Hah! Santorum is a Big Progressive politician, party affiliation doesn't matter... he is not conservative.

Notice Rick Santorum mentions the necessity of the Federal Department of Education... I presume so, since he lied, stole, and committed felony fraud for taking $10s of thousand in Pennsylvania DOE funds for the "Remote Schooling" of his children... even though they were all living in Virginia, making the Santorums ineligible. He got caught, then he spent the US taxpayers money in pork Educational earmarks to bribe the PA DOE to drop any investigations into his "rental property" in PA. Even spent a ton of cash on Mass Transit in PA earmarks. Then of course, Santorum working for a lobbyist as a so-called "adviser"... yeah, that's like an adviser telling a torturer how to pull out a victim's fingernails, while standing next to them in a dungeon.

Santorum was voted the 3rd most corrupt politician when he was in office... I like Kennedy & company, but they're pretty poor hosting this show and challenging these charlatans and deceivers. We could put a team together and we'd have fun ripping apart the hypocrisy of politicians and these lifer government leeches.

PS: My first question would of been: Hey Rick, are you still the political bitch of the multi-millionaires and billionaires? BTW, Foster Friess called, he wants his arm back that's still stuck up your butt.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-15-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Founding fathers weren't libertarian. A larger, more centralized, more powerful government was created to replace what was in existence before it. There's a word for people who do that, but it isn't libertarian.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

The founders were not monolithic.

Hamilton and Madison wanted a strong central government. Patrick Henry and George Mason did not.

Read the Anti-Federalist Papers sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Kennedy missed a golden opportunity to actually expose his inconsistencies by getting all loud and emotional about it. Really not a good interview, Rick came off looking like the reasonable one.
    Yeah, true.... she kept interrupting and being pushy.... you're right, they could've set him up and made him look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Hamilton and Madison wanted a strong central government. Patrick Henry and George Mason did not.

And even Madison, the "father of the constitution" began to realize it was flawed, and joined the Anti Federalists in calling for a Bill of Rights, even though he wobbled back after the war of 1812.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Madison

"BECAUSE HE'S FAKE"- Ron Paul
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Rick Santorum On The Record

Richard John "Rick" Santorum was born May 10, 1958 in Winchester, Virginia to Aldo Santorum who immigrated to the United States at the age of seven from Riva del Garda, Italy, and Catherine (Dughi) Santorum. [See “natural born citizen” as required by Article II, Section I, Clause 5 of the US Constitution for President and by the 12th Amendment for Vice President.]

- Santorum quoted: “They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world.”

- Santorum voted in favor of the Patriot Act and its reauthorization.

- Santorum does not believe that the NDAA changes the law. However, it does give the president the power to indefinitely detain U.S. citizens without trial and due process, an unprecedented violation of the Constitution.

- Santorum is Roman Catholic and publicly against abortion, but voted at least six times to fund Planned Parenthood. “It was against the principles I believe in…sometimes you have to take one for the team”. Endorsed Pro-Choice Arlen Specter.

- Santorum defends freedom of religion, but stated “Privacy is not a Constitutional right”.

- Santorum voted to increase the debt limit five times, adding $3 trillion to the national debt.

- In a single session, Santorum co-sponsored 51 bills to increase spending.

- Santorum said he opposes bailouts, but he voted in favor of the bailouts of the Airline and Steel industries. Santorum declared in 2003 “I am no longer a deficit hawk.”

- Santorum supported the “Bridge to Nowhere” twice, and voted to raise his own pay.

- Santorum quoted: "One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country.... Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that's okay, contraception is okay. It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be." — Rick Santorum, interview with CaffeinatedThoughts.com (October 2011)

- Defiant of his church’s decree, Santorum fully supports pre-emptive war. Santorum has a long history of voting in favor of foreign aid; sent billions to countries like North Korea and Pakistan. Prefers isolationism over diplomacy toward countries like Cuba.

- Under Rick Santorum, deficits would have increased $4.5 trillion over two years, under the intermediate projection, leaving a debt equal to 104% of GDP.

- Santorum’s top contributors are Universal Health Services, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Achristavest. Santorum was director of the Universal Health Services , which was sued by the federal government over allegations of Medicare fraud. His SuperPac received donations from wealthy mutual fund manager Foster Friess and multi-millionaire William Dore.

____

____

For a list of all potential candidates:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Information
    Last edited by William Tell; 05-15-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    how is santorum even relevant?
    Santorum won eleven states by simply focusing on "Christian" talking points. And using the age old statist talking points about holy wars and the state as some shiny beacon that is synonymous with religion itself. It is a measure of what some people can be conned into and submit to. Santorum was invaluable in 2012 by providing a window into the extent of this mindset in the GOP base. It was essentially free polling that his campaign financed. And the people he reached out to have not gone away. Somebody will pursue that demographic in the primary, whether it's Santorum again or some equivalent replacement. Even if he doesn't run in 2015-16, Santorum will probably be quoted, interviewed, and sought out for endorsements throughout the whole thing.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-15-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Looks like Frothy is already making the Old Media talk circuit to prep for another Presidential run. Does he seriously think he has a chance?
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Looks like Frothy is already making the Old Media talk circuit to prep for another Presidential run. Does he seriously think he has a chance?
    He can probably contribute significantly to a very contentious primary.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-15-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

>Implying I haven't read the AF papers

How did that aggressive lady interviewer (over at the left side of the screen) get a job? She turned the "interview" into an unofficiated debate where she was yelling with no composure. I thought Stephanie Cutter was obnoxious but this lady is magnitudes worse.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-15-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    How did that aggressive lady interviewer get a job? She turned the "interview" into an unofficiated debate where she was yelling with no composure.
    She used to be an MTV host/personality. More recently, she was/is a correspondent for Reason, and Stossel's show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast