Thread: Would anyone be interested in buying my Canon 50D camera?

Thumbs up Would anyone be interested in buying my Canon 50D camera?

I have been reluctant to sell my Canon 50D camera due to having no wide angle or normal range lens to use for my upgraded camera (the Canon 5D Mark II), but I am considering selling my Canon 50D if I am able to get a good price for it (in order to buy said lens). This camera was used from March 2010, the first event I used it for being a Rand Paul 2010 event at the Evangel Center in Louisville, Kentucky, and was the only camera I used during Ron Paul's entire presidential campaign in 2011 and 2012. So this camera has documented a wide range of the liberty movement.

I would be willing to include the kit lens (that comes with many of Canon's cameras), the 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, as well. As well as a few batteries so you can start using it once you receive it. It is still in great condition, and has no defects or damage.

I would like to sell it for a bit under what I paid for it a few years ago, around $500. So if anyone is interested, let me know if you would be willing to pay that much.

Here are a few of the photos that I took with the camera (lens used differs):

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Really nice camera.. Unfortunately I already own a 40D...

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    But has it photographed RON PAUL?
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    lol, I still have my 20D (I do have a 5D Mark II, as well)

Hmm, is this the camera that you used the lens that I bought from you on?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

E-bay for $10k+, with X amount going to various liberty candidates, balance buying your new lenses?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Hmm, is this the camera that you used the lens that I bought from you on?
    I did use that lens I sold you previously on the camera until around May 2011, so it was used from March 2010 to May 2011 for the end of Rand's Senate run and beginning of Ron's presidential run.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would also be willing to include a signed (by me) photo of your choice from my photostream of either Ron or Rand Paul.

I officially took the plunge and got a new wide angle lens, so I am now free to sell my old camera. If anyone would like to offer their best price, I may be willing to go under the amount I am asking for. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I officially took the plunge and got a new wide angle lens, so I am now free to sell my old camera. If anyone would like to offer their best price, I may be willing to go under the amount I am asking for. Anyone interested?
    So, what do you need to get for the 50D and

I would be willing to include the kit lens (that comes with many of Canon's cameras), the 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, as well. As well as a few batteries so you can start using it once you receive it
    ?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Gage,

I had a canon EOS Rebel stolen a couple of months ago and was looking for a replacement. I'm assuming that the same lenses fit...

I see the 50D starts used at a bit under $400, which is what a NIB Rebel costs... are you open to that price point.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Gage,

I had a canon EOS Rebel stolen a couple of months ago and was looking for a replacement. I'm assuming that the same lenses fit...

I see the 50D starts used at a bit under $400, which is what a NIB Rebel costs... are you open to that price point.

-t
    I'm a little bit more wary to do $400, but I will consider it. Most all lenses will fit the 50D, as it is a crop sensor like the Rebel line, as opposed to full frame.

Let me get back to you within the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I'm a little bit more wary to do $400, but I will consider it. Most all lenses will fit the 50D, as it is a crop sensor like the Rebel line, as opposed to full frame.

Let me get back to you within the next couple days.
    I've been looking into the D50 a bit more and it seems a higher quality camera than the Rebel. Could I meet you half way at $450.

thanks,

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I've been looking into the D50 a bit more and it seems a higher quality camera than the Rebel. Could I meet you half way at $450.

thanks,

-t
    Sorry for the delayed response! I think $450 would be fine. PM me with your address and I will let you know about payment.

Camera arrived. Very happy with the transaction, with the exception that the lens didn't come with a lens cap. Not a big deal. Otherwise great camera in good condition.

I'd recommend you as a seller.

thanks,

-t

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.