Thread: FL-Cops charge couple for feeding homeless

Exclamation FL-Cops charge couple for feeding homeless

Not intentionally malevolent.

Not to be $#@!ty, but...Romans 13!!!

Town bans acts of charity because it undercuts need for government agencies

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/d...less-ministry/

DAYTONA BEACH, FL — A charitable couple that devotes weekly time to feeding the homeless and hungry have been slapped with matching $375 fines as recognition for their acts of kindness. The town and county are deploying police to forcefully stop and punish people who privately feed the homeless because it reduces the need for government-run social services.

The couple behind the project is Chico and Debbie Jimenez, a middle-aged Christian couple that has devoted their time to feed the downtrodden every Wednesday in Manatee Island Park in Daytona Beach. Debbie, 52, is a retired auto parts store manager, and Chico, 60, is a retired construction manager.

The couple both left their jobs a year ago to devote themselves fully to their ministry, called Spreading the Word Without Saying a Word.

“The police said we are creating more homeless people by feeding them in the park, that we are enabling them by giving them one meal in a week. Does that make sense to you? It’s so crazy.”

The Jimenezes use the Book of Matthew as inspiration during their extensive feeding efforts. As Jesus said: “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me…. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 35:34-40)

After a year of service, their efforts were abruptly squashed by the government in May 2014, when 5 police officers were sent to shut down their ministry. The officers “made no bones about it,” according to the Jimenezes; everyone responsible for feeding the homeless would be punished to the full extent of the law.

Chico and Debbie Jimenez, along with four volunteers, were each given 2nd Degree Misdemeanors. The penalty for unauthorized charity is a $375 fine imposed on every volunteer.

One of the volunteers was a wheelchair-bound man who had recently escaped homelessness. As an additional slap in the face, police handed out multiple parking tickets to the organizers. In total, police dumped $2,238.00 in fines on the peaceful volunteers.

Additionally, all members involved were permanently banned from the park. If any should return, they will be arrested for trespassing — on public property, no less. The right to peaceably assemble has been declared null-and-void for charity workers.

“You’ve got to have permits,” the officers insisted.

More at link...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the antichrist system

you love it
    you hate it
    there it is
    the way THEY made it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The penalty for unauthorized charity is a $375 fine imposed on every volunteer.
    Ok, I have seen it all now.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Chico and Debbie Jimenez,

Acts 4:19 and Acts 5:27-29 apply, to wit: "But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men."

stop feeding the untouchables, gosh
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

“We as a city have spent millions of dollars to turn that park into a place for families, kids and dog lovers,” said Daytona Police Chief Mike Chitwood to NBC. “We have an ordinance that says when people want to perform acts of kindness or charity that they must coordinate with our local social service agencies.”
    There's local for you.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    There's local for you.
    Any town that requires you to have a charity permit is a piece of $#@!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Any town that requires you to have a charity permit is a piece of $#@!
    A lot of people will say, "JUST MOVE!" (in fact, one will probably being showing up momentarily)

It ignores the simple point that when all towns enact the same ridiculous nonsense, there is nowhere left to go.

A majority of people (who cannot be named) voted for this at some time, after all.

Did they expect the insanity to reach this level? Maybe not. The fact remains the same that those they pay to do their bidding are robbing people for feeding the hungry. (I hope everyone rereads that) And they call themselves 'Christians', no less.

It is also clear of where the 'good cops' are. That is, nowhere. A robbery was recorded. Public record, open court sessions, they admit to it. They tell the newspapers about their actions. Yet no one is arrested. I wait for the day that they are all homeless; the particularly counterproductive tax tapeworms.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    F*ck this $#@!.

Sorry, but there's really no other comment that pops into my mind.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    Ok, I have seen it all now.
    I keep saying that.....
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    F*ck this $#@!.

Sorry, but there's really no other comment that pops into my mind.
    you have withdrawn your consent?

that is not an easy or glamorous road to travel Love.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

The officers “made no bones about it,” according to the Jimenezes; everyone responsible for feeding the homeless would be punished to the full extent of the law.
    Hero's one and all, I'm sure they sleep the sleep of the just and the brave knowing they keep society free of the kind of scum that feeds homeless people.
    "The Patriarch"

I withdrew my consent long ago.

Not that it matters.

The state does not care whether it has my consent to rule me or not.

I think majority of us here from the first presidential campaign withdrew their consent a very long time ago.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

WTF? Volunteers from my parish feed the homeless rather regularly. Can we call these stupid Florida cops intentionally malevolent yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    WTF? Volunteers from my parish feed the homeless rather regularly. Can we call these stupid Florida cops intentionally malevolent yet?
    They have permits and probably government grants.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports that the city and county has broader plans to eventually centralize all homeless services under one authority.
    Well, there it is, unabashed and proud.

The recent increase in police crackdowns are geared to “discourage Good Samaritans from steering homeless people away from the agencies set up to provide the same services.”
    Don't even think about steppin' on our turf pal.
    "The Patriarch"

Obviously terrorists, nobody has real smiles like that.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I think majority of us here from the first presidential campaign withdrew their consent a very long time ago.
    yes dear. my bad.
    am I forgiven?
    even if HB objects?

yes dear. my bad.
    am I forgiven?
    even if HB objects?
    I would never object to you withdrawing your consent.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

You do! I've seen yer smile! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The officers “made no bones about it,” according to the Jimenezes; everyone responsible for feeding the homeless would be punished to the full extent of the law.
    Extrajudicial assassination via drone strike?
    Last edited by Philhelm; 05-13-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

"Punished to the full extent of the law."

For perpetrating the heinous act of... charity?

Excuse me... since when was it a crime to practice one of the virtues?

Since when was it the law that helping a fellow human being directly rather than through your assigned Government bureaucrats was deserving of punishment?

$#@! them. It's about time the Libertarian Robin Hoods came to Florida and starting guerrilla feeding-the-homeless warfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

I smile like that on top of the ridge with a beer after working to dusk and seeing no govt employees that need tarred and feathered.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I smile like that on top of the ridge with a beer after working to dusk and seeing no govt employees that need tarred and feathered.
    So you've given up alcohol completely...?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    So you've given up alcohol completely...?
    Nah , just cut back to 1979 levels, so I can still shoot straight.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , just cut back to 1979 levels, so I can still shoot straight.
    But there are always government employees that need to be tarred, feathered, and incinerated.
    -Stannis Baratheon

But there are always government employees that need to be tarred, feathered, and incinerated.
    I am painfully aware of that , but should be retired by now and not so vigilant . It is though a constant battle and if you rest , they may get you.They are not getting me .

Them's good eatin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.