Thread: Senate Hopeful Ben Sasse Backs McConnell

Senate Hopeful Ben Sasse Backs McConnell

Nebraska Senate Hopeful Ben Sasse Backs McConnell...

Ben Sasse ran for Nebraska’s GOP Senate nomination as the outsider – squabbling publicly and privately with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) and taking key support from the Senate Conservatives Fund, which aims to oust incumbent Republicans it deems insufficiently conservative.

Tuesday, with Nebraska voters headed to the polls, Mr. Sasse endorsed Mr. McConnell as minority leader.

“I’m for better conservative ideas and more winsome persuasion,” Mr. Sasse said on MSNBC when asked if he would support Mr. McConnell for leader should he win election to the Senate. “I’m a team player and looking forward to supporting whoever our leader is.”

Asked again if that meant he would back Mr. McConnell, Mr. Sasse was more succinct: “Absolutely,” he said.
    More:
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/0...cks-mcconnell/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paul Ryan is worse than McConnell. How does Sasse feel about Ryan-Murray?
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

The way he words his support for Mcconnell really makes me think he's on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    The way he words his support for Mcconnell really makes me think he's on our side
    Also, McConnell has to get some credit for bending over backwards to appease us for quite some time now.

I don't mind endorsements of terrible candidates. I just wish Mitch at least backed Greg man.