Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All you need to know about Mike Pence...

All you need to know about Mike Pence...

...is an article praising him by Jennifer Rubin.

The neoconservative dream candidate: Common Core, Welfare, Amnesty and "start more wars" foreign policy.

The Post reports on Indiana Gov. Mike Pence’s now very visible interest in a presidential run in 2016. He certainly has support from all quadrants of the GOP and is not off-putting to either establishment or far-right voters and groups.

At this point his greatest advantages may be what he is not. He is not a U.S. senator. He did not take part in the shutdown. He does not lack personality or presence. He does not worry strong social, economic or defense conservatives. He is not a newcomer to the national scene, but neither is he an overexposed commodity. He is not a political novice. He does not have to spend time and money getting reelected this year. He is not a purveyor of paranoia about government or a gloom-and-doom candidate here to warn us that the United States is well on the road to ruin. He is not, in other words, hobbled by one or more of the maladies that afflict other potential 2016 candidates.
    As for the substance of the message, Pence is perhaps uniquely able to carry out a vision of modernization. That means preparing students to work in the global economy (as he is doing with his home-grown version of Common Core); taking a centralized welfare state (including health care and entitlements) and making it sleek, effective, sustainable and user-friendly (not to mention cheaper); fixing a broken immigration system to promote American growth; and remaking American foreign policy to address the diverse 21st-century threats we face from jihadist terrorists and from countries like China, Russia and Iran.
    More:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/.../09/why-pence/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pence is probably better by a small degree on immigration because of the pushback he got on his touchback amnesty in 2006.

Mike Pence is friends with Steve King. He could be a threat in Iowa with socon and fiscal conservatives.

Nikki Haley is obviously another Kelly Ayotte on amnesty.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politi...on-reform.html

“At some point, D.C. needs to actually do something, say something,” said Haley, who also did not offer an opinion on details such as a path to citizenship. “It is causing a divide across this country, the longer they put off making a decision.”

Others at the Phoenix gathering offered varying views on immigration reform.
    Some, such as Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, advocated for securing the border first, which for years has been a common Republican refrain.
    “You could do a 21st-century, modern, guest-worker program without amnesty and solve the problem going forward for this country,” added Pence, a former U.S. representative.
    http://www.humanevents.com/2006/11/1...iefs-nov-1317/
    Still, Pence did support the tough border-security and immigration-enforcement bill that passed the House last December and counts now among his supporters for the minority leader post top GOP immigration hawks Tom Tancredo of Colorado and Steve King of Iowa.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 05-11-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Pence is probably better by a small degree on immigration because of the pushback he got on his touchback amnesty in 2006.
    Probably safe to bet that he wouldn't be getting mentioned if he wasn't US Chamber of Commerce approved.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

21st-century threats we face from ... countries like ... Iran.
    really? can't believe this crap still flies

edit: amnesty and immigration may be more important issues for some here, but for me it's paramount to seek peace.
    Last edited by surf; 05-12-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Probably safe to bet that he wouldn't be getting mentioned if he wasn't US Chamber of Commerce approved.
    Jennifer Rubin spins every race or candidate as conforming to her political views.

If Mike Pence wants to win do you think he is going to run to the left of everyone on immigration? He could be the consensus candidate like Santorum who doesn't offend anyone like Rand, Romney or Jeb at either end. Could you imagine if it was just Pence vs Jeb?

The Chamber approves people if they dont rock the boat.

Rubin actually believes Rick Perry could win the primary.

She claimed her views were vindicated by the NC Tea Party wipe out.

Frank Roche polled 41% against a fake mama grizzly.

The Tea Party got 54% against Tillis.

Walter Jones repelled a Rubin inspired candidate.

These numbers would not have happened in primaries prior to 2010.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Another GOP dead ender.

address the diverse 21st-century threats we face from jihadist terrorists and from countries like China, Russia and Iran.
    You got a mouse in your $#@!ing pocket?

The only people that are liable to blow up my house and kill my family and pets, all wear government badges and uniforms.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/so...n-core-119021/

Gov. Mike Pence (R-Ind.), who has been mentioned as a possible 2016 presidential candidate, was recently credited with repealing the Common Core State Standards Initiative in his state. But as columnist Michelle Malkin pointed out Wednesday, he only changed the name, not the substance of the educational reforms.

Terrence Moore, a Hillsdale College history professor who has written a book criticizing the Common Core, looked at the Indiana English standards and said they copy the same philosophy of the Common Core.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Another GOP dead ender.
    More like fast-track to the Presidency...

It seems he used to be part of Christian Evangelical wing of neoconism that in recent years has been greatly diminished/demoralized/U-turned looking at fruits of Iraq war (Obama, gay wedding cakes, SWCcare, massive debt etc). New and improved Pence probably is going to be an opportunistic politician and a good follower of Trump ... until he no longer has to. I do not think he will have many neoconish colors if he is elected as VP in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It seems he used to be part of Christian Evangelical wing of neoconism that in recent years has been greatly diminished/demoralized/U-turned looking at fruits of Iraq war (Obama, gay wedding cakes, SWCcare, massive debt etc). New and improved Pence probably is going to be an opportunistic politician and a good follower of Trump ... until he no longer has to. I do not think he will have many neoconish colors if he is elected as VP in 2016.
    They have shifted to the Teocon (Tea Party with neoconservative foreign policy, Patriot Act, etc) wing of the GOP. Think Cruz, Levin, Beck, Pence, RedState, Hannity.

RINO neoconservatives like Kristol, Graham, McCain are out of favor.

Bump for President Pence!

LOL , not yet , but looks to be in the cards, always did to me .
    Do something Danke

Yeah, I can't stand Pence. I would bet Trump chose him for the same reason Reagan picked Bush. And it wasn't because they wanted them.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, I can't stand Pence. I would bet Trump chose him for the same reason Reagan picked Bush. And it wasn't because they wanted them.
    Yeah not a big fan of Pence either.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wait. . . so that's why the issuing the Kennedy stamps this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    They are all globalists.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    They are all globalists.
    No, no, you don't understand. Trump is a nationalist and he just picked Pence for political considerations.
    "The Patriarch"

Mike Pence needs his OWN forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Somebody needs a straitjacket.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Somebody ####################
    Seriously, MiKE PENCE has his moments when he reminds me of GOVERNOR SPIRO AGNEW
    but then I dopeslap myself and remind myself how much of a team player JERRY FORD was.

Richard Milhous Nixon was often misunderstood...

So was Nostradamus.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So was Nostradamus.
    Agreed.

Agreed.
    What do you think about Cassandra?

What do you think about Cassandra?
    Ill fated

He was understood well enough. I have memories back that far.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    LOL , not yet , but looks to be in the cards, always did to me .

Seriously...

This post had a false premise to begin with. Betrayer-Republicans advocate for whoever they think the Democrat will beat and will come up with any reasons they need to to support a GOP candidate they think will lose.

Rubin's support then meant no more than that she thought he would be easy meat for the Clinton machine that she really works for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast