Thread: IRAN: WE CLONED YOUR DRONE!

Exclamation IRAN: WE CLONED YOUR DRONE!

Tehran, Iran

Iran has unveiled its own copy of an American stealth drone it captured in late 2011, claiming to have cracked the “secrets” of the bat-wing craft and added weapons capabilities.

Today, Fars News Agency reported that while Iran’s duplicate of the US RQ-170 Sentinel drone was smaller, it also had a “bombing capability to attack the US warships in any possible battle.” The story in Persian was headlined: “America’s nightmare has become reality.” State television showed footage on Sunday it said was of a US aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf filmed by an Iranian drone.

The drone replica was unveiled at an Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) exhibition on Sunday, where Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was briefed on how the drone, its systems, and structure had been reverse-engineered. He called it a “sweet day.”

The stealth replica would “soon take a test flight,” an IRGC officer said on Sunday. Aerospace chief Amir Ali Hajijadeh said today that they are working on two more models of the replica drone.

Engineers with the IRGC were ordered to reverse engineer the captured US drone, which was on a CIA mission to spy on nuclear and military sites in Iran when it was brought down in Iran largely intact. Iran reacted with euphoria, trumpeting the capture in an “electronic ambush” showed Iran’s technical prowess.

“And thus the Iranian-RQ [project] was designated,” said an IRGC aerospace officer, according to Fars News. “To achieve this, considering the difficulties and flight dynamics, we designed a bird with a smaller size that would be cheaper and simpler, and that we have done now. We have done ground tests already, and after this fair, we will do air tests too.”

“Here we didn’t know what type of information we were looking for. There was an issue of encoding and passwords, which thanks to God’s help we have overcome,” said the officer. He said data included video and advanced imaging and was “completely recovered.”

US officials said Iran was incapable of replicating the drone’s sophisticated radar-evading skin and shape, its aerodynamics, and top-of-the-line surveillance equipment, though it might be able to do so with the help of Russia or China. Iran has often made claims of cutting-edge military advances that later did not prove accurate, and it is not clear today what capabilities the replica has.

Khamenei said the lesson of the exhibition – which included unveiling a new cruise missile called “Ya Ali” with a 700 km range, among other new military hardware – was to show that Iranian engineers are capable.

“[It] gives the message of our internal power and capabilities … and declares that: ‘We can',” said Khamenei.

An Iranian engineer tasked with decoding the drone’s memory told The Christian Science Monitor in December 2011 that Iran had incrementally “spoofed” the drone’s GPS system, causing it to land in Iran instead of its home base in western Afghanistan. Just months before, the US military had approved two $47 million contracts to find ways to replace vulnerable military GPS systems.

The US government and intelligence community claim that the RQ-170 drone was not electronically “hijacked” by Iran, and say it crash-landed instead. The stealth drone’s existence was never officially acknowledged until Iran exhibited it on television, largely intact.

Iranian engineers had decoded two hard drives and determined that the US drone had made 13 missions over Pakistan and Afghanistan. They did not mention any visual or other data that might have pertained to Iran. Iran has previously made public video footage it said was taken from the drone’s memory, of a landing at Kandahar airport in Afghanistan.

Official images released Sunday showed the undercarriage of the American drone for the first time, with little apparent damage to the housing of the sensors and camera section, or the landing gear. When the drone was first shown on television 2-1/2 years ago, those elements were hidden by anti-American banners and camouflage material.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middl...-drone-replica
    Last edited by orenbus; 05-13-2014 at 04:36 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bet it doesn't work. The Iranians keep making mock up toys and telling us they are real. Remember their supposed fighter they showed off a few months back? Now what they should have done was to get the Chinese to help them reserve engineer it. That is the only way I see them being capable of getting it done.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I bet it doesn't work.
    I would not take that bet. The have some bright people there.. and they have a robust Homegrown Weapons industry. taking both Russian and Chinese designs and improving them.

I was expecting them to copy this,, with improvements.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

What exactly was the US drone doing over there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
    ??
    If you have to ask,, you are not paying attention.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I bet it doesn't work. The Iranians keep making mock up toys and telling us they are real. Remember their supposed fighter they showed off a few months back? Now what they should have done was to get the Chinese to help them reserve engineer it. That is the only way I see them being capable of getting it done.
    Ill take that bet.

Iranians took down "invisible" drone. It was undamaged (or mostly undamaged according to MSM...no evidance of damage). To build a copy of mechanical parts you dont have to be genius. Entire hardware is there. Only physical thing that they didnt have is how is radar absorbent paint.

If they highjacked drones signal, took it over and landed that drone there is fair chance that they already have software. Even if they didnt it is not quantum mechanics. Even Yugoslavia had their own fighter jets with computers (20+ years ago). It is hard to believe that there arent people in Iran that can make software to fly machine that they simply can copy to infinity.

P.s.
    I bet you a big beer.

P.s.s.
    We need a judge.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

The real thing is probably an RC model.

I bet it doesn't work.
    You know what I bet doesn't work?

Stealth technology.. Millions of $$$$$. Years of R&D. Huge Contracts..

Psssst!,, They saw it.
    They hacked it,, took control of it,, Landed it.. and took it apart and studied it..

Remember that big "stealth Bomber" that we wasted BILLIONS on.. Pssst! They can see them.. They are big slow targets.

DUH
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
    Spying.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You know what I bet doesn't work?

Stealth technology.. Millions of $$$$$. Years of R&D. Huge Contracts..

Psssst!,, They saw it.
    They hacked it,, took control of it,, Landed it.. and took it apart and studied it..

Remember that big "stealth Bomber" that we wasted BILLIONS on.. Pssst! They can see them.. They are big slow targets.

DUH
    It worked at separating billions of dollars from taxpayers and pouring it into the coffers of the crony-capitalists. That was all it needed to do to be a success. Mission accomplished!!!! Again.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Is not that the very definition?

Remotely piloted vehicle=radio controlled=RC model
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    isn't that essentially what a drone is?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

According to the article, the haven't gotten it literally off the ground yet.

“And thus the Iranian-RQ [project] was designated,” said an IRGC aerospace officer, according to Fars News. “To achieve this, considering the difficulties and flight dynamics, we designed a bird with a smaller size that would be cheaper and simpler, and that we have done now. We have done ground tests already, and after this fair, we will do air tests too.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    According to the article, the haven't gotten it literally off the ground yet.
    And so..? Is that relevant??

I am quite sure people that have been building aircraft for years will have little difficulty flying one.
    Damn Zippy,, They flew ours to a landing.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Banned

Blog Entries
    Drone technology is, and always will be, a boondoggle.

It is reliant more on intangibles like international law than realities like technology and the rules of warfare.

Without a pilot, in the cockpit, the mind of a drone can be turned by someone smarter than the person who programmed it.

And America may have smart people, but it does not have the smartest, and certainly does not have the most driven.

America's nightmare is it's drone army being turned on itself, and the more drones it makes, the bigger the potential that army can be turned with the click of a few buttons.